Actor Alec Baldwin

I watched this rant of hers. Asking for privacy for her kids. While I understand that it’s ironic when she’s addressing the paps and says, “I’m not going to say anything...” yet she goes on to talk to paps.

Here’s what I don’t understand and perhaps a lawyer here can school me bc I know we have a few on PF. If she’s so worried about her kids, as a mom I understand, why live in NYC during this chaos. Can they legally move away to a quieter town in the US? While all this unfolds. I would do anything for my kids. I guess that’s why I’m asking.
She literally cannot “not say anything”

I watched this rant of hers. Asking for privacy for her kids. While I understand that it’s ironic when she’s addressing the paps and says, “I’m not going to say anything...” yet she goes on to talk to paps.

Here’s what I don’t understand and perhaps a lawyer here can school me bc I know we have a few on PF. If she’s so worried about her kids, as a mom I understand, why live in NYC during this chaos. Can they legally move away to a quieter town in the US? While all this unfolds. I would do anything for my kids. I guess that’s why I’m asking.

I don't know...I fault her for a lot...but to take the older kids out of school and their routine...I wouldn't do that either. Especially since they would probably end up having to just move again once people figured out there they were. At least in NYC they have the doorman and once they're in the apartment they are relatively safe and shielded.

They split their time between their NYC home and others... IIRC they were living in a lower key town when this all erupted at first. I'm guessing it has something to do with school. They probably send their kids to private schools and you can't just suddenly drop out and back in anytime, not to mention they'd have to get them into a private school in another town... private schools usually have college-style admissions cycles where there are very few spots for out-of-cycle applications. They have a ton of kids so it's probably a huge undertaking.

I saw a TikTok where an American mom living in Spain said that Hilary isn’t doing a great job of cosplaying Spanish. The kids first names are not all from Spain, many are from Latin America, they aren’t using traditional Spanish middle names which would be the mother’s maiden name and no Spanish mother would ever drag the kids around the city in pajamas like she does, they’re always dressed neatly and often have things embroidered with the child’s name.

I saw a TikTok where an American mom living in Spain said that Hilary isn’t doing a great job of cosplaying Spanish. The kids first names are not all from Spain, many are from Latin America, they aren’t using traditional Spanish middle names which would be the mother’s maiden name and no Spanish mother would ever drag the kids around the city in pajamas like she does, they’re always dressed neatly and often have things embroidered with the child’s name.
There is no difference between Spanish and Latinamerican names, is a bit like saying the kids’ names are Australian and not British
I am not sure what she means by the mother’s maiden name, I am from Peru and had my name, a second name then my father’s surname and last, but not least, my mother’s surname in all my official documents eg: Lucia Alejandra Varise Yañez but used daily Lucia Varise and then things get complicated when you marry :lol:

There is no difference between Spanish and Latinamerican names, is a bit like saying the kids’ names are Australian and not British
I am not sure what she means by the mother’s maiden name, I am from Peru and had my name, a second name then my father’s surname and last, but not least, my mother’s surname in all my official documents eg: Lucia Alejandra Varise Yañez but used daily Lucia Varise and then things get complicated when you marry :lol:
Interesting! I guess I just love hearing her get shaded!!

She didn’t need to convince the whole world she was Spanish, just one not-too-bright egomaniacal movie star. And she did it!

Last edited:
In my family, we are blessed with Maria del Carmen Fernandez Cueca Lucci which I knew all my life as Tata Carmen.
She reclaimed her Spanish heritage after widowhood. The first time she wrote to me, I had no clue who this person was.
Of course, a tons of Lucia and Isabel and variations of Rosa.:lol:

I agree. Obviously, I don’t think he had any intention of killing her, so in that sense I feel badly for him. Being told it was cold was also not his fault. On the other hand, as a producer, he skimmed on the budget for safety and as an actor, why he’d actually point a gun at someone and squeeze the trigger is incomprehensible. If I was an actor and didn’t know much about guns, I’d make sure to take some basic gun lessons.
Now that my last child is almost out of the house & we are getting older, DH was considering buying a gun for safety. He’s been in the military and knows about guns. I don’t & had never held a gun in my life. DH took me to a gun range with an instructor and the first rule he told me was NEVER point it at any one, ever.
most everyone around here has guns...either one or two or some have arsenals

• Wow
Reactions: limom