Actor Alec Baldwin

There is a responsibility on the actor too though, training is not to point guns at people, filled with live/dummy/blanks or even empty. Insurance will not cover a film where actors are not given training.

Especially strange occurrence of events considering apparently the scene/script did not warrant a gun to be fired at that time. Why was AB even holding a gun?

Just curious - do you know what that training entails?

Don't movie sets use fake money? They should start using fake guns too. If a counterfeiter can make an impossible to detect fake Chanel bag, someone can make a perfectly realistic fake gun.

I think a lot of productions are moving towards CGI for creating weapons because it is less expensive and less risky.

I'm no attorney, but I feel like in many ways being the producer carries more liability than just any random schmuck with a gun.

I agree. A producer would be responsible for all conditions on the set, including making sure that proper safety measures are in place.

In all companies of a certain size, you'd expect to have written policies and procedures, a manual basically, of how something potentially dangerous should be handled. I wonder if anything like that occurs on movie or TV sets? Is there supposed to be actual written documentation of the armorers responsibilities and detailed procedures of how weapons are to be handled? If the production of Rust did have that, well, then prosecutors can determine if the procedures in place were ignored and by whom. If they didn't, that might be evidence of the incompetence and negligence of the producers, more evidence that they were cutting corners to save money. Just a thought. I've never worked on a movie set.

Just curious - do you know what that training entails?

I'm not a lawyer, but I had to study music and entertainment law - in the UK. There are a lot of laws governing insurance, actors' union rules, but they are all subject to national, state or federal laws depending on where the film/movie is shot/rehearsed.

19 Jan '23 SAG-AFTRA stated:

"The guidelines do not make it the performer’s responsibility to check any firearm. Performers train to perform, and they are not required or expected to be experts on guns or experienced in their use. The industry assigns that responsibility to qualified professionals who oversee their use and handling in every aspect. Anyone issued a firearm on set must be given training and guidance in its safe handling and use, but all activity with firearms on a set must be under the careful supervision and control of the professional armorer and the employer."

These are Equity (Union) tips (UK) but a lot of our actors work abroad including US. I am sure US actors' union SAG-AFTRA has similar. However, #13 sounds like it puts too much responsibility on the actor to a) be competent and knowledgeable with a fire arm and confident in engaging with and overseeing the prop master.

SAFETY TIPS FOR USE OF FIREARMS from here

• Use simulated or dummy weapons whenever possible.
  • Treat all guns as if they are loaded and deadly.
  • Unless you are actually performing or rehearsing, the property master must secure all firearms.
  • The property master or armorer should carefully train you in the safe use of any firearm you must handle. Be honest if you have no knowledge about guns. Do not overstate your qualifications.
  • Follow all instructions given by the qualified instructor.
  • Never engage in horseplay with any firearms or other weapons. Do not let others handle the gun for any reason.
  • All loading of firearms must be done by the property master, armorer or experienced persons working under their direct supervision.
  • Never point a firearm at anyone including yourself. Always cheat the shot by aiming to the right or left of the target character. If asked to point and shoot directly at a living target, consult with the property master or armorer for the prescribed safety procedures.
  • If you are the intended target of a gunshot, make sure that the person firing at you has followed all these safety procedures.
  • If you are required to wear exploding blood squibs, make sure there is a bulletproof vest or other solid protection between you and the blast packet.
  • Use protective shields for all off stage cast within close proximity to any shots fired.
  • Appropriate ear protection should be offered to the cast members and stage managers.
  • Check the firearm every time you take possession of it. Before each use, make sure the gun has been test-fired off stage and then ask to test fire it yourself. Watch the prop master check the cylinders and barrel to be sure no foreign object or dummy bullet has become lodged inside.
  • Blanks are extremely dangerous. Even though they do not fire bullets out of the gun barrel, they still have a powerful blast than can maim or kill.
  • Never attempt to adjust, modify or repair a firearm yourself. If a weapon jams or malfunctions, corrections shall be made only by a qualified person.
  • When a scene is completed, the property master shall unload the firearms. All weapons must be cleaned, checked and inventoried after each performance.
  • Live ammunition may not be brought into the theatre.
  • If you are in a production where shots are to be fired and there is no qualified property master, go to the nearest phone and call Actors' Equity Association. A union representative will make sure proper procedures are followed.
  • State and federal safety laws must be honored at all times.
  • If any of the above safety tips conflict with the instructions given by a qualified instructor, abide by the instructions from the qualified instructor. If you are still not sure, contact your Equity Business Representative.

I would ask AB:

1. Aiming a gun at someone (even if empty - that a :nono: ). Why did you aim the gun at someone?
2. Wasn't in a scene/script where he'd be firing a gun - why was he asking for or holding a gun?
3. Even if the gun went off by itself (as AB stated in an interview) why was it pointed?
4. If you were trained (as AB stated in an interview) why were you handling a gun that didn't need to be handled at that time?

In my family, we are blessed with Maria del Carmen Fernandez Cueca Lucci which I knew all my life as Tata Carmen.
She reclaimed her Spanish heritage after widowhood. The first time she wrote to me, I had no clue who this person was.
Of course, a tons of Lucia and Isabel and variations of Rosa.:lol:
Similar to my mum: Sara Maria del Carmen who was known as Carmen, Carmencita or Camucha
Hilaria should have gone for a Maria Hilaria de los Angeles, more grandiose, dramatic and a bit cliche

I can't understand how Hilary from Boston hasn't been dragged for the Spanish cosplay in a more public manner. Like..really? the fake accent, naming her kids Spanish names?. Alec must have a lot of folks working to squash things about her (other than his own IG rant about it)
I'm not sure how some celebs get a free pass. Hilarious isn't dragged, and neither is Crissy Teigen for all her online bullying. That was swept under the rug quickly as well. I can't stand either of them.

I'm not sure how some celebs get a free pass. Hilarious isn't dragged, and neither is Crissy Teigen for all her online bullying. That was swept under the rug quickly as well. I can't stand either of them.
I thought crissy was kinda forced off social media for awhile? I don't follow that stuff but thought I heard she quit due to some problem with bullying
I thought she overshared with the miscarraige photos

Reactions: Gracilan and limom
I thought crissy was kinda forced off social media for awhile? I don't follow that stuff but thought I heard she quit due to some problem with bullying
I thought she overshared with the miscarraige photos
Yeah, but she's back with a vengeance. She and hilarious and like bad rashes that won't go away. You think you can steroid cream them and they're gone, and then, BAM! they're back!

Yeah, but she's back with a vengeance. She and hilarious and like bad rashes that won't go away. You think you can steroid cream them and they're gone, and then, BAM! they're back!
they're both wives of very successful men....Chrissy at least did have a career as a model. the other one was a yoga instructor and is very thirsty for attention from the public

What they did was heinous but not to the level of total cancellation for life. I think they were both lambasted at the time, and neither are really important enough to continue making the front pages for like years and years so people forget about it. These women probably make huge sums (at least Chrissie does) so I imagine if they can keep it, they'll keep it. I don't blame them so much as people who still follow them. I haven't thought about Hilaria since her scandal... not sure why she's still a thing.

• Insightful
Reactions: limom
I'm thinking the state/local law enforcements want to get to the bottom of how a loaded firearm ended up on a movie set.
Someone knows something.
If no one is going to admit to where the live rounds came from, well the movie's producer is at fault.
What happened to the reports early on about how members of the crew were using the guns for target shooting? After the first two weeks all of that disappeared. Wiped clean.

I wondered if a member of the cast or crew brought the live ammo to use for target shooting and accidentally left one or more of the guns loaded and the armorer didn’t check when they brought the guns back.