VCA ~ Van Cleef Arpels Discussion thread!

Thank you @BigAkoya for your thoughful and detailed response!! Would you anticipate a 30% markup?
Yes, for sure. My guess is 31-34% range.

If that doesn’t float with you which I totally get, how about the yellow sapphire & diamond pave butterfly BTF ring? I ended up getting that one.

It has the YG that would match your YG jewelry. The diamonds are set in WG, so it really shows off the sparkle of the diamonds.

Just a thought.

Reactions: AnaBeavTheOG
Yes, for sure. My guess is 31-34% range.

If that doesn’t float with you which I totally get, how about the yellow sapphire & diamond pave butterfly BTF ring? I ended up getting that one.

It has the YG that would match your YG jewelry. The diamonds are set in WG, so it really shows off the sparkle of the diamonds.

Just a thought.
Thank you @BigAkoya!!! I will definitely try on the yellow sapphire & diamond to compare prior to placing SO/MTO for the MOP

Hi ladies
I would love to get some advice on buying a pre-owned two butterfly mop necklace. The mop has apparently lost its luster. Has anyone tried getting stone replacement for one of the shinier/polished(?) version of mop used in the cosmos/two butterfly lines? I was wondering about the cost.

I have my eyes on this gorgeous ring. All of my jewelry is YG so a bit concerned how the rose gold will look with all of my other pieces. My SA said he thought I could possibly order in YG. Has anyone ever seen this ring in YG? Any input would be appreciated TIA

View attachment 5786092
You could possibly try on the single butterfly ring in pave to see how the pave looks in YG if that's what you need.

Hi ladies
I would love to get some advice on buying a pre-owned two butterfly mop necklace. The mop has apparently lost its luster. Has anyone tried getting stone replacement for one of the shinier/polished(?) version of mop used in the cosmos/two butterfly lines? I was wondering about the cost.
Unless the piece is really inexpensive, it would be a hard pass for me.

Thanks for the advice. :smile: The price is at about 42% of the current retail price and is from a reputable source, although the COA isn't included. If only the wings had not lost their sheen... :sad: I'm in love with the mesmerizing glow that the cosmos/two butterfly mop pieces have.
I would pass on this. No COA and condition issues. For me, it’s too much risk, even at 42% discount. Wait and save for a new one.

Even at 42% off, the necklace is still around $5K.

Reactions: sparklehop
Sharing my newest necklace addition! I got it shortened an inch but wondering if it needed another .5-1 inch since it still sits with a slight V. I am going to give this a go for now and see how it marinates :smile: it’s very shiny! Thinking I’ll eventually get the ring to complete the set

View attachment 5787665

View attachment 5787666
Looks perfect on you!!!!!!

Reactions: sparklehop
Hello there,
has anyone got the lucky 12 motifs? I need some inspiration. I haven’t seen it much around. Is it easy enough to pair up with different wardrobes? Any pros and cons?
To match I currently have the MOP 5 motifs bracelet and the following earrings : MOP Vintage YG, Magic Malachite, 4 motifs MOP (for more drama!)

Thanks a lot for your feedback and modshotsAC2230AE-211C-4905-80FF-0312CBDCEEE5.jpeg

Hello there,
has anyone got the lucky 12 motifs? I need some inspiration. I haven’t seen it much around. Is it easy enough to pair up with different wardrobes? Any pros and cons?
To match I currently have the MOP 5 motifs bracelet and the following earrings : MOP Vintage YG, Magic Malachite, 4 motifs MOP (for more drama!)

Thanks a lot for your feedback and modshotsView attachment 5787870
IMO only, and I am not a VCA expert, ( I only have a six motif magic necklace gmop) it looks fabulous on the very slim model in the plain white dress. But, it is a lot of space and chain, and I think on normal people and normal clothes, the relatively small motifs will get lost. But, I would be happy to be proved wrong by those of us who have tried this on or who might own this piece. :smile:

Sharing my newest necklace addition! I got it shortened an inch but wondering if it needed another .5-1 inch since it still sits with a slight V. I am going to give this a go for now and see how it marinates :smile: it’s very shiny! Thinking I’ll eventually get the ring to complete the set

View attachment 5787665

View attachment 5787666
Congratulations on your gorgeous necklace! It's beautiful on you!
For me, yes, I would shorten it a bit more, so it hangs slightlt below the hollow of your neck

Your earrings and necklace make a stunning set!