Sophie strap problem

aka*kirara

more more MORE!
Aug 7, 2007
I have just received my Sophie on Friday and i absolutely adore this little bag!~ but there is a little problem~ the shoulder strap is way too long for me!~ does anybody else have this problem? i'm kinda small at 160cm~ and when i attach the bag to the strap it hangs below my bum! and it looks really bad!! :crybaby:
i don't want to not use the strap as i love wearing bags across my body (i do that with pochettes also)~ and the Sophie is meant to be worn across the body with the gold chain hanging right?
As my Sophie is a damier~ i just cannot use the untreated cowhide strap from my other pochette~ it will look so weird!
so my conclusion is~ i will have to get the strap shortened~ they would be able to do it at the boutique right? and would you ladies know how much they would charge if they can do it?

I have posted a few days ago about the same problem. After having to deal with a couple of incompetent SAs, as I visited a different boutique and not the one I frequent. I made a trip to another and found a short adjustable strap. It is $185, pretty steep, but worth it as I use it on my damier sophie and pochette.

I have posted a few days ago about the same problem. After having to deal with a couple of incompetent SAs, as I visited a different boutique and not the one I frequent. I made a trip to another and found a short adjustable strap. It is $185, pretty steep, but worth it as I use it on my damier sophie and pochette.

thanks Luv Classics~ so that means i might have to get a whole new strap altogether :crybaby:

Yes, unfortunately.... I initially made a knot on the strap it came with to make it shorter. It fit perfectly; however, it looked pretty tacky! I could not justify spending another $200 for a strap! But then again, I love the damier sophie sooo much that I couldn't bear keeping her tucked away, so I gave in...:shame:

Yes, unfortunately.... I initially made a knot on the strap it came with to make it shorter. It fit perfectly; however, it looked pretty tacky! I could not justify spending another $200 for a strap! But then again, I love the damier sophie sooo much that I couldn't bear keeping her tucked away, so I gave in...:shame:

oh no :Push: i can totally understand loving the sophie (staring at it lovingly right now) ~ but like you said~ i cannot justify spending another $230, in my case, on another strap! i've already paid more than retail and pricey postage to have it shipped to australia! wats a girl to do!!! :crybaby:

so my conclusion is~ i will have to get the strap shortened~ they would be able to do it at the boutique right? and would you ladies know how much they would charge if they can do it?

Unfortunately LV will not make custom repairs. :tdown:

I think your best bet would be getting a new strap.

Is there a way to maybe double it up somehow? I have the same problem with a lot of items, I hate being short sometimes!

Is there a way to maybe double it up somehow? I have the same problem with a lot of items, I hate being short sometimes!

i dunno :confused1: i was thinking of maybe looping it thru the hole where the end of the zip is and then i figured i won't be able to zip up the bag~ so i'm still thinking....

and sea0fyears just mentioned LV dun do any custom repairs so thats not helping either :Push:

i guess i'll still try my luck at the boutique~ if that doesn't work then i'll just have to go to a leather repairer to get it shortened~ :crybaby:

P.S. i hate being short too!! and small for that matter~ everything just seems long for me!