Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

Hello. I would appreciate your help authenticating this item.

Item: Coach Rare HTF 4060
Listing number:none
Seller and site where listed:lovecurly_girl, poshmark
Link: https://poshmark.com/listing/Coach-...tweight-Soft-Satchel-63d290d2c1c3462d8bce3b21

Thank You.
View attachment 5701750View attachment 5701751View attachment 5701752View attachment 5701754
I don't recommend Poshmark and I don't authenticate their listings or sellers (sorry, honest sellers!) and lovecurly_girl is an example of why.

Without commenting on the listing in question, I'll say that it was previously sold:

I don't recommend lovecurly_girl on Poshmark.

And she also sold these fakes:
and
and
https://poshmark.com/listing/Vintage-Coach-Leather-Mini-Backpack-63652647ffb5d0e9bd6c1c26 -- she claims to have refunded the buyer after being told this one was fake.
another

Both are okay.

You might want to verify that the charms shown in both listings come with the bags. It's not described but when shown in a listing, it should be included in order to avoid misleading or deceiving buyers.

ETA: In fact, one of the listings does say that the "Butterfly bag charm not included" and IMO, it's deceptive to show it and as a seller with a no return policy, she's opening herself to NAD disputes, unhappy buyers and will end up having to refund if buyers file claims.
Thanks so much. Yes, I did see the charm was not included and I totally agree with your conclusion. Why even put it on the bag if it’s not included.

This one, trail bag, has been on my wish list for awhile. This has been dyed, and I'm not sure if it was a quality leather dye or something else, guess I'll find out! Can't help but wonder why cover up the beautiful mohagany brown. Now, does it look authentic to you? Thanks for taking a peek!
www.ebay.com

Coach Vintage Black Trail Bag Train Case 9955 | eBay

<p>Coach Vintage Black Trail Bag Train Case 9955. </p><br><p>I took two pictures of top of purse. There is some wear there. This is a vintage leather piece so there is wear. </p><br><p>Happy to provide additional photos.</p><p><br></p><p>EDIT: The interior of this bag is brown. The exterior is...
www.ebay.com
Item: Coach Vintage Black Trail Bag Train Case 9955
Ebay, seller: funjunquestuff

trail bag creed.jpg

Trail bag.jpg

This one, trail bag, has been on my wish list for awhile. This has been dyed, and I'm not sure if it was a quality leather dye or something else, guess I'll find out! Can't help but wonder why cover up the beautiful mohagany brown. Now, does it look authentic to you? Thanks for taking a peek!
www.ebay.com

Coach Vintage Black Trail Bag Train Case 9955 | eBay

<p>Coach Vintage Black Trail Bag Train Case 9955. </p><br><p>I took two pictures of top of purse. There is some wear there. This is a vintage leather piece so there is wear. </p><br><p>Happy to provide additional photos.</p><p><br></p><p>EDIT: The interior of this bag is brown. The exterior is...
www.ebay.com
Item: Coach Vintage Black Trail Bag Train Case 9955
Ebay, seller: funjunquestuff

View attachment 5701857

View attachment 5701858

The bag used in the creed photo is genuine.

The most common reason for a bag to be dyed a much darker color, as I'm sure you're aware, is because of a stain that can't be removed.

How about this station bag? My only question mark is the fact that the "creed" is so worn and barely readable. Can you see enough to verify authenticity? Thank you!
Ebay, tangledknot
Vintage Coach Black Leather Cross Body Messenger Handbag Turnlock Station 5130

20230126_155040_resized.jpg

20230126_155201_resized.jpg

20230126_155317_resized.jpg

20230126_154148_resized.jpg

Hi authenticators, could you help me check the following two purses?

Item 1 :Coach bag 9966
Seller and site where listed: Poshmark
Link:https://poshmark.com/listing/VTG-COACH-BAG-63cee344bd66cd961c9c4d2a
Comments: The line under "No" is too long. Most bag made in the US, the line under "No" is short line, but many coach 9966 were made in the US and the line under "No" is longer... So I'm confused which one is authentic?

