CHAT about Balenciaga Finds

I agree, a skewed angle has thrown me off many times and I understand the need for straight on photos. I'm just looking at the plate on the bleu mineral and for the life of me I don't see what's off about it. The fonts are identical. The letters and numbers are spaced and line up exactly as they do in the authentic tag. The position of the "No." in relation to the "C" above it, the position of the "J" in relation to the "A" above it. What faker have we ever seen that nails the metal plate details this well? The black thread up top so frequently doesn't look black that I rarely use that as an instant marker of fakeness. Otherwise to me the tag looks fine, yet to many it immediately looks off, and it's driving me crazy that I don't see it. I can't imagine that "off" only means the photo was taken at an angle, when the angle distortion here is minimal.
I'm going to take a better look when I have a minute but we need better pics!

I'm going to take a better look when I have a minute but we need better pics!
Agreed. This wasn't posted by @houseof999 for authentication but to ID the color. Which was then questioned as fake. houseof999 was understandably squeamish about the seller claiming to perform "color touch-up, coloring, cleaning, and maintenance" before shipping.

There are several seller accounts out of Singapore and Hong Kong that say this in their listing. What they really mean is "we painted the crap out of the entirety of this bag even before we photographed it, to make it look super juicy in the photos, but we don't disclose that. If you notice the leather is stiff as a board or the color is off when you get the bag, we'll remind you that we disclosed the touch ups."

Color is S/S 2013 Bleu Mineral.

I noticed they have that disclaimer on all the listings I have seen from them. If purchasing I would definitely chat with them to get more details or ask they leave the bag alone.
I've asked one of these color touch up goons before. They waited 3 weeks to answer and straight up lied. Immediately when they claimed no painting, someone snapped up the bag at full price, having been comforted that the bag wasn't painted. Then her purchase got cancelled. Then the buyer complained several times about why her purchase got cancelled. No response. Then totally randomly, another "touch-up" seller comments with condolences to the seller. Whereupon the buyer who had been complaining about the cancelled sale apologized to the seller because she didn't know of the terrible thing that happened to seller. Then the listing got removed.

The whole thing was a three-ring circus/soap opera that I got dragged into with multiple notifications because I'd asked the first question about painting. I won't go near these unscrupulous touch up sellers on principle alone.

Agreed. This wasn't posted by @houseof999 for authentication but to ID the color. Which was then questioned as fake. houseof999 was understandably squeamish about the seller claiming to perform "color touch-up, coloring, cleaning, and maintenance" before shipping.

There are several seller accounts out of Singapore and Hong Kong that say this in their listing. What they really mean is "we painted the crap out of the entirety of this bag even before we photographed it, to make it look super juicy in the photos, but we don't disclose that. If you notice the leather is stiff as a board or the color is off when you get the bag, we'll remind you that we disclosed the touch ups."
I took another look at the tag. Connie and I chatted and I think that the concerns she had could be because of the angle the photo was taken. But I'd want better pics to be sure.

Ugh so shady. I feel bad for all the bags they are "touching up".

Reactions: whateve and haisley
I took another look at the tag. Connie and I chatted and I think that the concerns she had could be because of the angle the photo was taken. But I'd want better pics to be sure.
As I just finished ranting in my above post, to hell with this seller all around. I do believe this particular Bleu Mineral has been dipped in a vat of (slightly metallic) blue paint.

I've asked one of these color touch up goons before. They waited 3 weeks to answer and straight up lied. Immediately when they claimed no painting, someone snapped up the bag at full price, having been comforted that the bag wasn't painted. Then her purchase got cancelled. Then the buyer complained several times about why her purchase got cancelled. No response. Then totally randomly, another "touch-up" seller comments with condolences to the seller. Whereupon the buyer who had been complaining about the cancelled sale apologized to the seller because she didn't know of the terrible thing that happened to seller. Then the listing got removed.

The whole thing was a three-ring circus/soap opera that I got dragged into with multiple notifications because I'd asked the first question about painting. I won't go near these unscrupulous touch up sellers on principle alone.
I should add that this whole sordid affair was over a Nuage city, which y'all know I'd been desperately searching for years.

As I just finished ranting in my above post, to hell with this seller all around. I do believe this particular Bleu Mineral has been dipped in a vat of (slightly metallic) blue paint.
I was browsing Vestiare for a brown work/weekender and saw the most beautiful brown work, but it did have a very stiff look, almost like it was calfskin. It was also from Singapore :sad:

I was too scared to condition my bag myself and was going to send it somewhere, but I’m worried they will touch up the corners and handles. I kind of like the worn look, I’m more concerned about preventative maintenance, not a paint job lol

Reactions: houseof999

I also love this chocolate brown, I just wish there were clearer pictures of the corners. I messaged the seller, one thing I don’t like are corners that are tearing open

Reactions: houseof999

I also love this chocolate brown, I just wish there were clearer pictures of the corners. I messaged the seller, one thing I don’t like are corners that are tearing open
Color should be 07 Cafe. Top and bottom corners look rubbed, handles too. This would bother me personally with this color. I can't see holes or tears in the pics, but asking for more might be good. I think the price is too high for the bag's condition. Just my opinion.

This would need to go to Rago Brothers and you’d have a wonderful bag.
But something ( I don’t know how much) needs to be cut off the price of the bag to cover the repairs.

Reactions: discreetlux
Color should be 07 Cafe. Top and bottom corners look rubbed, handles too. This would bother me personally with this color. I can't see holes or tears in the pics, but asking for more might be good. I think the price is too high for the bag's condition. Just my opinion.
Yeah I agree, I do like that she is the original owner, but the corner rubbing is definitely an eyesore -_-

Next to green I love brown, I’m so jealous of Vesna’s RealReal score

Reactions: earswithfeet
This would need to go to Rago Brothers and you’d have a wonderful bag.
But something ( I don’t know how much) needs to be cut off the price of the bag to cover the repairs.

I’m going to see if she sends some pictures! I was going to use Rago Brothers for a Chanel, I have heard they do great work.

Reactions: Deco