Handbags Or Diamonds

I go back and forth between really wanting bags and really wanting jewelry. Lately I've felt happy with the bags I have, but really lacking in the jewelry department, so I've been choosing (and desiring) diamonds more. Even though there is always a bag I'll want, I guess it just depends on my mood.

You asked about resale... it really depends on what you're buying in either category. I think the best thing to consider is what you're going to get the most joy out of, not what you can possibly sell it for down the line.

Thanks for your opinion ,but which do u think has a resale value ,you know us gals are soooo changeable:rolleyes:

Again it totally depends on what bag and what diamonds you are talking about. I love bags that aren't well known so they aren't easy to sell on, then again I don't buy them to sell to others! Diamonds - well again it depends on what you get and how/where you intend to sell it I guess.
There's always Diamonique!

i wear diamond studs every single day. i only take them off to clean them.

jewelry will always be more valuable to me than handbags (i don't care if its a hermes). i'd rather have the diamonds.

Again it totally depends on what bag and what diamonds you are talking about. I love bags that aren't well known so they aren't easy to sell on, then again I don't buy them to sell to others! Diamonds - well again it depends on what you get and how/where you intend to sell it I guess.
There's always Diamonique!
I think my mom would agree with you as she has 2 Coach bags that i've never seen any place else. they were the the only ones available total at the macys they were purchased at. we checked other macys & stores in the area and never saw another one. not even online

Ohmigod! That's a tough choice!!! I'd say it depends on the bag- if it's an H bag, it will INCREASE in value, so I'd get that in lieu of diamonds. Otherwise, go with diamonds... much better financial decision.

Diamonds definitely. My boyfriend refuses to buy me a handbag because he believes he can spend the same amount on a good piece of jewlery and it will never go out of style (mlinky u and him think alike), and most importantly the the value will not depriciate as much as the value of a handbag does.

I would go with the handbag. Most of my jewelry (not saying I own a lot) was bought by family, friends or BFs so they all had some sort of meaning/backstory. I feel strange buying myself some serious bling.