Item 2: coach crossbody 9978
Where purchased or how obtained: in local thrift store
Comments: I'm not familiar with the coach vintage bad made in Hungary. Does this "No" look right to you?1674807239137.png1674807256360.png1674807284142.png1674807303854.png1674807328429.png1674807342753.png1674807398235.png

Thank you. It's genuine and was made in the late 1980s, not the 1970s. The Station Bag wasn't introduced in it's final form until late 1987.

Here's my post from Monday:
Hi Hyacinth,

I just received the bag. However, I just notice that the creed is in the front pocket instead of inside the main compartment. Is it common as most of the bags I encounter, the creed is inside the main compartment.

Comments: The line under "No" is too long. Most bag made in the US, the line under "No" is short line, but many coach 9966 were made in the US and the line under "No" is longer... So I'm confused which one is authentic?

Comments: I'm not familiar with the coach vintage bad made in Hungary. Does this "No" look right to you?View attachment 5702000View attachment 5702001View attachment 5702002View attachment 5702003View attachment 5702004View attachment 5702005View attachment 5702006
I don't usually authenticate Poshmark but I'll respond to each of your 2 requests separately.

(See next posts.)

When comparing you MUST compare apples to apples. Just because bags are the same style and even may be authentic versions of the same style, if they weren't made in the same plant and (at least year), there may be differences.

You didn't show the creed of the bag you're referring to so I'll copy below. But that stamping, "No." font, and bag are authentic and correct for when and where made.

1674838750005.png

Before deciding whether this is a seller with whom you want to do business, please read the following.

But with that said, this is one of the reasons why I have such a strong dislike for PM. Although I have stated that the Legacy zip is authentic, the seller jimmysstore doesn't verify authenticity of his items before selling.

And there's a better chance of getting struck by lightning than seeing Poshmark remove listings for fakes.

seller jimmysstore sold this fake for $208:
And for those who can't see PM images, here are 2 pictures from that fake:
Poshmark jimmysstore fake coach D2G-4115 front.png Poshmark jimmysstore fake coach D2G-4115 creed.png

And ^^^ was previously sold for $207 (july 2022):
And ^^^ sold for $100 (June 2022):

And another sold fake:
Poshmark jimmysstore fake coach J4K-9525 creed.png Poshmark jimmysstore fake coach J4K-9525 front.png

There are probably more fakes but I have found enough to recommend against buying from Poshmark seller

jimmysstore.​

Reactions: AuntieA and Tilis
Comments: I'm not familiar with the coach vintage bad made in Hungary. Does this "No" look right to you?View attachment 5702000View attachment 5702001View attachment 5702002View attachment 5702003View attachment 5702004View attachment 5702005View attachment 5702006
The bag is authentic and "No." is correct for the Hungary plant in 1998.

There are sometimes legitimate errors (made by Coach) on some bags from newer at the time plants.

These are 2 examples of creeds from a genuine Coach bags made in the same month and plant but in 1997. The G month codes are upside-down.
U plant Hungary 1997 upside down G G72 9927 Willis.JPG coach authentic G7U-9085 mistake upside down G.jpg

I appreciate the incredible knowledge of the authenticators here--such a wonderful resource for lovers of vintage Coach. I rescued this bag from, of all places, an antique store. Even though the word "Coach" wasn't on the tag, I bought it for the price (cheap!) and for the quality of the leather. Before I obliterate the serial patch, I want to run this Station bag by the experts. It has the DREADED M plant code. I note also that the strap is extremely "skinny". Measurements (approx) 10" high, 9" wide, 2" deep. Strap measures 46" long. Thanks in advance for your time! In another life, I want to be Hyacinth!

sb1.jpg

sb2.jpg

sb4.jpg

sb12.jpg

sb11.jpg

sb13.jpg

sb14.jpg

sb15.jpg

sb6.jpg

sb7.jpg

sb8.jpg

sb9.jpg

Hello Authenticators,
Is this one an authentic ?

Item: Vintage Coach Brown Station Bag Leather F6l 5130
Listing number:
Seller and site where listed: tuitionaintcheap, Mercari
Link: https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m97118290111/
Comments:

Thank you in advance!
C
The bag and creed in the listing appear authentic but note that the seller has an error. Either she shows the wrong creed or did a typo in her title.

Verify that the creed photo is the correct one for the bag because the seller is either showing a different creed than what is described (with I plant code) or she has a typo.

Reactions: Jacynthe