Shill Bidding

rbaby

Insufficient Funds
O.G.
Aug 20, 2007
So I have been bidding on a few high end items and I noticed that on more than one auction I was bidding against someone with no feedback and their ebay ID contained two letters separated by three stars (hypothetical example: v***v). At first I thought it was a coincidence, but now on the third auction I am a bit suspicious. Has anyone noticed anything like this?

So I have been bidding on a few high end items and I noticed that on more than one auction I was bidding against someone with no feedback and their ebay ID contained two letters separated by three stars (hypothetical example: v***v). At first I thought it was a coincidence, but now on the third auction I am a bit suspicious. Has anyone noticed anything like this?

Please see this... :smile:

The **'s are blocking out the bidders id's. I believe they call it a private auction, where the bidders name is private. I think if the auction doesn't reach $200 then the id's will show but I am not sure.

I am not a fan of them because of shill bidding.

Oh man....I am SOOOOO stupid. Luckily I check here I would have been majorly screwed!!!!!!!:wtf:

Thank-you to those who took the time to respond, much appreciated. :heart::heart::heart::heart: