Surgery booked at Wink (eyes), 1st button (nose) and Vlif (smas and forehead reduction) for August 2023

I am currently in Seoul and am thinking of various eye procedures, including non incisional DES, lateral and lower canthoplasty, and lower blepharoplasty. I’ve narrowed down to Wink and Zestar (they are both named Dr. Choi haha). Wink has told me that with my anatomy, the lateral canthoplasty won’t work well and will revert. The Dr straight up refused to do it even after I pushed multiple times as it was something I really wanted. He was very good at English, patient, and inspired a lot of trust. However, he wasn’t offering me one of the procedures I was most interested in. At Zestar, the doctor doesn’t speak English as well and the in house translator wasn’t great either. He said that he could do the lateral canthoplasty using another method and that it would stay. The plot twist is that I’m actually a doctor myself (albeit not a surgeon) so I was completely able to follow Winks suggestions based on my previous reading of various surgical techniques. However, I’m not an expert and I’m not sure what surgical techniques Zestar is referring to. Given that there are various approaches to the same surgery, it’s a bit hard to parse out that info and it seems like some surgeons like to keep the details of their techniques “secret”. The before and after pictures at Zestar are in line with what I want, but I’ve heard from multiple sources that the lateral canthoplasty may revert and leave a scar. I’m still debating between the two but I thought I’d just leave my two cents here for people who are interested in pursuing either clinic :smile:

I am currently in Seoul and am thinking of various eye procedures, including non incisional DES, lateral and lower canthoplasty, and lower blepharoplasty. I’ve narrowed down to Wink and Zestar (they are both named Dr. Choi haha). Wink has told me that with my anatomy, the lateral canthoplasty won’t work well and will revert. The Dr straight up refused to do it even after I pushed multiple times as it was something I really wanted. He was very good at English, patient, and inspired a lot of trust. However, he wasn’t offering me one of the procedures I was most interested in. At Zestar, the doctor doesn’t speak English as well and the in house translator wasn’t great either. He said that he could do the lateral canthoplasty using another method and that it would stay. The plot twist is that I’m actually a doctor myself (albeit not a surgeon) so I was completely able to follow Winks suggestions based on my previous reading of various surgical techniques. However, I’m not an expert and I’m not sure what surgical techniques Zestar is referring to. Given that there are various approaches to the same surgery, it’s a bit hard to parse out that info and it seems like some surgeons like to keep the details of their techniques “secret”. The before and after pictures at Zestar are in line with what I want, but I’ve heard from multiple sources that the lateral canthoplasty may revert and leave a scar. I’m still debating between the two but I thought I’d just leave my two cents here for people who are interested in pursuing either clinic :smile:
Thank you so much for letting me know!

I was told by wink that lateral is possible for me but now I’m curious why it was not a viable option for you!

Can I dm you?

Thank you so much for letting me know!

I was told by wink that lateral is possible for me but now I’m curious why it was not a viable option for you!

Can I dm you?
Essentially, my outer corner is too close to my orbital bone so the procedure would reverse as it’ll just heal back to its original place given how close it is.

Just had surgery at wink and everything is good so far! Still very swollen but I think the end results will be great.

Essentially, my outer corner is too close to my orbital bone so the procedure would reverse as it’ll just heal back to its original place given how close it is.

Just had surgery at wink and everything is good so far! Still very swollen but I think the end results will be great.
Hey :smile: happy to hear that your surgery went well . I’m also interested in getting lateral canthoplasty to elongate my eyes and was wondering if you’d be comfortable sharing before + after pics ? If not you can dm on kkt: Charlison1 :smile:

Thank you so much for sharing, can’t wait to hear about how your surgery goes!! I was -this- close to considering iLac for nose but I think I want something more natural that fits my face. The more I looked at iLacs before/after pics and reviews I realized that the overall style is just too pointy and dolly for me.

What really sealed the deal was that I showed him some pictures from ILac that I liked ( it was one of their more natural photos) and Dr. Kim straight up said it’s not his style, he could do it but if my skins nose or the cartilage is not strong enough, I risk having a deformed nose in the future. Considering I have a shorter nose / bulbous nose, I really appreciate him being honest and what he likes doing and what he thinks is realistic.

And I also got quoted $5.5k USD! I’m planning on putting a deposit real soon for September!

Thank you so much for sharing, can’t wait to hear about how your surgery goes!! I was -this- close to considering iLac for nose but I think I want something more natural that fits my face. The more I looked at iLacs before/after pics and reviews I realized that the overall style is just too pointy and dolly for me.

What really sealed the deal was that I showed him some pictures from ILac that I liked ( it was one of their more natural photos) and Dr. Kim straight up said it’s not his style, he could do it but if my skins nose or the cartilage is not strong enough, I risk having a deformed nose in the future. Considering I have a shorter nose / bulbous nose, I really appreciate him being honest and what he likes doing and what he thinks is realistic.

And I also got quoted $5.5k USD! I’m planning on putting a deposit real soon for September!
He’s so refreshing to deal with honestly and I think his prices are actually reasonable compared to other clinics I’ve seen considering he’s an ENT as well. I’ve heard noselab charging at least 2 times what 1st button charges.

omg same here was super close to going with ilac but dr kim is truly something else, loving the results so far

Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences. I’m thinking about Wink for upper and lower bleph also. I’m also consulting with JK and EyeHo. JK is double the price and is popular with foreigners but that’s a big difference.

Does anyone have experience with JK or EyeHo?

I also got the same quote so their pricing is pretty consistent. I also really like their customer service. I chatted with them today about the differences btwn their mini and full facelift. I was getting a lot of recommendations for only a mini. They were kind enough to explain their why. I really like this clinic. The only apprehension is that they did not do an in-person consult. Folks changed their recommendations with my face after seeing me. I do not photograph well.
Why don't they do in-person consults? How odd! Is this common?

Reactions: Looking Purdy
How far spread out should I get my procedures done from different clinics? Planning to go this winter for fc and des at iLAC and nose either at 1st button or hyundai or wannabe...stiil deciding.

Thanks

Reactions: Miso_
This exactly. I reached out to 1st button regarding fat grafting to a certain area and they personally actually turned me down saying that fat is good but it's not worth it in that area and might be temporary. I really appreciated their honesty while a lot of clinics were like sure, we can do it! I am still reaching out to them as I know fat will be temporary but it's worth a consult with someone honest as so.
Hi, can I ask where were you trying to get fat grafting done? Because I was considering fat grafting with 1st button along with my rhino but Im a bit nervous to do it. I trust Dr. Kim for nose but not sure how frequently he does fat grafting

Hi, can I ask where were you trying to get fat grafting done? Because I was considering fat grafting with 1st button along with my rhino but Im a bit nervous to do it. I trust Dr. Kim for nose but not sure how frequently he does fat grafting
Hi there, I had this done with Dr Kim along with rhinoplasty. Overall, I like it a lot. I'm in my 40s and I do look a lot younger. Is that what you're trying to achieve?