Please help me find the perfect work bag!

katdva

Oct 21, 2006
I might be starting the whole interview/job search process soon, and while a purse is not a make it or break it thing, it would help me have more confidence!

What am I looking for:

- Something polished, classic, no garish hardware.
- Projects confidence!
- It has to go well with professional attire from suits to blouses to casual friday wear, needs to be versatile.
- I love good quality leather, hate nylon
- My budget is around $400 - I don't mind pre-owned.

Thank you :smile:

how about a black LV Alma or Passy...
p11157388_ph_althero_Black.jpg
Passy
p10260279_ph_althero_Black.jpg
Alma
They are over budget new but maybe u could get a good deal on ebay?

Ok, the only advice I can give you is take the stuff you would normally have with you going to work every day when you are looking at bags. Make sure you can fit everything in: phone, organiser, iPod, keys, A4 documents, lunch

Lots of SAs try to encourage people to buy big black totes saying: You'll be able to fit so much stuff in, it'll be perfect for work.

Fact is, they usually don't fit enough in. You almost always need something quite a bit bigger than you think at first.

Good luck with your search, keep us posted!:tup:

Fact is, they usually don't fit enough in. You almost always need something quite a bit bigger than you think at first.

I completely agree -- for interviewing, you'll want to bring non-folded copies of your resume, a notepad, and a small bottle of water in addition to your usual stuff. How about this Cole Haan for $399? Black is safer for interviews, but if you work in the right (not too conservative) industry, you might consider the gorgeous gunmetal version.

6627-451015-d.jpg
5007-549651-d.jpg

I have to second the Gryson Heidi. I wish I'd bought mine for $199!!!

But it's a great bag. There is a bit of hardware, but it isn't garish and you can easily carry it so the hardware faces in.