Clinique 3-Step Skin Care System

I really want to try that Clinique system because my skin is oily and Im getting sick of using blotting sheets every hour! If anyone has their system, could you tell me if it works well? I dont want to spend $50 for something that wont work!

(Also, is the Turnaround Concentrate Visible Skin Renewer
and Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector worth the money???)

IMO, the 3 step system is too harsh on skin - especially their toner.

I do recommend the dramatically different moisturizing gel (DDMG). It's oil free, scent free, and a good lightweight moisturizer for oily skin in the summer time. I do best with unscented moisturizers so this is one of my staples.

I've tried the 3 step program, it was okay but didn't really 'do' it for me (but on the other hand, no other program does it either :P I guess it depends on your skin type) the dramatically different moisturizer is god IMO. don't know about the gel Jenglory mentioned. the pore minimizing instant perfector is just a colored concealer that covers the pores...

I agree with Jenglory. Clinique's 3 Step is way harsh on your skin. I found it to be extremely drying. You might wanna try their Triple Action Moisturiser for oily skin though, it worked fine for me. The Pore Minimizer is no good, but the Skin Renewer is. It makes your skin so unbelievably soft!

IMO, the 3 step system is too harsh on skin - especially their toner.

I do recommend the dramatically different moisturizing gel (DDMG). It's oil free, scent free, and a good lightweight moisturizer for oily skin in the summer time. I do best with unscented moisturizers so this is one of my staples.

Agreed.

I used Clinique's 3 Step in High School when my acne was bad and it never helped. It dried out my skin too much and made it flaky. However I do use Clinique's moisturizers and make-up removers religiously.

I found it to be very drying as well. The Dramatically Different Moisturizer contains lanolin which is not good for facial skin and is pretty gross.

I've tried the 3 step program, it was okay but didn't really 'do' it for me (but on the other hand, no other program does it either :P I guess it depends on your skin type) the dramatically different moisturizer is god IMO. don't know about the gel Jenglory mentioned. the pore minimizing instant perfector is just a colored concealer that covers the pores...

The same went for me..

Also, what I never really liked about it was that the toner contains alcohol - all of my life, every doctor or dermatologist I've ever spoken to or read about, have said that it's important to avoid alcohol - especially if one has blemished skin (which was the case for me). I still adore many of the other Clinique products though, and the moisturizer wasn't too bad, so I guess you just have to try it out and see :smile:

Does anybody use the Clinique 3-Step skin care system?

I got a free weeks supply at a clinique counter at the weekend, i've never used clinique products before and i'm very impressed so far! the clarifying lotion is really good at exfoliating the skin! I assume clinique must have faith in their own products if they give away a weeks supply?

Just wondered if anyone uses this system long-term? as although i'm impressed with 4 days of use, i want to know if the system is effective long-term? anyone's experiences would be most welcome!?

I've heard about it and my friend uses it too, but you definitely have to use all three products right? And what about for people with oily skin?

They have the three step system that is customized to your skin type (Clinique does skin typing), so they do offer products for oily skin. If you have quite oily skin you can get the moisturizing gel instead of the lotion as as the gel is oil free.

I agree that the soap lasts FOREVER.