MINKIE CHAT THREAD ..... Let's chat! (4)

I recently bought my first MAM from the Real Real - thanks again Antonia for encouraging me! It was a steal at $51 all in (including shipping and tax, with a coupon). I wanted one of these SO BADLY back in 2008/2009 but couldn't afford/justify it, so I'm thrilled to have one now! Turns out I just had to wait 15 years! :lol: I sought out a MAM with soft, somewhat textured leather and the chunky zippers because I have a very well-loved MAC with those features that is like an old friend to me - it was my 2010 splurge and was my only purse other than a school tote for several years.

The Real Real said that this bag's condition was "good" and listed a lot of flaws, but I think it's in great shape! Some hardware scuffing and a bit of interior discoloration but no major issues - much better than I expected. I did wash the interior and apply some leather conditioner when I received it.

Photos!

View attachment 5738219
It did come with the tassels but I prefer to remove them (I know, blasphemy).
View attachment 5738220
View attachment 5738221

Here's my old MAC borrowing MAM's strap for a new and less blingy look:
View attachment 5738222

And with its original strap:
View attachment 5738223

On a related note, would Brasso or any other polishing agent help with this tarnished hardware? I loved this bag HARD for years (and I was younger and less careful with my stuff then...) so it's looking rough.
View attachment 5738224
Have you tried using Brasso on the hardware? Was wondering what kind of results you might have gotten. I think it will help to polish it up but of course, it won’t get rid of the scratches. I wonder if Rebecca Minkoff offers bag restore services, like they might be able to replace the clasp?

Got my celestial "crossbody" Edie flap. I love everything about it except the strap. The strap drop is 19 inches which is too short for me. The listing said it was 21 inches. No. Hits me at the hip so it looks like I have a beautiful growth on my hip. I'm keeping it because it's gorgeous (leather is soft and supple, old brass HW is lovely and has a good weight), but I'm not sure if it will survive my next closet clean-out.

If anyone sees a full sized Edie celestial on the bay or posh, please let me know!

View attachment 5757156View attachment 5757157
I love it. I missed out on this one as it sold out quickly. They have it in an ivory but I prefer the black. Really wish they would do this in a dark navy, too.

Reactions: Shelby33
Have you tried using Brasso on the hardware? Was wondering what kind of results you might have gotten. I think it will help to polish it up but of course, it won’t get rid of the scratches. I wonder if Rebecca Minkoff offers bag restore services, like they might be able to replace the clasp?
I usually get great results with Brasso, it does help somewhat with scratches.

Reactions: Glitter_pixie
Got my celestial "crossbody" Edie flap. I love everything about it except the strap. The strap drop is 19 inches which is too short for me. The listing said it was 21 inches. No. Hits me at the hip so it looks like I have a beautiful growth on my hip. I'm keeping it because it's gorgeous (leather is soft and supple, old brass HW is lovely and has a good weight), but I'm not sure if it will survive my next closet clean-out.

If anyone sees a full sized Edie celestial on the bay or posh, please let me know!

View attachment 5757156View attachment 5757157
It’s soooooo beautiful….

Hey does anyone have the MAB crossbody?