Which COACH bag are you carrying today?

Since you are such a fan and expert, perhaps I can ask you a question. It seems like there have been lots of things from Coach called "Madison" and they might not look remotely alike. What does "Madison" refer to? Here when you talked about "Madison leather", I thought maybe it's the way the leather is treated. But then I remembered that there is a pillow Madison shearling and so maybe it doesn't mean that? What does Madison mean, lol?!
I just know a little bit about Coach Madison and should clarify the line of bags I’m referring to was called “Madison.” I started buying Coach in 2010 although I’m certain it was available for a few years prior to that.

Madison included handbags with names such as Sophia (my favourite), Hailey (a super popular bag) and Juliette. The names were really fun! There was the monthly collection of handbags and smaller bags, wallets and wristlets (leather, patent leather, signature). But they all had this lovely finish on the leather items. Some sparkled like my black Sophia (she still does). My moc croc embossed Sophia has a smooth shiny finish. I am just trying to remember as things were explained to me way back then.

I have two Madison Sophias, my small gathered leather bag and a wristlet left from my original collection, all in black and I love and use them all still.

When I’m looking in consignment stores I always check for anything from the Madison line that I can remember because those are definitely pieces I would continue adding on even now.

I don’t know if the current Madison collection is the “new Madison.” I haven’t asked. I have bought a few bags (retail, FOS and outlet bags since completing my Rogue collection a couple of years ago and not completely happy with all new bags so I am taking a purchasing pause while I decide what to do next.

Last edited:
Since you are such a fan and expert, perhaps I can ask you a question. It seems like there have been lots of things from Coach called "Madison" and they might not look remotely alike. What does "Madison" refer to? Here when you talked about "Madison leather", I thought maybe it's the way the leather is treated. But then I remembered that there is a pillow Madison shearling and so maybe it doesn't mean that? What does Madison mean, lol?!
Coach reuses names a lot. First there was a Madison satchel made in the 1980s. Then there was a Madison line of bags made in Italy in the mid 90s. The Madisons @musiclover refers to were made around 2009-2014 and had the smoothest, silkiest leather. They came in gorgeous colors and had coordinating colorful silky linings.

Coach reuses names a lot. First there was a Madison satchel made in the 1980s. Then there was a Madison line of bags made in Italy in the mid 90s. The Madisons @musiclover refers to were made around 2009-2014 and had the smoothest, silkiest leather. They came in gorgeous colors and had coordinating colorful silky linings.
I love Madison line leather, it is so smooshy and the lining colors are gorgeous! I have several Madison Juliettes.