Are they ever...

Noegirl05

:love:
Feb 4, 2007
going to come out with a damier speedy 35 or 40? I would hate to special order it for a whopping 30% more just for it to come out soon...

Does anyone have any info?

Michelle

it seems quite popular for an SO and thats how the smaller damier speedies made it into the permanent collection. i would love a damier 40 but dont want to pay the extra.

The way it works with LV, when you go to place a s.o. with them. Your LV sa contacts the home office to get approval and if LV plans on adding this to their regular lines, then they decline the special order. When I ordered my s.o. Damier Cabas Piano, I was also going to order the damier 25 speedy and LV came back with approving my Piano; however, they declined the speedy 25 because they informed me it was coming out as a regular piece in a year. So if you go to place your order and they approve it, this means LV does NOT have any definite future plans on adding it to the regular line. :tup:

The way it works with LV, when you go to place a s.o. with them. Your LV sa contacts the home office to get approval and if LV plans on adding this to their regular lines, then they decline the special order. When I ordered my s.o. Damier Cabas Piano, I was also going to order the damier 25 speedy and LV came back with approving my Piano; however, they declined the speedy 25 because they informed me it was coming out as a regular piece in a year. So if you go to place your order and they approve it, this means LV does NOT have any definite future plans on adding it to the regular line. :tup:
good to know.

i think there was talk of this happening, lv making a 35. i would love one, but i don't want to pay the extra 20% to SO it. i'd rather wait to see if it becomes a permanent item.

I'm not entirely sure about them refusing SO if something is going to come out. I SO'd the Alma in Damier 1/2 a year before it became something regular. I was a bit peeved, but still loved the bag. I've since given it to my mom. Also, it sometimes depends - but a couple of friends have actually SO'd things and the price came out to be only 20% more. It just seems that sometimes Paris can't make up their minds!

That said, I'd LOVE a Damier Speedy 35!!