lay out to dry?

Feb 4, 2006
Hello!

I have to wash my favorite pair of jeans but im really scared of washing them and putting them in the dryer, then they will shrink and it wont fit right anymore. The tag says lay to dry. Does this mean I should just let it dry without the dryer? help!! TIA:smile:

If you frequently plan to air dry clothing they make drying racks and drying nets. They're great because air can get to both sides so things dry faster. You also are not hanging the items which will helps items like sweaters maintain their shape. I bought a net that I place over my bathtub. It cost less than $5 at a hardware store.

I'd keep them away from the dryer like everyone else suggested and let them air dry.

I always take mine to the dry cleaners, though. I started doing it last year and now I never have to worry.

Dryers KILL your clothing, I dont dry ANYTHING that I wear (other than undergarments & socks). I leave my shirts on hangers,and I throw my jeans on the rales of my stair case (My mom gets angry though)

Dryers KILL your clothing, I dont dry ANYTHING that I wear (other than undergarments & socks). I leave my shirts on hangers,and I throw my jeans on the rales of my stair case (My mom gets angry though)

I agree, I dont dry anything I value a lot either. Mostly underwear and pajamas and socks and that kind of stuff. Would never put my jeans in a dryer, for example.

I dry my jeans, because I don't like when I let them air dry and they feel all crunchy. I know its bad for them though. :s

But if I have to air dry something, I usually ust lay it over the back of a chair.