Holy cow! Rebecca Minkoff herself just emailed me back

Hello!Indeed those our both my bags as we constantly are finding differnet linings and having different ones in many batches of bags.The difference in the colors is soley based on when the bags were made. Say I bought a lot of leather in May and had the bag made and then bought another lot in June and then had more of the same bags made, the lot of leather is not going to be 100% at all times be controlled. This is due to the cows, the weather and how long they might have set the leather in the sun to "sunbathe". Mostly colors are very similar and subtle changes are not noticable. Also it may be that one of these stores had the bag in the store window or near the sun and this changed the color of the bag, as that happens just like when we lay out it changes it. In order to prevent this, always put your bag in a dustbag when not in use and keep it out of the sun!:smile:Hope that helps!Best,Rebecca Minkoff

^^ That's so sweet & I'm sure she was really flattered! I have actually had the pleasure of speaking to her on the phone (last season she was having a sample sale at "Milk" in LA... I called the store with a question and they just put me on with her). I was so surprised and soooo pleased with her down to earth personality!

I saw one of her bags in Nordstrom- a bowler type, in grey, whiskey and green. Gorgeous! Do you think she is going to be one the Hot ,up and coming designers like marc jacobs or chloe? Do you think her bags will hold their value in case we ever want to sell our preowned bags on ebay?
I was very impressed with the prices, compared to other bags.
Are we going to have a thread for Rebecca Minkoff Bags???