Show me your Plumes - An Ode!

Hi all!

Sharing my new baby, the Plume Fourre-Tout 40 in Veau Butler. Interior is lined in chèvre leather. Found this gem in the Sydney store.

Haven’t seen a Plume in this size before and this leather is sooooo gorgeous & buttery soft! I can also smell the leather from across the room. Intoxicating! I hope the smell doesn’t dissipate too much too quickly haven’t heard much about butler leather except online research tells me it’s one of their heritage leathers,
Patinas over time and I’ll have to wear any scratches with pride

View attachment 5647261

View attachment 5647262

View attachment 5647263

View attachment 5647265
OMG this bag is a treasure!!!!!

Hi all!

Sharing my new baby, the Plume Fourre-Tout 40 in Veau Butler. Interior is lined in chèvre leather. Found this gem in the Sydney store.

Haven’t seen a Plume in this size before and this leather is sooooo gorgeous & buttery soft! I can also smell the leather from across the room. Intoxicating! I hope the smell doesn’t dissipate too much too quickly haven’t heard much about butler leather except online research tells me it’s one of their heritage leathers,
Patinas over time and I’ll have to wear any scratches with pride

View attachment 5647261

View attachment 5647262

View attachment 5647263

View attachment 5647265

Congratulations, it's such a handsome Plume

Reactions: bagsrightnow
I took comparison photos of a plume 28 and 32 for a friend and decided to post here too to show difference in size.

View attachment 5677724

View attachment 5677725

I have both sizes too. I always think my 28 can carry as much as the 32 minus the extra cardigan/sweater/CSGM I often want. Plus, I can get a bottle of water in either, but the 28 won't close. This is why the 28 actually translates as a good work bag (I carry a cross-body too) and the 32 better for day trips.

@DoggieBags I love your comparison pix! Here are some more, of 2 of my Plumes: 28 in ebene porosus lisse & 32 in blue jean epsom. To me the 28 is sheer perfection in terms of its size & proportions - so delicate & refined while also being amazingly functional - but I agree with @papertiger that the 32 is good for day trips because of the added capacity (mine can fit a very small sweater AND a very large iPad). Speaking of which, does anyone have a travel Plume, & if so, do you have comments/pix to share?

6D885E50-33AB-46E9-AD3B-B105C5AB890E.jpeg

E44A760A-BBCE-40EF-959A-97B2BFE12F5F.jpeg

3CFDAAEE-EF9F-4CA4-BD63-1B5D26F88A9C.jpeg

Hi everyone! I'm never in the Hermes threads but I just read all the pages here and love the enthusiasm for this classic understated bag! I have a vintage plume 32 I'd love to share that I got back in August from The Real Real at an incredible price. I love the aged brass hardware. There is some slight wear on the corners and the zipper pull. The color was listed as Bleu Nuit in Togo leather. I fell in love with the color right away. Thanks for letting me share!

IMG_20220818_1506257.jpg

IMG_20220818_1507001.jpg

Hi everyone! I'm never in the Hermes threads but I just read all the pages here and love the enthusiasm for this classic understated bag! I have a vintage plume 32 I'd love to share that I got back in August from The Real Real at an incredible price. I love the aged brass hardware. There is some slight wear on the corners and the zipper pull. The color was listed as Bleu Nuit in Togo leather. I fell in love with the color right away. Thanks for letting me share!

View attachment 5688341

View attachment 5688342
Congratulations! She's beautiful! Underrated yes but beautiful :heart:

• Thanks
Reactions: Antonia

View attachment 5688341

View attachment 5688342
Oooooh that’s so gorgeous! Looks like you can shoulder carry it too? Always a bonus!

• Thanks
Reactions: Antonia