Gucci Dionysus external canvas peeling? :(

May 21, 2011
Hi guys! I hope you can help me out with my Gucci Dionysus.

I used the bag yesterday and have noticed this white mark on the slot between the gum and stitching on the external portion of the bag. There’s another smaller one at the bottom. I touched it and it felt sticky, and I felt some eraser shavings- like residue that stuck to my fingers when I slightly rubbed those parts because I thought they were just some type of sticky residue.

Is it what I think it is? That the coated canvas of Gucci is peeling? It’s like the print of the canvas is slowly coming off and revealing the white base underneath. It’s very noticeable and such an eye sore. :sad:

I purchased this in June of 2019. I used it no more than 30 times and then the pandemic hit and I barely used it because of the situation and I got new bags since then and I’ve been using them more.

Is there any remedy for this? Reglaze? Repaint? Will Gucci repair this?

F8686B0A-C9D9-41EF-8407-807ACC751C5B.jpeg

A7C0B6F2-C68B-4BE5-92A2-45580A3638E4.jpeg

I am wondering if you have solved the issue. I have a similar problem but it is worse. I believe it is a defect. ☹️If it was going to peel this way why would I pay $$$ for this low quality bag. My old LV pvc bags still in mint condition.

All brands have their faults including LV

"Is this Normal?" Ask about LV stitching, alignment, etc. here!

Mini pochette coating issue?

Glazing issue! advice please

PM Glazing Issue

Reactions: JD1123

I used the bag yesterday and have noticed this white mark on the slot between the gum and stitching on the external portion of the bag. There’s another smaller one at the bottom. I touched it and it felt sticky, and I felt some eraser shavings- like residue that stuck to my fingers when I slightly rubbed those parts because I thought they were just some type of sticky residue.

Is it what I think it is? That the coated canvas of Gucci is peeling? It’s like the print of the canvas is slowly coming off and revealing the white base underneath. It’s very noticeable and such an eye sore. :sad:

I purchased this in June of 2019. I used it no more than 30 times and then the pandemic hit and I barely used it because of the situation and I got new bags since then and I’ve been using them more.

View attachment 5755320

View attachment 5755321
Hey darling!! I have the same issue with my Gucci bag. The canvas is flaking in different spots. Have you done anything about it?

View attachment 5755320

View attachment 5755321

I’m so happy I came here and found out that I am not the only one. It just happened to me today on my Gucci Dionysis card holder. I thought it was something on top of it so I rubbed it but then I realized it was coming off, so I stopped right away. It’s literally peeling on both sides and I’m just lost of hope. It’s so bad. I am wondering what the cause is.
64E8427D-F281-4B8C-BF78-91DE45DE4740.jpeg1F44ECF5-5E78-438A-91B1-BE924942D056.jpegA5327B51-003E-4CAD-9EC8-F9613A938766.jpegD917FADA-4FCB-491A-984D-0ADFC3CC5FF5.jpeg

It’s literally so bad. I just put it in the dust bag and I’m not touching it. I think mine is done already. If it hits something, it’ll literally easily peel off. Things don’t last forever I guess. I have the Gucci super mini to match in Dionysis to match as a pair. The super mini is all right, but I’m not touching it.

I put it in open cabinet, without its dustbag.. But my other coated canvas bags don't become sticky like this.. I won't buy its coated canvas anymore..
Have you asked your local store regarding this?
That’s good! I stored mine in its dust bag. Yeah I feel the same way about purchasing. I mean when the canvas starts peeling like this, they become just like any other non branded wallet as what I realized.

For me I live in hawaii. A Gucci store is all the way in the next island over. But I did message them about a repair for another item and they said they would repair it. But for the canvas honestly I don’t think there’s anything they can do. but if you find a solution, let me know.!