Guidance on a LV bag for my wife, please...

It sounds like she likes a shoulder bag and one which closes securely. The batignolles and neverfull are open top bags and she may prefer something which actually closes and neither of these do. You did not state which musette size she had and I will assume its probably the larger. I think the looping shoulder bag is a great one, it comes in various sizes too. The larger looping has a pretty good length on the shoulder strap too. It is a classic style with a single, sturdy, ROUNDED shoulder strap which makes it comfortable on the shoulder. The fact it also has a single shoulder strap also allows it to stay on the shoulder well, meaning it will stay put as she's running after the kids! I consider the looping a contempory version of the musette and similar but different enough (zipper closure)to where she will enjoy the fact of a new bag! Good luck, you are a sweet, sweet husband for taking the time to think out your purchase first and putting such effort into your wife's gift. Do you have a twin???:blush:

Forgot to mention, once she has her new bag, take the Musette back down to LV and have them REPLACE the entire shoulder strap. They may not have been able to repair her exiting strap; however, LV can certainly put a new one on! Their repairs take 4 -6 weeks and they do a super job!!!

Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions.

I will head down to the LV boutique and choose between the Batignolles Horizontal or Vertical.

I believe she will love either one.

I'm mystified as well as to why LV could not repair the bag. The shoulder strap broke and the plastic is ripping as well. I believe it's the ripping that LV cannot address. Regardless, I'm sure the local shoe repair shop can at least fix the strap.

Once again, I truly appreciate everyone's help and insight.

Thank you

Not sure when you need the bag by, but both are currently available online at eLuxury.com ....no sales tax!

First of all, you are such a sweet DH!!!
If the canvas was ripped, then maybe I can understand why they wouldn't be able to repair it. If it was just the vachette that was damaged, they should be able to.
Now for the bag. I have 2 kids also and I love my denim baggy gm. It also comes in a smaller pm size as well. You can purchase a longer strap to use across the body or leave it with the strap provided and use it over the shoulder.

Denim Baggy GM
p10960515_ph_althero_Fuschia.jpg

Denim Baggy PM
p10960531_ph_althero_Denim.jpg

I vote for the denim baggy pm! I have a baby which I can manage to carry on my left arm along with his diaper bag and my baggy on my right arm!

The neverfull mm might also be an option, although I'm not too fond of the thin straps. BH is also good, but you need to consider the open top which makes me paranoid! Good luck deciding, and you're such a sweet husband!

You could always get her a new Musette. Or take her to the LV store and let her look at all of the new styles and prints. Good luck, I'm sure she will love whatever you choose.