Handbags Or Diamonds

The *smarter* choice would probably be diamonds.

For me personally though, I'd pick the bag. I already have a small collection of diamond jewelry bought for me by my mom, but I feel I'm still too young to be wearing her higher-end jewelry. For now, I'm sticking to my bag obsession.

The *smarter* choice would probably be diamonds.
Not if it's a Hermes Kelly or Birkin. ;)

It depends on the purse. I'd probably go for jewelry, but I don't usually have to make that choice as the jewelry I want usually is more expensive than the bags I want anyways... And I hardly want any jewerlry.

I would go with a handbag. I'm not really a jewelry person, and some pieces are too formal for everyday wear. Handbags are *usually* appropriate for any occasion.

I'm going tobe the divergent opinion here and say DIAMONDS, all the way!!! You didn't specify what kind of jewelry so it may not be as practical (get as much wear as) a bag, but diamonds are never practical!

It completely depends - what kind of jewelry, what bag, who's paying, if there is an occasion.
I'm getting an upgraded engagement ring for my 30th birthday. Sure I could have asked for a new bag to the same value but the ring is hopefully something I will wear forever. The bag would be loved and all but it's not in any way the same.
But if I was talking about maybe a bracelet or a necklace that I might wear occasionally rather than a bag I could use every day and really wanted, I'd probably go for the bag.
I know my husband would be a bit put out at being asked for a bag over diamonds. He considers the jewelry to be much more of a gift than a bag.
But I also never buy my own jewelry whereas I always buy my own bags!

Depends on the kind of diamonds (remember, the 4Cs) and the kind of handbag. Let's say it was some high end bag that costs $1000+, vs a diamond ring that costs the same or a little more. I'd go for the diamonds all the time, but make sure the diamonds are acceptable to me. My love for bags are so fleeting, but my love for jewelry is forever. :tender:

But that's just me. :queen:

I would probably get the bag and put the diamonds on layaway to get later so I could have both :graucho: If you really have to chose I say diamonds as they really "are forever."

Well..since I already have a good collection of diamonds in my jewelry case that I dont wear as often as I should...I'd have to say a bag, especially if it was a Hermes :yes::yes: