Scarves Scarf of The Day 2024 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Thank you, CedarWaxWing, I hope you acquire it someday soon! I liked all the cws of this design when it was issued. Yes, that pink Cosmo was refreshing, sitting in that beautiful space surrounded by windows overlooking Independence abd Washington Square Parks. A perfect afternoon stop after walking all over the place.
View attachment 5990197
The restaurant is located in the magnificent Curtis Publishing Company building which houses a most spectacular artwork by Maxfield Parrish, The Dream Garden, a huge mosaic mural made of over 100,000 pieces of fevrile glass set by Tiffany Studios.

View attachment 5990194View attachment 5990195
Wow. This is just spectacular. Thank you for sharing it!

• Love
Reactions: Karenska
It’s cold and wet here in the Pacific Northwest. CSGM weather.

F5967F1B-7CDA-456B-B4E7-2DEEEC1F887D.jpeg
We’ve had Debussy already this week and in this tie I briefly considered Holst’s The Planets series. Saturn would probably best suit the ringed planet featured here, but it’s a little somber. Mercury, then, the winged Roman version of Hermes? This movement is definitely more lively, but not fitting my mood today.
Instead, I’m taking a little detour to 1999 for Toploader and Dancing in the Moonlight. Written in 1970 by Sherman Kelly and a hit for King Harvey in 1973, the reissued version by Toploader went platinum in the UK. Surprisingly true to the King Harvest version!

Good morning and wishing you all mysterious music today!

Mystère au 24
View attachment 5990210

Love your Mystery Music, @LKBNOLA! I am a regular watcher of PBS and I love those little openings, but haven't seen the long version in a very long time! Perfectly matched theme with your scarf - and we are twins on this cw - which looks AMAZING on you. And I would be remiss to not applaud again your tying skills, which include the display of that very cute black cat. FAB FAB FAB!

@Karenska - I hope you had a fabulous birthday and I'm enjoying your trip photos, thank you for sharing them with us!

The scarves I've worn so far this week and clearly not too creative with the knotting. :rolleyes:

Giverny
View attachment 5990208

Marine Naive (@LKBNOLA enabled me with her beautiful one)

View attachment 5990209

I can only think of a song for Marine Naive. Christopher Cross' "Sailing", one of my favourites/one song my mom had on repeat quite a lot!

OOOOOOOHHHH! I need to know more about this Marine Naïve design by Dumas. I see that it was issued in 1967 and then again in 1992. I would love to see that flat, @mktlim, if you are at all inclined!

OOOOOOOHHHH! I need to know more about this Marine Naïve design by Dumas. I see that it was issued in 1967 and then again in 1992. I would love to see that flat, @mktlim, if you are at all inclined!

@CedarWaxWing Happy to enable 😄 the last one is from the listing, I don't have a flat surface big enough for a full flat shot.

IMG_6538.jpeg
IMG_6537.jpegIMG_6536.jpeg

Good morning!
My scarf today makes me think of sunrise…
View attachment 5990304
View attachment 5990303
and one song in particular

Mythiques Phoenix
View attachment 5990305

(I struggle to sleep on planes, so I see the sunrises… and sing this quietly to myself. I also ‘hoot’ quietly once in a while :giggle:)

So pretty! Love the soothing colors.

Dropping by super quick with SOYD Carnaval des Animaux.

View attachment 5990419

You are just radiant in this!

Reactions: bunnycat
Meanwhile, it’s still waaay too chilly for almost May so I’m somewhat bundled up in my L’Ombrelle Magique CSGM. The Hollies’ Bus Stop

And for the younger scarfies, I would have posted Rihanna’s Umbrella but it’s not one of my favorites of hers; just sayin’, I’m old but I listen :lol:

"I’m old but I listen :lol: "-- this cracked me up @textilegirl. Ditto. Love your CSGM, too. Why is it still so cold? On Cape Cod Bay we had cold winds and mid-forties...
Good morning!
My scarf today makes me think of sunrise…
View attachment 5990304
View attachment 5990303
and one song in particular

Mythiques Phoenix
View attachment 5990305

(I struggle to sleep on planes, so I see the sunrises… and sing this quietly to myself. I also ‘hoot’ quietly once in a while :giggle:)
This scarf is the perfect rendition of a sunrise @Cookiefiend! I don't sleep on flights either...but it makes for some wonderful quiet moments of delight up there amid the "tumult of the clouds"...
Hi all. Thanks for the sweet comments about my rehab efforts and Jaguar et Colibri. :flowers:
Running out in my most recent acquisition (off-topic), Les Sulfures.View attachment 5990312
Congratulations @Awillow-- what a lovely and unusual color-- it suits you perfectly!
aaahhhhhh.... the peacefulness of these colors... :love:
Thank you @Cookiefiend! I like the contrast between the serene colorway and the wackiness of the scene!
I love the green one that reminds me on a Monet painting. What is the the name of design? Beautiful!
Thank you @Spencer007-- I think you are referring to Eleftheria by Elias Kafouros, a 140 GS. It is beautiful in the brushwork and very impressionistic in style!
Today is Hermès Story… I’m not coming up with a song to relate to this one but god in heaven do I love this scarf.

View attachment 5990395
So nice to see her back and on your neck as beautiful as ever @Jereni!
Thanks. Action shot at the ballgame.

View attachment 5990397
Cutie Patootie @Redbirdhermes-- looks like you are both having a great tme...
Dropping by super quick with SOYD Carnaval des Animaux.

View attachment 5990419
This cw is wonderful on you @bunnycat!
Most video games have their own music. I’m old enough that MY games were Space Invaders and Pac-Man. But everyone may have their own. Sharing Super Silk Quest, and everyone can fill in your own favorite gaming soundtrack.
Twins @piperdog-- this ties like a dream and so versatile...
It’s cold and wet here in the Pacific Northwest. CSGM weather.

View attachment 5990457
We’ve had Debussy already this week and in this tie I briefly considered Holst’s The Planets series. Saturn would probably best suit the ringed planet featured here, but it’s a little somber. Mercury, then, the winged Roman version of Hermes? This movement is definitely more lively, but not fitting my mood today.
Instead, I’m taking a little detour to 1999 for Toploader and Dancing in the Moonlight. Written in 1970 by Sherman Kelly and a hit for King Harvey in 1973, the reissued version by Toploader went platinum in the UK. Surprisingly true to the King Harvest version!
The shawl is stunning @Lellabelle but so is this beautiful mod shot and your magnificent hair!
Love your Mystery Music, @LKBNOLA! I am a regular watcher of PBS and I love those little openings, but haven't seen the long version in a very long time! Perfectly matched theme with your scarf - and we are twins on this cw - which looks AMAZING on you. And I would be remiss to not applaud again your tying skills, which include the display of that very cute black cat. FAB FAB FAB!
Thank you @CedarWaxWing -- I know we are often drawn to the same designs and colors! My only hard and fast rule for this one was the cat had to be black... :winkiss:
@CedarWaxWing Happy to enable 😄 the last one is from the listing, I don't have a flat surface big enough for a full flat shot.

View attachment 5990511
View attachment 5990512View attachment 5990513
For @CedarWaxWing and with thanks to @mktlim for the flat photo of her wonderful cw, I am sharing a link to my post of last September which includes some more info about this compelling design and a link to some really cool TPF detective work which resulted n a positive identification of the Henry Smith, Sailor, who is the subtitle of "Marine Naïve." I fell down that rabbit hole and found the whole story fascinating! (post #13535)

Last edited: