Maintaining a H relationship

Please focus on the title of this thread rather than each other, TY

If you find it very hard to ignore certain people, please feel free in adding them to your 'Ignore' list.

For advice on how to obtain a B/K/C please go to the reading room in the Reading Room The Newbie's HOW DO I GET A BIRKIN (or other bag) Reading Room

For advice on how to shop at your local store please do a search in Hermes Shopping sub-forum and look for your store/region/country.

Reactions: Etriers and S62708
I have to add a bit about refusing an offer. I refused the first 2 QBs I was offered in 2018 because both times I was not in a financial position to purchase them. I was newer to H when I was asked to make a wishlist and honestly had no expectations to actually get an offer. I continued to shop but Covid obviously changed the frequency with which I was getting face time with my SA. And then she moved stores. I started with a new SA last year and then talked to her about my wishlist (for which there was no historical info but I did tell her openly why I had declined before). Some time later I was offered a QB and accepted. I’m certain my history with the boutique helped but honestly didn’t know if my past refusal would negatively impact me. That was not the case. I get people may not want to wait as long as I did but I’m grateful that the timing worked out for me. And I’ve only purchased things that I really want.

I will second that social media is slanted to give the impression that there are tricks to the game. And certainly there are probably situations where that works but that’s the exception, not the norm. I think consistency, patience, and kindness are more important than anything else. And certainly the reseller route remains an option.

I received my first QB offer (mini K) from my SA in January. I have two other bags on my wishlist that I added last year. I want to update my wishlist to provide more specifics (colors) and add a b25 to my wishlist. Would it be too soon to bring up wishlist update since I just received an QB. Should I wait until my SA asks?

Also how many bags do you usually have on your wishlist? Is having 2 qb and 2 nqb on wishlist too many?

I received my first QB offer (mini K) from my SA in January. I have two other bags on my wishlist that I added last year. I want to update my wishlist to provide more specifics (colors) and add a b25 to my wishlist. Would it be too soon to bring up wishlist update since I just received an QB. Should I wait until my SA asks?

Also how many bags do you usually have on your wishlist? Is having 2 qb and 2 nqb on wishlist too many?
I’d wait until the SA brings it up or until you’ve spent at least $10k non leather since the last bag. As for the wishlist, it doesn’t have to be some big formal thing. “B25 in a neutral color, k20 in a pop color, and any Constance 18” is a perfectly fine list, for example.

No one cares if you refuse an iconic bag that you didn't ask for. Someone will always be happy to take it.

SAs DO care if you've been bugging for "any mini Kelly at all in any color" for a year and then you say no to black with GHW which they've already gotten approved for you, because you suddenly decided you don't want black. They care even more if you've been pleading for, say, a Rose Sakura B25, and that comes in and is approved and held for you, and you refuse.

Like any salesperson anywhere, (or really, anyone) - it's about how much effort was put in on your behalf, and how you treated that effort.

When was your last time shopping with your SA since you got the mini K? I think you should chat with your SA and bring it up more organically.

It depends on individual cases, but here's my experience: I got my K42 earlier this month for my birthday; When I picked it up that day, my SA asked if I am interested in BBB35 (black box Birkin 35) as a next QB for me. I told her I would definitely be interested in that QB but I would think more. (I hesitated it a bit because I need to get other QBs for my mom and sister, and my SA knows this. By the way, my SA catches my tastes/style so well now that BBB35 is like the perfect one for me.) So, my SA understood and gave me some good options later this month, including the special order offer. She suggested that I can put an HSS order (for my sister) now which will likely come next year, but I can still get my B35 later this year, which is basically a win-win strategy.

