Reese Witherspoon

Legally Blonde Reese Witherspoon is upset with 'sad and very strange' behavior of many Young Hollywood girls, because they demean the women who worked hard to achieve equality. She says:

''We don't need to keep reading about female celebrities who are out there posing all the time and craving attention and exploiting the sex symbol stereotype. My mother and grandmother fought incredibly hard against a male establishment to become high achievers in their lives, and I think women should be able to be sexy and smart and successful, without being silly and aimless."

The full story is here

I think this may be true I remembered she said something similar before, early last year I think. Good for her.

HOLLYWOOD - Reese Witherspoon has hit out at Jessica Simpson, accusing her of cashing in onher stupidity.
The actress was appalled with Simpson's behavior in her reality show
Newlyweds, insisting she should be ashamed not celebrate her ignorance.
Witherspoon, 29, says, "Creating a cultural icon out of someone who goes, 'I'm
stupid, isn't it cute?' makes me want to throw daggers.
"I want to say to them, 'My grandma did not fight for what she fought for,
just so you can start telling women it's fun to be stupid.'"
Article Copyright World Entertainment News Network All Rights Reserved.

Reese is right. I miss the "old" young Hollywood... we were so lucky before, we had Reese, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Liv Tyler, Gwyneth, Natalie Portman, Wynona!!!!! To name but a few...

Can't stand her:hrmm: ..funny how she did a movie like Legally Blonde to begin with..
I don't like her either, yes she made a good statement and I do agree but everyone has their own agenda. Isn't cashing in on being stupid actually quite smart. I would love to make the money Jessica Simpson makes. However, I do think America's youth needs better role models than Brit and Paris.
She just acts so above everyone. Sorry, I was in a restraunt she came into years ago. She came in and when she wasn't seated right away, she threw a fit and said "Don't you know who I am?" Ugh, I haven't liked her since.

I don't like her either, yes she made a good statement and I do agree but everyone has their own agenda. Isn't cashing in on being stupid actually quite smart. I would love to make the money Jessica Simpson makes. However, I do think America's youth needs better role models than Brit and Paris.
She just acts so above everyone. Sorry, I was in a restraunt she came into years ago. She came in and when she wasn't seated right away, she threw a fit and said "Don't you know who I am?" Ugh, I haven't liked her since.
lol, wow..
she doesn't need to bash specific people..I tend to like "humble talent" as opposed to self righteous martyrs.