Opinion on this ring please

naturale

Mar 6, 2006
Hello everyone, my husband went to the Virgin Islands to visit his family...I told him to check on a diamond ring for me since he never bought me a nice one when we got married. Well, he bought me this one...but I'm not loving it from the pictures..it's a 3 ct princess cut.

What do you guys think...the center diamond looks like is at the same level as the side diamonds but is not...I hope I love it when I see the real thing...he's such a sweet husband and I dont want to dissapoint him.

Attachments

• 2671143_df.jpg
    2671143_df.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 133
It's lovely! I'm not an expert on jewelry styles by any means, but I guess I'd consider this a contemporary style as opposed to a traditional style.

I like the diamonds on the band a lot. Those, to me, are an extra bonus. From the picture it appears that the center diamond is raised above the side diamonds.

Thank you gabz and Leelee...I will be getting the ring tomorrow night...I will post pictures with it in my finger. Fingers cross that I fall in love with it.

It looks like it will be very pretty and sparkly! However, from the picture it looks to be an "illusion" princess, which means the center is actually four smaller princess cut diamonds put together to create the illusion of a very large center stone. I saw a few of these when my fiance and I were looking at rings, they are nice but I just thought you should know in case you would prefer one center stone. Correct me if I am wrong though!

It looks like it will be very pretty and sparkly! However, from the picture it looks to be an "illusion" princess, which means the center is actually four smaller princess cut diamonds put together to create the illusion of a very large center stone. I saw a few of these when my fiance and I were looking at rings, they are nice but I just thought you should know in case you would prefer one center stone. Correct me if I am wrong though!

Thanks for the info...I did prefer one center stone....I guess my husband really liked this one and bought it. I can't wait to see it IRL...I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight.

I like it a lot. It's nice of you to not want to hurt your DH's feelings since he picked it out. Hopefully you'll love it or he'll understand your wanting to change it. Either way, 3 carats Woo Hoo!

Wow I think it's pretty. I like somewhat 'heavy' rings if you know what I'm trying to say. I think it'll look so pretty in your hands. The picture makes it a little heavy looking but I'm sure you'll love it because it is beautiful!