As for the wishlist, I would not list 4 bags (regardless of quota). I would list 1 bag at a time, so that your SA can focus on that exact bag you really want. When that bag comes to you, your SA may even ask you about the next one you want. So, I usually list one at a time (rotating myself, my sister, and my mom), but I am done with mine once I get a B35. :smile: (ETA: I am not a bag collector or obsessed with shopping in H; I just wanted 1 Kelly and 1 Birkin bags influenced by my sister. Ha!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pro tip #1: don't believe these videos

100% agree with this in general, but this girl wasnt one of those flashy kylie jenner types but a very understated elegant type. She said she got it when she walked into the FSH store after having no luck w the lottery and asked if there were cancellations. The SA looked her up and down and clocked that she was carrying a neutral tone kelly and then proceeded to ask her what her ideal bag was. Then brought her up to the second floor and she was offered a kelly 28 in epsom etoupe iirc. Is it that you dont need a prespend at FSH? But it sounded like she just looked the part, was carrying a kelly and the SA deemed her “worthy”.

100% agree with this in general, but this girl wasnt one of those flashy kylie jenner types but a very understated elegant type. She said she got it when she walked into the FSH store after having no luck w the lottery and asked if there were cancellations. The SA looked her up and down and clocked that she was carrying a neutral tone kelly and then proceeded to ask her what her ideal bag was. Then brought her up to the second floor and she was offered a kelly 28 in epsom etoupe iirc. Is it that you dont need a prespend at FSH? But it sounded like she just looked the part, was carrying a kelly and the SA deemed her “worthy”.
Eh that’s just a Paris thing. Nothing too shocking there. Typically though if you dig a little deeper you’ll uncover the lies that some of these people even convince themselves of. I remember one time someone revealed a bag and said it was with no prespend. Immediately other commenters were like “uhh we saw your post of a new H diamond watch last month?” And then the OP responded that they did buy that watch from their SA last month but they had wanted it for a long time and really truly love it so they don’t count it as prespend… best to just always take everything with a grain of salt and try not to compare, as hard as that is.

Last edited:
No one cares if you refuse an iconic bag that you didn't ask for. Someone will always be happy to take it.

SAs DO care if you've been bugging for "any mini Kelly at all in any color" for a year and then you say no to black with GHW which they've already gotten approved for you, because you suddenly decided you don't want black. They care even more if you've been pleading for, say, a Rose Sakura B25, and that comes in and is approved and held for you, and you refuse.

Like any salesperson anywhere, (or really, anyone) - it's about how much effort was put in on your behalf, and how you treated that effort.

This was my experience with my first SA. Far from our first QB purchased from her, but my wife asked for an etain Kelly with GHW which was rare for the store as they almost always ordered PHW with etain. Perfect bag comes in and we got the call. We planned on going in the following week to pick it up. Some significant unexpected costs happened in that week so we stopped in and said we couldn’t do it. I could tell our SA was upset. Had nothing to do with ability to sell the bag (I’m sure it sold the same day we declined) but more so the effort on her part. She quickly got over it, and sold us a bunch more bags before she left H, but that was the only time it was clear she got upset.

Definitely something I think about...last year I declined seven or eight offers. Most were of bags that were not on my wishlist at all (MK, Birkin three in one, Birkin en desordre) but some were in line with my items on my list (a B30 in etoupe that was too similar to my gold B30 and a couple of B30 touches that were very similar in color to other bags in my collection) and yet I declined. I had good reasons to decline which I explained to my SA and with which she agreed, but I still worry a bit. When I saw her on Friday, she commented on how hard it is to find a bag for me and we refined my wishlist together. Fingers crossed.
Yeah, I would imagine if you are being offered something too similar to your existing collection that justifies why may be interested in something else.

I just remembered that my SA once referenced one of her other clients who declined a bag because the bag was offered too soon for the special occasion/milestone. I was looking for a QB to mark a milestone sometime in the future hence this convo unfolded. I inferred that you are expected to "accept" a QB offer once it surfaces.

If you have a specific wish, it’s fine to be specific (but make sure the item is in production and has been ordered by the store) and wait. I am always very, very specific. I’ve had some unexpected offers of items I didn’t ask for but I have never put anything on my wishlist that I wasn’t prepared to happily buy.
For my current (and the only one) wishlist I put specific neutrals as my first and second preference (gold, noir) and then just "grey" for my third preference. I tried to emphasize that though I would love to get a bag with GHW, I would prefer a gold K with PHW over a Noir K with GHW. Hope this does not complicate things.

