Guidance on a LV bag for my wife, please...

rush2112

Aug 7, 2007
Hello everyone. I am new to this board and am very thankful I found it.

My wife's birthday is due to arrive shortly and I will be buying her a LV bag as part of her present.

I'm simply just not sure which one to get.

I've bought her many bags in the past, from JP Tod to Prada to many LV bags. Most recently I bought her a black Monogram Multicolore Speedy and the Monogram Canvas Musette.

She uses the Speedy as her "special occasion" bag and used the Canvas Musette as her everyday bag. She absolutely loved the Musette because its long shoulder strap and flip top made it very easy to handle while taking care of our 2 young daughters.

Unfortunately, the strap on the Musette broke and my wife was told by the reps at LV that they were unable to repair it. (I will bring it to a local shoe repair shop to have it fixed somehow)

Given this history, I'm not sure if I should get her one of the "essential" bags or a newer model that my not have staying power.

The Tod and Prada bags were very trendy and thus have not seen the light of day in many years. I'm reasonably sure they never will again. :sad:

I would hate to invest in another (what I consider) expensive bag that my wife would only use for 6 months to 1 year.

Some guidance would be greatly appreciated.

We don't go out all that often.

Yes, she is a stay at home mom who is never home. :yes:

She is busy all day taking our kids to school, play dates, art class, dance class, etc. etc. etc.

I am a stay at home mom too and just ordered the LV Batignolles Horizontal. I think it will be perfect for everyday use with kids and lots of stuff to carry...go to eluxury.com to see it...

Welcome to the Purse Forum rush!

1. Does she carry a lot every day?
2. How about something in a more subtle print like Damier?
3. Does she like shoulder or hand-carry more?
4. How about a wallet or an accessory piece instead of a bag?

I would go for the Batignolles Horizontal as previously stated. It's very popular around this forum and there are plenty of pictures of it on women of different heights and weights. It should be easy for you to judge what it would look like on her. I saw it in an airport and was really impressed by its holding-capacity.

I am a stay at home mom too and just ordered the LV Batignolles Horizontal. I think it will be perfect for everyday use with kids and lots of stuff to carry...go to eluxury.com to see it...
I have to agree! Not only will she have hands free but this bag will carry a lot.