OLD vs NEW: let's compare and contrast

Nov 1, 2005
I wanted to make a post and compare the new bleeker to the old duffle sac. For me, the duffle sac was THE bag to have when I was growing up...everyone had them...they were the first faked style I had ever seen; I remember they were for sale on every corner in DC back in the 90s.

The main reason i wanted the bleeker was because it took me back to those days...I feel old when i say it, but those were the good old days, LOL. I know some people think COACH can't think of anything new but i think it's the perfect idea...everything comes back around...what's old will become new again, so COACH doing this has been the greatest thing ever.

So here are some pictures with my OLD
(and definitely LOVED & USED) duffle sac in British Tan, and my lovely NEW Bleeker duffle in Ink.

here's the bleeker on:
bleekeron-1.jpg

bleeker & duffle sac side-by-side (empty):
oldnew1.jpg

bleeker & duffle sac hanging:
oldnew2.jpg

bleeker on:
oldnew3.jpg

duffle sac on:
oldnew4.jpg

side-by-side:
oldnew5.jpg

both on together:
oldnew6.jpg

Wow! I love those two together, and it's just a versatile, classic style...

I think all the best designs end up coming back again; you're right about that. Enjoy!

That's so cool! And look how gorgeous your older bag is! The only thing I like better about the new one is the dogleash clip on the strap. They are both beautiful bags, the leather is awesome!

I wanted to make a post and compare the new bleeker to the old duffle sac. For me, the duffle sac was THE bag to have when I was growing up...everyone had them...they were the first faked style I had ever seen; I remember they were for sale on every corner in DC back in the 90s.

I remember those days.....everyone had one of the duffles or the one with the flap (don't know the older style names right off)....

And I love how they're reinventing the older styles. This just goes to show that Coach truly is classic and modern at the same time.

I remember staring at those catalogs forever!!!!! The two most visual differences is the lining and modern hardware and seams. Since you have both, how does the feel and "weight" of the leather compare?

Yay! I love this, I had a woman who was so excited about the bleeker because of her true love of the duffle sac.

This also goes to say for the new ali flap and the stewardess bag!

I remember staring at those catalogs forever!!!!! The two most visual differences is the lining and modern hardware and seams. Since you have both, how does the feel and "weight" of the leather compare?

The feel is different because the bleeker is brand new. However, I know when i break it in and it softens over time it will feel just as good as my old duffle. My Carly feels that way now, actually!

But weight-wise, it is perfect. It's not heavy at all, and the hardware on the bag is barely noticeable. It is a very light-weight bag to me...Even though my Carly is broken in, it definitely has a heavier feel than this new Bleeker does.

Yay! I love this, I had a woman who was so excited about the bleeker because of her true love of the duffle sac.

Exactly, Sprinkles!! That's why I wanted this bag!!

That's the large, right? It comes in a smaller size too? I like it but don't know that I'd need one in that size so I hope there's a smaller one. Darn, I hope I qualify for PCE! LOL!