Another one losing the love for Balenciaga!

I still love bbags, but the wear they show in a short amount of time is shocking to me. I have been wearing my VG GH Day constantly for a few weeks, and to me it looks like it has about a year's worth of wear on the top half already. It's faded significantly at the top, the shine has completely worn off on parts of the top, and the color in general has faded in areas of the bag as well. The bottom half of the bag, however, still looks pristine--very shiny, no scuffs, and darker than the rest of the bag. Obviously, most of the wear is up top where there is friction against my body or where I grab it to open it to get things out. Overall the bag still looks great, but when you look at it closely you can see these things.

Reactions: traveler727
I am sorry to hear that you are losing the love. Bbags are delicate because the leather is so soft and luscious we cannot help but feel the need to baby it. I love my white BBag and on the first day of use my DH splattered some sauce on it :cursing: then on the second time out, some idiot was holding their pen and left a pen make on my bag :cursing: and then as if things are not bad enough ... some color off my denim got on the bag after the constant rubbing against my body :sad:. The first incident made me cry. I was infuriated the second time but by the third time I have already accepted the fact that my Bbag will not stay pure and perfect forever. With my other bags, it seems like the leather does get scratched easily... especially my Aqua city... I simply ran my nail against by accident and it left a mark :wtf: But I guess all the marks on th leather just adds to the distressed look. The fraying and scratches .... I can accept because it makes it look vintage and I love the way Bbags look broken in... as long as the bag does not fall apart, I think I will forever love my Bbags. And I think that leather is meant to change through time... just like how our skin changes as we mature.

Thinking about it over a period since 2001, I love the bags for the amazing array of colors and just accept the trade-offs that will follow over time. I can just say it is worth it to me even though I know, for example, that my BG bag will not "live" forever. They are certainly not free or inexpensive, but still cost a lot less than other brands I buy and with which I have more delicacy and quality issues. The exception is the Paddy, which is forever! I'm one of those who thought quality was better overall pre-2006, but the downside then was inability to get a bag at all! I buy new B bags now because there have been some great colors, quality is up from 2006, and the new hardwares and styles have gotten my interest. When I get bored with them I just start carrying something else.

I'm just going to chime in again too.....having been used to carrying LV for the past year (which yes, you have to baby them despite it being canvas...the whole vachetta thing) I don't have a problem babying my bags!!! I have some Coach bags I use as my knock-around beat-up bag (for football games, concerts, etc.)!
IDK...I guess for $1000+ I don't mind babying them....just like I'd baby a brand new car!

I agree... Balenciaga bags have to be treated with a lot of TLC. I have owned and own other top designer bags and they hold up a lot better and longer than Balenciaga but I LOVE Balenciaga so much and can't stop. I do really think for the $$$ Balenciaga should fix some problems with their bags...JMO

Hi ladies...first time posting in the B-Bag section, but I peruse it often. :smile:I'm glad I saw this thread.

I have one designer bag...an LV. I am itching to get my hands on a B-bag...I just think they're gorgeous. I'm hoping I can get one for Christmas!

Aww...I'm nervous about hearing about the care they require. I try to take care of my bags, but I have to say I probably don't baby them. I carry my lv everyday and that alone, isn't the easiest on it.

I'm hoping if I get a b-bag, I can wear my lv during the winter months and the B the other seasons. So, that means around 6 months of constant wear. What do ya think? Is that a recipe for disaster? Or, do you think it'd be okay?

I'm sorry your bbags have gotten messed up in such a short time :sad:

I've actually been really lucky with my bbags. I'm pretty careful with them, but not obsessively, and they've all held up REALLY well. My Vert D'eau basically looks brand new, which is amazing considering it's a pretty light color. My Sandstone also looks perfect minus some scuffing, but it's not noticable unless you search for it.

The thing that makes me the most paranoid is darkening of the handles/strap. I've treated all my bbags with "handles only", though and so far they're holding up really well...no darkening at all. Granted I mostly carry them using the shoulder strap. I don't think I'd ever buy anymore pale/light colors, though. I want a black bbag...but after that I think I'm done. I notice I don't use my Vert D'eau as much as the other two b/c I do need to be more careful with it, and I just don't have the patience.

i've gotta say i don't really notice my bbags getting that worn. the most that ever happens is the corners may scuff a bit. but as for fading i haven't noticed that happening. i guess maybe i really baby my bags? i don't know. is it because i rotate mine often? could be.

ITA with fayden:yes:

My oldest Bbags is my 2nd season FBF,which I've had for 5 years and I've used it A LOT. It still looks like how it looked when I first got her, and I don't notice any signs of wear. Same goes for most of my bags.

I'm careful with my bags, and I rotate often(except for the FB. Back in when I got it, that's all I used for a year or so). Except for light colored ones, the most that ever happens is lightly scuffed corners.

Yep, She's a free-range bunny:P She's the only animal I live with, so she can roam around all she wants....

I must say, I'm more attached to this bunny more than I've ever been with an animal(and I'm a dog person!!)....she's just a bundle of joy:heart:

She's so well-behaved, cuddly, and lovable!!! Unlike many rabbits I've know, she comes to sit on my lap, she follows me around everywhere.....:cutesy:

Here's another picture of her...

IMG_0676.jpg

BTW, I adore the gorgy chihuahua of yours:heart: