Does anyone elses cat do this?

smp

Jul 12, 2007
During the day my cat is the most placid, lazy thing. All he does is sleep. But as soon as i go to bed and the lights go off he runs around like a chook with his head cut off - crashing into things, sprinting from one end of the house to the other, knocking vases over, jumping on my bed and being noisy. I think he is nocturnal :P is anyone elses cat like this?

Also, i was just wondering if anyone knew if 'human' milk (as the milk humans drink, not breast milk lol) is bad for cats. Do you need to buy special milk for them or is it fine?

Our cats do a similar thing sometimes, I think they enjoy having the house to themselves so have a good run round!

As for the milk thing, as far as I know cats are lactose intolerant. I don't think the occasional bit of cows milk would be a problem but if they have milk a lot you should really buy the stuff made for cats

My cats do the same thing. It drives me crazy. 'Human' milk is not good for cats (dogs also) but a small amount won't hurt them. My cats love a little bit of chocolate milk every morning :lol:

Cats are nocturnal, so that explains the craziness at night. When our cats get like that we say they are in "hyperkitty" mode.

Cow milk is not good for cats and some react worse than others. A small amount usually doesn't seem to hurt. I have also bought a product sold at pet stores called catsip milk which is totally fine for them.

During the day my cat is the most placid, lazy thing. All he does is sleep. But as soon as i go to bed and the lights go off he runs around like a chook with his head cut off - crashing into things, sprinting from one end of the house to the other, knocking vases over, jumping on my bed and being noisy. I think he is nocturnal :P is anyone elses cat like this?

OMG! Yes! Yes! Yes! I thought it was just my cat! :lol: He takes off running and bounces on my bed and leaps to the top of the bed to the top of the dresser :roflmfao: Sometimes we'll be asleep and it'll scare us half to death.

haha im glad to know it is not just my cat. I thought maybe he had add!
Thanks for responses about cat milk too, i think i will go and buy the special kind for him :biggrin:

YUP! Mine is 12 yrs old, but she still goes into hyperdrive right around 11pm. She's a BIG cat, so she makes clomping sounds when she runs down the hallway on the hardwood floors. She sounds like an evil puppet running up and down the hallway. :shocked:

My cat does this between 3:30am and 5:30am. And he recently added humping my leg to his crazy cat repertoire!!! *clutching pearls* I feel so violated...

LOL I swear, I don't understand why people invented having cats as pets. LOL.

We buy lactaid milk for our cat. I'm lactose intolerant too!

Yes! Totally. Cats aren't necessarily nocturnal, but they're what's called "crepuscular," which means they are most active at dawn and dusk. I think that word is a lot more common in other romance languages like French and Spanish...

My kitty will fall asleep with me and then get up around 3am-5am wanting to play. She runs around and goes crazy just like your kitties!

Mine too!!! It's sooooo funny! They usually do it as soon as everyone goes to bed, and again right around sun-rise. They just seem to get so excited about the start of a new day...and breakfast:smile:

Also, i was just wondering if anyone knew if 'human' milk (as the milk humans drink, not breast milk lol) is bad for cats. Do you need to buy special milk for them or is it fine?
Milk is bad for cats as it contains calcium which they are unable to digest.
However, you can give a cat a drop of cream which contains no calcium.
My old cat loved cream and I bought a small carton every week just for him!