Guidance on a LV bag for my wife, please...

It sounds to me like she definitely needs a shoulder bag. I'd go for the Batignolles Horizontal or Vertical, the Beverly MM or the Neverfull MM.
Neverfull MM-$620
p11555562_ph_hero.jpg

Beverly GM-$1410
p11421206_ph_hero.jpg

Batignolles Horizontal-$740
p10885631_ph_hero.jpg

Batignolles Vertical-$740
p10885615_ph_hero.jpg

The Batignolles Horizontal is a practical everyday bag! Can fit lots of "mom" stuff ( I am a stay at home mom, too!).
Other choices for a shoulder bag would be Neverfull MM or Viva Cite GM. For a handbag, I'd go Alma!
Good luck, your such a nice husband!!!:tup:

I'm surprised that the LV boutique couldn't repair the strap? If she likes the Musette because it's a messenger style and hands-free, why not just have the strap replaced so she can use it daily as she does now and maybe a Montsouris backpack so she can still hands free to hold the little ones' hands!:yes:

you are such a sweet husband! i wish my boyfriend was as sweet for my bday. he bought me a new *really nice!* cd player for my dumpy old car. which is nice, but it's a guy-type of gift. *rolls eyes* he's sorta hopeless, but i still love him.

i also nominate the verticle. it's great for a mom with kids. it's hands-free and can carry lots. or if you're really not sure, you can take her to the boutique for her to choose. that's also a great idea, and i'd love that as much.

Cabbas Piano, Damier Saleya PM or Batignolles Horizontal are great for moms on the go because they are able to be carried on her shoulder comfortably and hold a lot of stuff.

The Batigonlles Horizontal is a wonderful choice. Classic shape so it will see the light of day for many years to come and it holds a lot of stuff and keeps her hands free.

But as someone earlier suggested, it would be awesome to surprise her with a trip to the boutique if this is a possibility. Part of the fun of LV is the shopping experience and service.

You are a very wonderful man and must love your wife a lot :smile:

It sounds to me like she definitely needs a shoulder bag. I'd go for the Batignolles Horizontal or Vertical, the Beverly MM or the Neverfull MM.
Neverfull MM-$620
p11555562_ph_hero.jpg

Beverly GM-$1410
p11421206_ph_hero.jpg

Batignolles Horizontal-$740
p10885631_ph_hero.jpg

Batignolles Vertical-$740
p10885615_ph_hero.jpg

These would be the best choices. she deffinatly needs a shoulder bag with children. My first pick would be the beverly.

We don't go out all that often.

Yes, she is a stay at home mom who is never home. :yes:

She is busy all day taking our kids to school, play dates, art class, dance class, etc. etc. etc.
Wow...you're a nice husband to buy her nice handbags. I'm a stay at home mom too who's on the run and have 2 little kids. I would recommend a cabas piano or cabas mezzo. A mono Noe or epi Noe are nice too. Since toting 2 little kids around I wouldn't recommend speedy bags because I hate carrying my speedy bags when I'm with my kids.

Batignolles horizontal or Neverfull MM!!! My friends swear by either of these bags as they too are busy with their kids. Your wife wont have to deal with the leather vachetta getting dirty at the bottom (happens with the Cabas). Very practical bags and holds lots!!! :tup::tup::tup:

Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions.

I will head down to the LV boutique and choose between the Batignolles Horizontal or Vertical.

I believe she will love either one.

I'm mystified as well as to why LV could not repair the bag. The shoulder strap broke and the plastic is ripping as well. I believe it's the ripping that LV cannot address. Regardless, I'm sure the local shoe repair shop can at least fix the strap.

Once again, I truly appreciate everyone's help and insight.

Thank you