Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

The bag and creed in the listing appear authentic but note that the seller has an error. Either she shows the wrong creed or did a typo in her title.

Verify that the creed photo is the correct one for the bag because the seller is either showing a different creed than what is described (with I plant code) or she has a typo.
Thank you, I noticed that as well. Will do!

Hi Hyacinth,

I just received the bag. However, I just notice that the creed is in the front pocket instead of inside the main compartment. Is it common as most of the bags I encounter, the creed is inside the main compartment.

We've seen early Station Bags stamped both ways.

The bag seems fine but all I have to base that on are the first few digits and the "No" in the serial number, the rest as you've noticed isn't readable. The listing photos don't open for me so thank you for posting the extra pics. Station Bags don't have many other details that can be used for authentication. The fact that the creed is stamped in the front pocket is actually a positive sign on that example.

Last edited:
How about this station bag? My only question mark is the fact that the "creed" is so worn and barely readable. Can you see enough to verify authenticity? Thank you!
Ebay, tangledknot
Vintage Coach Black Leather Cross Body Messenger Handbag Turnlock Station 5130

View attachment 5701934

View attachment 5701935

View attachment 5701936

View attachment 5701937
Bump! :smile:

I appreciate the incredible knowledge of the authenticators here--such a wonderful resource for lovers of vintage Coach. I rescued this bag from, of all places, an antique store. Even though the word "Coach" wasn't on the tag, I bought it for the price (cheap!) and for the quality of the leather. Before I obliterate the serial patch, I want to run this Station bag by the experts. It has the DREADED M plant code. I note also that the strap is extremely "skinny". Measurements (approx) 10" high, 9" wide, 2" deep. Strap measures 46" long. Thanks in advance for your time! In another life, I want to be Hyacinth!

View attachment 5702203

View attachment 5702204

View attachment 5702206

View attachment 5702208

View attachment 5702209

View attachment 5702210

View attachment 5702211

View attachment 5702212

View attachment 5702214

View attachment 5702216

View attachment 5702217

View attachment 5702218
Ignoring the NYC creed, the bag is authentic. The strap looks correct for this style. I don't think the M plant is dreaded, is it?

How about this station bag? My only question mark is the fact that the "creed" is so worn and barely readable. Can you see enough to verify authenticity? Thank you!
Ebay, tangledknot
Vintage Coach Black Leather Cross Body Messenger Handbag Turnlock Station 5130

View attachment 5701934

View attachment 5701935

View attachment 5701936

View attachment 5701937

NUTS. I replied to the wrong post or the wrong poster earlier. Too many darned Station Bags at the same time.

Yours looks OK.

Hi Hyacinth,

I just received the bag. However, I just notice that the creed is in the front pocket instead of inside the main compartment. Is it common as most of the bags I encounter, the creed is inside the main compartment.

I'm not sure why you clicked Reply to an old post of mine from last August.
I mixed up another reply with yours somehow, but wondered what bag you were actually asking about since you said you just received the bag. Maybe we could start the question from the beginning because I don't think we're talking about the same bag? Unless you have 2 different IDs and got them mixed up?

Please include ALL of the required links and photos of the bag you're asking about at this time. Since you've apparently received whatever bag you asked about, please include your own photos of the bag including the outside, the back of the turnlock, and the creed and serial number.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jacynthe
Hi Authenticators, please help to authenticate this bag. TIA.
Item: Coach Sling
Listing number: NA
Seller and site where listed :neaqs.amy@carousell
Link:https://carousell.app.link/TYkHdpzGWwb
Comments: What is the name of this bag? I have never seen this before and I did a google search but nothing came up.
I'm not seeing measurements in the listing but it looks like a Dixon mini #4124, made around 1993. It's authentic.

4124_Dixon Mini-spr1993-a Lightweights 4111 cafe.jpg

Reactions: AuntieA
Hi please could I have the following bags authenticated please:

Item: court
Listing number: 155374134663
Seller and site where listed: helloluvx123 on eBay
Link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/15537413...3R-yxnAQWa&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Comments: I’ve also attached the creed below, it’s E9P 9870

Item: willis bag
Listing number: na
Seller and site where listed: capsole2022 on Vinted
Link: https://www.vinted.co.uk/women/bags/handbags/2589171334-black-vintage-leather-coach-bag
Comments:

Thank you so much FF807B96-A98D-4AE3-853D-6CF7BFE6A5BF.pngA5BF22B1-4FCC-4269-B23D-F42B9DA4F170.jpeg

1674891235266.png

Hello Authenticators. I would really appreciate your help authenticating these two items. I learned from you why Poshmark is not a favorable site to shop with and from your previous reply, I can see why. I did however make some purchases before then and I hope I can still get some help authenticating. I have received the bags and have uploaded personal photos along with their site links.

Item: EUC Vintage Coach 4152 Bantam Mini Daypack in Bone
Listing number:none
Seller and site where listed:sweetvictoryphx, poshmark
Link: Website

IMG_1301.jpgIMG_1302.jpgIMG_1310.jpgIMG_1304.JPGIMG_1313.JPG

Item: Coach Vintage Bucket Bag Large
Listing number:none
Seller and site where listed:larisacox, poshmark
Link: Website
Comment: I took pictures with the flash. It does have a shine? shiny? look yet still rather soft. Too good to be true considering its age as a NYC bag?

IMG_1314.JPGIMG_1315.JPGIMG_1322.JPGIMG_1320.jpgIMG_1317.jpgIMG_1327.JPGIMG_1323.JPG

Thank you in advance.