Hermes Birkin Orange H vs. Potiron

BirkinMob

#OG
O.G.
Dec 27, 2011
Hey..... I wanted an Orange Birkin 30 for a long time. So when i found one for a price i could digest, i grabbed it. Unfortunately, i am not too sure i want to keep it. The bag color is Potiron which looks just like a pumpkin subdued version of the classic Hermes orange color. I am on the fence about returning it.
What do you guys and gals think? Is the color unflattering compared to the Orange H? I havent seen an Orange H in person but in my head its like the color of the box.

Birkin 30.jpeg

Keep it. In my opinion Potiron is even better than Hermes orange. And like the previous poster said, you could use Potiron all year round and work it as a neutral.

In spring/ summer months the orange will show even more. And in fall/ winter months the orange look more muted.

I think you'll regret it if you let this one go. Perhaps get an Hermes orange wallet or twillys to go with this bag, but DON'T let this one go.

Keep it. In my opinion Potiron is even better than Hermes orange. And like the previous poster said, you could use Potiron all year round and work it as a neutral.

In spring/ summer months the orange will show even more. And in fall/ winter months the orange look more muted.

I think you'll regret it if you let this one go. Perhaps get an Hermes orange wallet or twillys to go with this bag, but DON'T let this one go.
You’re right! I’m going to keep it and take your advice. Thank you

Lindsay Lohan with her orange Hermes. I think Potiron would have looked better. More put together.

I like Hermes orange on smaller bags for a pop of color, not on a bigger birkin or kelly. And you have to be careful/ more coordinated when wearing Hermes orange, otherwise you could easily look like a hot mess.

Anyway, happy shopping and what a first world problem you have! Hahaha. :smile: :smile: :smile:

Lindsay-Lohan-Hermes-Birkin-bag-orange.jpg
qwkdfr7knf291.jpg

I just read a thread on FB from a woman who has the brighter orange and can't seem to find anything to go with it and is thinking of selling her bag. I think they are both gorgeous oranges, but sounds like your color is easier to wear day to day.

Reactions: BirkinMob
Will you still long for the orange if you keep this one?
No I think it functions well enough to flow with my orangish Hermes scarves and still chic enough for my 99% black wardrobe
Lindsay Lohan with her orange Hermes. I think Potiron would have looked better. More put together.

I like Hermes orange on smaller bags for a pop of color, not on a bigger birkin or kelly. And you have to be careful/ more coordinated when wearing Hermes orange, otherwise you could easily look like a hot mess.

Anyway, happy shopping and what a first world problem you have! Hahaha. :smile: :smile: :smile:

View attachment 5697902
View attachment 5697903
oh that orange is so cute to me

Reactions: A bottle of Red
Potiron is beautiful on your birkin. It looks like a younger sister of Gold. Looks kinda similar to me but with more of an orange brightness. I think it would be easier to wear than the true orange. But if you have you hear set on orange then get what your heart wants. What made you fall in love with the orange?

I think the orange would be beautiful in a mini Kelly or even a k25

Potiron is beautiful on your birkin. It looks like a younger sister of Gold. Looks kinda similar to me but with more of an orange brightness. I think it would be easier to wear than the true orange. But if you have you hear set on orange then get what your heart wants. What made you fall in love with the orange?

I think the orange would be beautiful in a mini Kelly or even a k25
I saw a few celebs with orange B30’s and was so in love

F7867EE6-EA46-459E-9ACD-70FA9F92B236.jpeg

2EC79FCC-04C7-4BF5-A20B-A54B299D1B35.jpeg