POlice Officer Arrested McDonald's Employee

Dang, where are the cops when my fries are served cold?? Never a cop around when you need one. Seriously though, I hope that the employee sues that cops <bleep> off and wins.

I guess I'm in the minority when I say I could kind of see his point about serving the over salted burgers anyway and possibly endangering people's health.

It's trivializing it to say the police officer arrested the employee because he didn't like his hamburger. He arrested the employee because he got sick from the burger.

If a citizen ate the hamburger and got sick, they would probably sue the restaurant. It just so happens that someone with police powers (an officer) was the one that got sick.

And the officer wasn't 'blaming her' or 'killing the messenger.' She's the one that spilled the salt on the food. Instead of doing the proper thing, which was to throw it out and get new hamburger meat, she 'thumped as much salt off as she could' and served it.

If she did nothing else, she should have at least explained the situation to a supervisor and asked them what to do next.

When I worked at Starbucks (it was during a really hot summer month) I noticed milk from a particular gallon of milk curdled every time I steamed it. Looking back on it, I could have pulled a Kendra Bull and served lattes made with the curdled milk anyway, but I wasn't that stupid.

I spoke to a supervisor, asked her what to do (quietly, so the customers wouldn't hear). We decided that I would throw out milk from that jug, wash out the pitchers and start again with a new gallon of milk.

I'd say if we're talking about endangering health, we'd have to shut every fast food chain there down.

Good point.

But there's a difference between saturated fat (which shouldn't be there, but that's a whole other dicussion) and oversalting the food.

That would be like me accidentally making a drink with regular millk when the customer asked for soy and serving it anyway.

How did he get sick? Did he taste that it was way too salty and continue to eat it anyways? A normal person would go back and complain that it was way too salty. Demand a refund or maybe get a free one...but dont arrest her! So she isnt too bright...she doesnt deserve to go to jail for it!