Actor Alec Baldwin

It was her job, though she was not on the set at the time of the incident, and she has been charged too. She was too inexperienced for this position but was likely hired as she was less expensive than an experienced armorer. Ultimately though, AB is the one who pointed the gun at Ms. Hutchins. So, the key point to me is whether the person holding a firearm has the ultimate responsibility to verify that it is not loaded before pointing it at another person. It doesn't matter that it was a Hollywood set and this was all make believe and pretend.

I think the answer is, yes, that responsibility does exist and that's what courts and juries have found in the past. It's basic firearm safety. Otherwise, you would have people committing crimes and getting off all the time by saying "they didn't know it was loaded" or "she handed it to me and told me it was not loaded".

There is a responsibility on the actor too though, training is not to point guns at people, filled with live/dummy/blanks or even empty. Insurance will not cover a film where actors are not given training.

Especially strange occurrence of events considering apparently the scene/script did not warrant a gun to be fired at that time. Why was AB even holding a gun?

There is a responsibility on the actor too though, training is not to point guns at people, filled with live/dummy/blanks or even empty. Insurance will not cover a film where actors are not given training.

Especially strange occurrence of events considering apparently the scene/script did not warrant a gun to be fired at that time. Why was AB even holding a gun?
Iirc he states was handling the gun as Helyna Hutchinson was exploring how it would look on camera for the scene. I don’t think I have read anything that disputes that.

Iirc he states was handling the gun as Helyna Hutchinson was exploring how it would look on camera for the scene. I don’t think I have read anything that disputes that.
She was setting the shot, iirc.
Such a senseless death.
An above the line person , the director (?)was also hurt, it will be interesting to hear his pov.
AB claimed that he never pressed on the trigger. However the FBI lab showed that it is impossible(according to the DA).
He did not help himself with his interview with stephanopolos.
The court of public opinion is firmly against him.
maybe, he could request to have a panel of judges for his trial.

I don’t know, if in fact it’s true he was told it was “cold” when it was handed to him it seems like an awful tragic accident. But his behavior after was so reprehensible it’s hard for me to have much sympathy for him. Although again I do feel bad for the kids, the media circus outside their apartment is really not fair to them.

Reactions: scarlet555
I don’t know, if in fact it’s true he was told it was “cold” when it was handed to him it seems like an awful tragic accident. But his behavior after was so reprehensible it’s hard for me to have much sympathy for him. Although again I do feel bad for the kids, the media circus outside their apartment is really not fair to them.
If they cared about their kids, those two maniacs could move in a much more children friendly area.
They must both be completely insane.
Whomever is doing their insta is either clueless or has a sick sense of humour:biggrin:

She was setting the shot, iirc.
Such a senseless death.
An above the line person , the director (?)was also hurt, it will be interesting to hear his pov.
AB claimed that he never pressed on the trigger. However the FBI lab showed that it is impossible(according to the DA).
He did not help himself with his interview with stephanopolos.
The court of public opinion is firmly against him.
maybe, he could request to have a panel of judges for his trial.
Yes, it will be interesting to hear from the other man on the set who was injured!
Just reminiscing about what we used to comment on before this … his anger, her obnoxious yoga selfies, their baby mill … those really were the good old days for them.

I recall reading Helyna was emotional about people walking off the set due to safety concerns. We’ll probably never know but I can’t help but wonder her thoughts about the overall safety …

Last edited:
Reactions: pukasonqo and limom

Because Alejandro es un hombre muy macho
Sorry, I have no idea but if he wanted to feel the gun a replica with no blanks would have serve the purpose and would have been safer
It seems that the set was not safe for anyone and makes you wonder if the crew felt they had to humour the big star’s whims

Of course she is, she’s merching! She can get loads of attention while looking concerned and protective.

“She wore a green Mayfair Group sweatshirt with 'EMPATHY' – worth $108 - emblazoned on the front”
She and her husband clearly have no empathy for the woman who lost her life and her loved ones who are mourning.

It was definitely a tragic accident... I don't think anyone has disputed the "cold" instruction to him. I was in Camp Innocent but when I heard the charge of Involuntary Manslaughter I thought, you know, that's probably fair. I'm not sure how to reconcile all the conflicting things you hear about what IS the normal standard/expectation for actors with regard to guns but I suppose that could also vary by state regulations and they didn't properly prepare at all for a different climate in NM than CA...