Eh that’s just a Paris thing. Nothing too shocking there. Typically though if you dig a little deeper you’ll uncover the lies that some of these people even convince themselves of. I remember one time someone revealed a bag and said it was with no prespend. Immediately other commenters were like “uhh we saw your post of a new H diamond watch last month?” And then the OP responded that they did buy that watch from their SA last month but they had wanted it for a long time and really truly love it so they don’t count it as prespend… best to just always take everything with a grain of salt and try not to compare, as hard as that is.
Gosh, once people start thinking it only counts as pre-spend if they’ve bought something they DON’T want, we know things are really out of control! :shocked:

Hi everyone! I'd love your insight and perspective : I recently switched stores and SA's. I've made some small purchases (leather accessories, belt, scarves) with my new SA and we have a nice rapport. The new store and SA is out of my home state so with that being said, would love to hear your advice on how to maintain the relationship remotely. I've also already shared a wishlist and SA was very responsive and overall positive about receiving it. I'm not expecting anything off the wishlist anytime soon as I know this is a process. Would love any and all feedback. Thank you! (I should also add that I have a long purchase history which I know doesn't carry over but does show my loyalty).

Hi everyone! I'd love your insight and perspective : I recently switched stores and SA's. I've made some small purchases (leather accessories, belt, scarves) with my new SA and we have a nice rapport. The new store and SA is out of my home state so with that being said, would love to hear your advice on how to maintain the relationship remotely. I've also already shared a wishlist and SA was very responsive and overall positive about receiving it. I'm not expecting anything off the wishlist anytime soon as I know this is a process. Would love any and all feedback. Thank you! (I should also add that I have a long purchase history which I know doesn't carry over but does show my loyalty).
I assume you’ve stopped all shopping/spending with the original store? If not, do so immediately. Otherwise, just be loyal to your new SA. If you think of something or see something you want to purchase, concisely text your new SA and ask for it. They probably cannot ship any leather goods to you so keep a list of those handy for when you visit in person. Try to visit at least twice a year and make a few phone transactions in between. Don’t bother your SA remotely for “maybe” items, only items you are sure you want and sure you know your size for. Save items you need to try on first for in person visits. Be patient as response times and shipping times might not line up with the immediate satisfaction we get from stores like Amazon.

The new store and SA is out of my home state so with that being said, would love to hear your advice on how to maintain the relationship remotely.

I moved to another City and my H home store is ~250 miles away now, I try to visit every 1.5-2 months. I typically have 2-3 items in mind, so I will always end up buying something. I never tried "phone transactions" as I simply enjoy coming to the store.

That said, being remote may be a challenge if you are looking for coveted items or if your order is delivered to the store and you need to pick it up within X days. I've been with my SA for one year now and eventually, our relationship evolved from "Sorry no Chypre available" to "It would be hard to hold a pair for you if you can't pick up the same day" to me getting a pair in the exact color I wanted on one of my visits ;)

When I last visited the store a few weeks back, we spoke about my QB wish and my SA was like "When are you coming back", I told her I am in town every X weeks, but can arrange a travel if /when my wishlist item becomes available in the interim.

That's possible. It's also possible that is what this person (who is, after all, showcasing their shopping on TikTok) would like to believe...or, would like you to believe.

Paris is full of elegant understated types with neutral Kellys :shrugs: it's practically a national identity.

I assume you’ve stopped all shopping/spending with the original store? If not, do so immediately. Otherwise, just be loyal to your new SA. If you think of something or see something you want to purchase, concisely text your new SA and ask for it. They probably cannot ship any leather goods to you so keep a list of those handy for when you visit in person. Try to visit at least twice a year and make a few phone transactions in between. Don’t bother your SA remotely for “maybe” items, only items you are sure you want and sure you know your size for. Save items you need to try on first for in person visits. Be patient as response times and shipping times might not line up with the immediate satisfaction we get from stores like Amazon.
Thank you. Yes I've stopped all shopping at original store. Keeping a list of items that require in store try on etc is a great suggestion. Thanks!