Hermes Birkin Orange H vs. Potiron

Hey..... I wanted an Orange Birkin 30 for a long time. So when i found one for a price i could digest, i grabbed it. Unfortunately, i am not too sure i want to keep it. The bag color is Potiron which looks just like a pumpkin subdued version of the classic Hermes orange color. I am on the fence about returning it.
What do you guys and gals think? Is the color unflattering compared to the Orange H? I havent seen an Orange H in person but in my head its like the color of the box.

View attachment 5697686
That color is beautiful! Keep it!

I think it’s important to choose bags colors that match our wardrobe. Not a bag simply because we like the color. In the end you will not reaching for it because it does not go.

While the bag color is beautiful I wouldn’t try to incorporate it into an all black wardrobe. The inspo pics you posted, no one’s wearing all black, so you aren’t comparing apples to apples. Orange scarves, orange bag and all black clothes scream Halloween, for sure.

Now if you just have to have the color be prepared to buy new clothes. That’s not necessarily a bad thing!

That color is beautiful! Keep it!
Hi @BirkinMob ! What a dilemma to have ! Congrats on your new Potiron B30…I have a B35 in the classic H orange, and it is by far my most favorite one- the color just makes me chuckle every time I take it out of its box …and I also have a Cuivre B35 (the color means copper)…
As much as I love the orange and I would never ever give it up , I have to admit that the Cuivre (just like your rose de Boise) is probably the easier color to wear …and I think it’s got a lot to do with the PHW vs the GHW on my orange B …so…the dilemma is …are you buying it for the requisite pop of color …or for functionality ?? I wear the orange very very often , but the cuivre , I don’t even think about it - it just goes with everything…but the orange has stolen my heart …
I think you need to ask yourself - is it better to be sensible or to listen to what the heart really , truly wants ? After all , you have one of the most versatile colors of all - maybe the orange could be like a naughty moment in your wardrobe …or is that weird ?! I don’t regret having my orange B35 for a second …maybe it’s because I also have the cuivre as my neutral, goes with everything option ? Good luck !!

Im inserting some classic orange photos of my B35 against the orange H box - as well as against my cuivre B …I wear a lot of neutrals - but I’m usually in all black …love both colors …good luck - I hope I haven’t confused you even further - if you’re looking for more ideas - check the YouTube channel or Claire Chanelle (not sure if I’ve spelled it correctly ) who bought a vintage orange Kelly and she styles it …and I believe Robyna11 had a B35 in the Potiron in chevre from memory to have a look to see how she wore hers …both options are gorgeous IMO …

5C197AD3-745D-4419-8F9E-8080AC331141.jpeg

3CF9B17D-B32F-43B3-A867-C6F1321E597B.jpeg

0744C62F-611B-4A07-B860-773A7CA514B9.jpeg

865967B3-984B-4580-AA7B-6DCDDC6BCA44.jpeg

45F19634-52BD-4A7D-B944-5E951F1CE8BC.jpeg

38BB2A0A-97EE-4C90-9320-CE3431324337.jpeg

Hi @BirkinMob ! What a dilemma to have ! Congrats on your new Potiron B30…I have a B35 in the classic H orange, and it is by far my most favorite one- the color just makes me chuckle every time I take it out of its box …and I also have a Cuivre B35 (the color means copper)…
As much as I love the orange and I would never ever give it up , I have to admit that the Cuivre (just like your rose de Boise) is probably the easier color to wear …and I think it’s got a lot to do with the PHW vs the GHW on my orange B …so…the dilemma is …are you buying it for the requisite pop of color …or for functionality ?? I wear the orange very very often , but the cuivre , I don’t even think about it - it just goes with everything…but the orange has stolen my heart …
I think you need to ask yourself - is it better to be sensible or to listen to what the heart really , truly wants ? After all , you have one of the most versatile colors of all - maybe the orange could be like a naughty moment in your wardrobe …or is that weird ?! I don’t regret having my orange B35 for a second …maybe it’s because I also have the cuivre as my neutral, goes with everything option ? Good luck !

I think you all have given some great pointers and i thank you. The bag just simply needs a new wardrobe to go with it lol. I literally didnt think this through. I just knew i wanted an orange bag because i love my pop of orange when i wear my orange poppy orans or my hermes orange head scarf. I think it will work out if i try. But it definitely needs some new outfit options.

Im inserting some classic orange photos of my B35 against the orange H box - as well as against my cuivre B …I wear a lot of neutrals - but I’m usually in all black …love both colors …good luck - I hope I haven’t confused you even further - if you’re looking for more ideas - check the YouTube channel or Claire Chanelle (not sure if I’ve spelled it correctly ) who bought a vintage orange Kelly and she styles it …and I believe Robyna11 had a B35 in the Potiron in chevre from memory to have a look to see how she wore hers …both options are gorgeous IMO …

View attachment 5701331

View attachment 5701332

View attachment 5701333

View attachment 5701334

View attachment 5701335

View attachment 5701336
Good Lord that's beautiful! That's a tough choice. I think the other darker orange is more "neutral" and probably easier to style. But I love the bright orange. Wouldn't turn down either one.

Good Lord that's beautiful! That's a tough choice. I think the other darker orange is more "neutral" and probably easier to style. But I love the bright orange. Wouldn't turn down either one.
I do think the hardware difference does play a role- the cuivre (on the right) is palladium and doesn’t scream Hermes- well- the classic orange is unapologetically H …I love them both - but the orange is just something else …will never let her go - but thank you for the compliment- you’re fabulous !!

I do think the hardware difference does play a role- the cuivre (on the right) is palladium and doesn’t scream Hermes- well- the classic orange is unapologetically H …I love them both - but the orange is just something else …will never let her go - but thank you for the compliment- you’re fabulous !!
I just realized that’s Auntie Mame in your pro pic!!! My favorite movie of all times ❤️