Evelyne straps unclipping

My Evelyne PM strap has come unlatched a few times but only when I’ve picked the bag up.... The bag is about 3 years old. This thread has got me thinking I should take it into the store

My gold PM has unclipped twice that I can remember. It’s really frustrating. I agree with the poster who said the other clasp style they have would work better.

I imagine That with people like me have not reported the issue, Hermes may not realize how extensive the issue is.

Reactions: HeartHermes
I had this thread bookmarked on my iPad when I dropped off my bag, but the manager said there was no need to see it as Hermes would do their own research into the issue. Which, okay, fair. But at this point, if they still can't fix it, I really hope I don't have to "fight" for a completely new bag (and hope it doesn't have the same problem) because it was defective from the get-go. Paris has had my bag for longer than I have!

My Evelyne came back to my local boutique as "cannot be repaired." The after sales person told me that Paris couldn't replicate the problem so they sent the bag back as is. They believe I might have been overloading the bag, which I really wasn't. But she is very kind and willing to try to come up with an alternate solution. She is open to reading this thread so I told her I will send her a link so that she can see that it's not an isolated problem and maybe we can go up the chain of command to see what can be done. So, if anyone else has had an issue with the Evelyne unclasping, please post here so that the boutique will be able to see it when they open the thread.

Do you hold your strap when you're wearing your Evelyne? I don't usually hold my strap and my strap has never unclipped on its own, but the other day, I was holding the strap while walking and I thought to myself that I could totally see myself accidentally unclipping my bag.

Do you hold your strap when you're wearing your Evelyne? I don't usually hold my strap and my strap has never unclipped on its own, but the other day, I was holding the strap while walking and I thought to myself that I could totally see myself accidentally unclipping my bag.
Very rarely. I've actually had the bag for very little time compared to how long it's been at Hermes, but it's unclipped both when I grab the strap to put it on as well as when I was wearing it crossbody.

I brought my Clemence 33 Evelyne back to my local store again yesterday as the the strap kept unclipping again. I had this issue almost from the get-go. The bag was originally sent to NY then on to Paris to change the hardware when NY couldn't find the problem. After I finally got it back, I was good for about a week, then it started happening again. I have had the loop opening facing both in and out to see if one or the other helped, but it didn't make a difference. I left the bag with the store manager (my SA was off) as no one was available in after sales on the weekend. She says they've sold a lot of Evelyne bags (of course) and never heard of this happening. The SA I spoke to on the phone on Friday said the same thing.

Others here have shared their similar experiences and I was wondering which size bag and leather did you experience your problem with. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am gearing up for a (polite) fight if they keep insisting there's nothing wrong, and I'd love to be armed with knowledge of other customers it's happened to.
Sorry you are experiencing this! My Evelyn (which I love) does the same often. At least every single time I use it. Defect?

I will look for contact info of higher ups and try to escalate it. After I calm down a little. Right now, still angry and disappointed, I wouldn't be very nice.