Clinique 3-Step Skin Care System

AHHHH! This product is really a hit or miss! It gave me horrible breakouts...that have only started to really clear up a year later. If you have sensitive skin, please be careful. Also, make sure that you were given the right combination for your skin.
Good Luck, I hope it works out for you.

i've been using this for about 5-6 years and i have oily skin. when i first started using it i loved it but i also have a presciption for face cream that i use along with it. now it seems as tho my face is getting oily-er which could be from the clinique foundation compact i use.

i'm looking into trying out the shshiseido pureness line sometime soon

I used to work for Clinique, and it is a great skin care product. If your skin is sensitive then you want to switch to the mild formula which I belive is like an aqua green, and the mild soap bar.

For acne, use the acne formula in the blue bottles, they have salacytic acid that helps to clear the skin. Hope this helps.

i've been using this for about 5-6 years and i have oily skin. when i first started using it i loved it but i also have a presciption for face cream that i use along with it. now it seems as tho my face is getting oily-er which could be from the clinique foundation compact i use.

i'm looking into trying out the shshiseido pureness line sometime soon

If you have oily skin to begin with, and the cream is making it oilier, then I would suggest that you up your clarifying lotion.

Soap: Oily skin
If you are using a 3 lotion, up t a 4

and you should be using the Dramatically Different Mois. GEL NOT LOTION. The Lotion will add too much moisture, and if you are using it along with your P. cream, just use a little bit.

Also, what will help with the oiliness is to Wash your face in the morning and evening. And make certain you change you pillow cases OFTEN.

Oh, and to add, it probably is not the make up, but the p. cream you added to the mix. What you can do is switch from a liquid formula if that is what you are using and switch to the Powdered formulas. The Clarifying or perfectly real formula which have a matte finish would probably work best for you and they are for type 3/4. If you prefer to stick with a liquid go for the clarafying liquid or superfit, or perfectly real.

Hope this helps.

If you have oily skin to begin with, and the cream is making it oilier, then I would suggest that you up your clarifying lotion.

Soap: Oily skin
If you are using a 3 lotion, up t a 4

and you should be using the Dramatically Different Mois. GEL NOT LOTION. The Lotion will add too much moisture, and if you are using it along with your P. cream, just use a little bit.

Also, what will help with the oiliness is to Wash your face in the morning and evening. And make certain you change you pillow cases OFTEN.

Oh, and to add, it probably is not the make up, but the p. cream you added to the mix. What you can do is switch from a liquid formula if that is what you are using and switch to the Powdered formulas. The Clarifying or perfectly real formula which have a matte finish would probably work best for you and they are for type 3/4. If you prefer to stick with a liquid go for the clarafying liquid or superfit, or perfectly real.

Hope this helps.

that is very helpful! thanks!!

i do use the gel and not the lotion and i only use it where i get dry (because my p. cream dries me out in some areas). I use the soap that comes in a bar & liquid but i use the liquid form and it says it's for oily skin? i just think it's more convienient. I use it in the mornings and at night i use the Acne face wash that is sort of gel-y. used to use the foam but it doesn't travel well.

when you talk about liquid and powered formulas are you talking about foundation? right now i'm using the oil free compact makeup, which i think might be the problem

i'll have to go home and check to see whether i'm a 3 or 4.. i can't remember off the top of my head..

haha i just realized i have one of my compacts sitting right by me... i use the perfectly real compact makeup foundation

^ I agree!

I can use the makeup, but I can't use the skincare. Last time I tried it I had to take Benadryl :wtf:

I also agree. Clinique tends to be love it or hate it. Personally, I'm not a fan. I used the three step system for oily skin a few years ago and it was terrible on my skin.
However, one thing I've learned through my years of skin battles is that everyone's different and everyone's skin reacts to products in different ways, so a bad review shouldn't necessarily put you off. I'd stick with samples for a while, Clinique samples are easy enough to get, and when you've worked out if it's good or not purchase the full sizes.
Good luck!

I have been using it for 1 year.....and i just bought yesterday a new kit because it was over,its the best thing for skin.....i love it ,my skin look beautiful and its delicate on my skin.I recomend it and the price for the quality is great!!!

So i posted a thread a few days ago about what skin products to use to make my skin look fresh and young (im 21 btw)

It was highly suggested that i change my skincare routine before purchasing any expensive cosmetics. I visited my local department store and have been using the clinique 3 step for about 7 days. I can allerady see a slight improvment in my skin tone and the overall condition of my skin is better.

My only question is how much product should i be using? I have the liquid facial soap and clarifying lotion 2 and Dramatically Different GEL.

I use x1 pump of liquid soap to wash my face
With the clarifying lotion i turn the bottle upside down quickly 3 times and wipe my face
Then 1 pump of the Gel to finish

Am I using the right amounts? my skin still feels a little tight after the last step with the gel, does anybody have any suggestions?

Many Thanks in advance!

You might just have the same skin as I do...I cant use any gel cream on my face, it just feels tight and uncomfortable. If you try out putting less product on your face and it still feels tight, I would suggest using a light cream - oily skins can be dehydrated too and/or sensitive and gels arent the best solution for them. Clinique has lotion as an option in 3 step programme and a moisturizer for dry combination skins, it might be a better option for you.

or this one

http://www.vichyusa.com/_us/_en/catalog/product.aspx?prdcode=V013&CatCode=AXE_FACE_CARE^F1_FACE_MOIST^F2_FACE_MOIST_ACNE&

or

http://www.laroche-posay.us/_us/_en...CatCode=F2_OILY_SKIN_C&TopCat=F1_SKIN_TYPES_C

ok I just read your previous thread..I presumed that your skin is oily because u use the clinique gel, but maybe it isnt? what about the skin patches? could you describe your skin more? also, do you exfoliate, and if yes how often?

thank you for your reply!

My skin is oily and occasionally i get dry patches, i dont have a routine to exfoliate. The SA at clinique suggested that i use the gel because she thought my skin was oily.

Do you suggest that i go back and try the lotion instead?

Clinique is a brand I can trust when it comes to skin care products, so they should work great!

Just make sure that once you've applied your Clarifying Lotion to a cotton wool pad, you're not pressing hard. Keep to light strokes, even if you do have dry patches, leave it to the moisturizer.

1 pump may not be enough. It might be that you need 1 pump & a half, or 2 even. Make sure that it's being applied all over the face & if you feel your skin could do with a little more, apply a little more, but make sure that it's absorbing.

You want to get yourself an SPF too & Clinique do a few of these. When you go to your Clinique store, let them know your skin type and they will help you to choose one. Some can be quite moisturizing, others are very lightweight & leave no greasy feeling at all.

lastly, I'll recommend this,
clq_6F12_250.jpg

Cliniques Pore Minimizer Refining Mask!
I recommend this for everyone, no matter what skin type you are! This mask sucks out all the oil in your pores without making your skin feel dry. It's gentle, yet effective. Helps to minimize the appearance of pores, as they enlarge with age & leaves your skin very smooth. Great for makeup application! I always make sure I have this in my home.