Lock and key

Jun 23, 2007
I purchased an Ellipse MM from Neiman Marcus in Tysons a couple of weeks ago. When it was delivered the lock looked very old and was discolored or oxidized. Yesterday, I went to the store and showed them the lock. I was told that I could buy a new one and I nearly threw a fit. It was obvious that my bag was brand new. There was no way the lock would have turned that yucky color so quickly. The sales associate disappeared for a moment and returned with a brand new lock and set of keys. And a smile.
--Judy

I am appalled that they even suggested you BUY another one.....
I'm glad you spoke up and got the lock you DESERVED!!!!!!

I'm glad it worked out! I think it just depends on where you go...I went to the LV store in Saks in Bevery Hills WITHOUT my speedy and told them that I lost the keys (which I honestly did) and they gave me a new lock and keys, no questions asked...

Good for you...I have been buying from the Vuitton boutique and Neimans in Tysons for years..and I have never received anything like that...You should not have had to "throw a fit"...I may reconsider buying from them in the future....

Good for you...I have been buying from the Vuitton boutique and Neimans in Tysons for years..and I have never received anything like that...You should not have had to "throw a fit"...I may reconsider buying from them in the future....

I bought the bag on impulse over the phone. I needed that Ellipse MM before it went away. I know the sales girl was doing as she was told. It was the first LV handbag that I purchased at NM (I got a wallet a few months back with NM In-Circle reward card.) Like I said, they had the bag so I ordered it sight unseen. After the lock debacle, we also purchased a MC strap for the bag and a new black tie for DH's tux. I did okay and so did she.
I live in Baltimore and went down to Tysons yesterday for the shoe event.
--Judy

I didn't know the Ellipse was being discontinued...do you know when? I may consider getting one for my daughter, since she doesn't want her mothers old bags...and I have all three sizes of the ellipse...and I hear what you are saying...If you feel it was truly a one time occurrance...I may reconsider...however...I have truly been disappointed in the Vuitton SA within the last two to three years...Most of my favorite SAs have left the corporation and I only have a few remaining..FYI...should you travel to Tysons again soon....the 2007/2008 catalog is out... I picked up my copy yesterday....Enjoy your new bag...

I didn't know the Ellipse was being discontinued...do you know when? I may consider getting one for my daughter, since she doesn't want her mothers old bags...and I have all three sizes of the ellipse...and I hear what you are saying...If you feel it was truly a one time occurrance...I may reconsider...however...I have truly been disappointed in the Vuitton SA within the last two to three years...Most of my favorite SAs have left the corporation and I only have a few remaining..FYI...should you travel to Tysons again soon....the 2007/2008 catalog is out... I picked up my copy yesterday....Enjoy your new bag...

Hi Lisa -- were you at Tysons yesterday? I was there Friday. I didn't ask for a catalog; never thought about it. The Ellipse MM (the larger of the two sizes) has been discontinued. I read a few weeks ago there were a dozen left in the US. Yesterday the SA didn't know that they had discontinued the bag. She checked and confirmed that there are (were) only four left in US. I dealt with Susie on the phone when I purchased the bag, but she wasn't there Friday. I bought my first LV (Viva Cite GM) in St. Bart's; second (red Epi Alma) in Atlantic City in april, and the Ellipse a couple of weeks ago. I guess I'm not really so into the bags that I am loyal to one place. I would rather deal with Neiman Marcus because of I earn points with their credit card. I wish Nordstrom would get a LV boutique because I save my Nordstrom points for my Chanel bags.
Since we live in Baltimore, we go to Tysons frequently. I will be at NM next week for a Guerlain facial event.:smile:
Judy

Judy...thanks for the information...just the Ellipse MM? my daughter is petite so the small would be better...yes I was in Tysons yesterday...I went to Hermes in search of finding my daughter her first Hermes bag and found nothing!!!then I had to make all the shopping rounds...so off I went to Vuitton..and thank heavens I still have a few contacts left...I scooped up a catalog...reminded the SAs to call when the damier neverfull gm comes in and then off to Neimans...I stopped in the Chanel boutique(in NM)..found nothing!!!spoke to a couple of my favorite sales people who work the designer handbag counter...and then off to Saks... again just had to speak with my favorite SAs there...then I picked up a new Dior logo pink wallet for my daughter..then I scooted in to the Chanel boutique and picked up a small cosmetic case for my daughter and that rounds out my day...so nothing...nothing...for me...and actually I should have gone to Best buys or Circuit City to pickup a new camera..since my daughter lifted mine when she left for school...maybe after I complete my great bag hunt...I will have enough money to buy a new one...Enjoy your week and congrats on the new bag...Lisa

Judy...next week I will be doing the college mom thing...I will be in Jersey visiting my daughter for friends and family weekend...let me know if you head this way...the following weekend..Lisa

Judy...next week I will be doing the college mom thing...I will be in Jersey visiting my daughter for friends and family weekend...let me know if you head this way...the following weekend..Lisa

Ah -- family weekends. I remember it well. Our son went to Sarah Lawrence in Bronxville, NY. Fortunately for me he is not a clotheshorse, wears only second hand clothing which he finds, who-knows-where. He graduated two years ago and is on the west coast in Washington.
I think the MM is really a big bag for a tiny girl. I'm tall and all of my bags are pretty big. I really got the Ellipse because it was going away. The smaller size, which hasn't been discontinued, would probably be a better choice for her. You are a great mom to buy your daughter such lovely bags.
Do you live near Tysons? We are in Baltimore.
--Judy

Not far...I live in Fort Washington...so it takes me about 30 to 45 minutes to get to Tysons...and congrats regarding your son...my daughter is a third year biochemistry student at Seton Hall...and we think she a great kid...that is why she gets all these fabulous things...now changing gears...Have you visit the Saks Warehouse out in Hickory Hill? I haven't been yet..but from my understanding we could get alot of fabulous pieces from there and it is approx 20 minutes or so from Baltimore...If I can stay put in the state of Maryland for at least one weekend I have plans to check it out..

Oh..Judy....there is no Vuitton at the Saks Warehouse...However,from speaking the store operator when I called to get directions to the store it was stated that they stocked several designers such as Chloe, Chanel, Fendi and Prada.