Hermes RTW

Gorgeous! How’s the sizing on this shirt? Is it TTS?

I think it’s TTS. I’m typically a 38 in H RTW and I got a 38 in this. I don’t like my items super fitted and I would say it fits me similarly to how it fits on the model on the website.

I probably could have gotten a 36 but for this type of top I prefer the more billowy pajama top look than the crisp tailored look due to the material.

Does anyone else feel like the last few years' various styles of long coats are just ginormous? I literally cannot size down enough! Am I just anticipating the sizing incorrectly? I feel swallowed by my last few purchases, stunning as they are. :lol:
Absolutely this, and it’s across all brands too! This was the Celine double faced cashmere coat in size FR34… and I’m usually a size FR38/US6.

Relaxed oversized silhouettes are nice, but not the the extent that we look like toddlers in mom’s clothes!

Attachments

• 794F80E1-8EA2-4FD7-B8E7-56FF229A0A17.jpeg
    794F80E1-8EA2-4FD7-B8E7-56FF229A0A17.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 96
I think it’s TTS. I’m typically a 38 in H RTW and I got a 38 in this. I don’t like my items super fitted and I would say it fits me similarly to how it fits on the model on the website.

I probably could have gotten a 36 but for this type of top I prefer the more billowy pajama top look than the crisp tailored look due to the material.

Looks gorgeous on you! Heading to H to check it out next week, thanks for sharing

Random question: is there a leather detail on that top? I ask because my dry cleaner tend to caveat that the leather might be affected when I drop off items with leather details.

Run, don’t walk to your nearest H store and check out this beautifully embroidered shirt from the spring summer collection.

The embroidery is subtle and gorgeous.

View attachment 5672661

Absolutely gorgeous! I believe there is a PJ pants version to match. Ive seen this embroidery on a rose silk background with multi colour embroidery, delightful.

Absolutely this, and it’s across all brands too! This was the Celine double faced cashmere coat in size FR34… and I’m usually a size FR38/US6.

Relaxed oversized silhouettes are nice, but not the the extent that we look like toddlers in mom’s clothes!

Dude! Thank you. Totally agree that actually it *is* across many brands these days... That's a gorgeous Celine coat, not to go to OT, but large or not, it does look beautiful on you.

I guess for me, the question has become - is it possible to wear such oversized, boxy styles that seem to be prevelant now without looking.. dare I say.. sloppy? :thinking:

I have had several instances where it was not possible to size down anymore than I already had, so in my mind, I thought that perhaps I just did not understand how to wear some of the newer cuts/fits. Surely H (and other houses) are not creating pieces that are simply unwearable, so I figured.. it has to be me. :P

Thank you so much ❤️

Dude! Thank you. Totally agree that actually it *is* across many brands these days... That's a gorgeous Celine coat, not to go to OT, but large or not, it does look beautiful on you.

I guess for me, the question has become - is it possible to wear such oversized, boxy styles that seem to be prevelant now without looking.. dare I say.. sloppy? :thinking:

I have had several instances where it was not possible to size down anymore than I already had, so in my mind, I thought that perhaps I just did not understand how to wear some of the newer cuts/fits. Surely H (and other houses) are not creating pieces that are simply unwearable, so I figured.. it has to be me. :P

I have been hesitant to buy any more new Hermès cashmere coats these past few seasons too, as I have quite a few and find the coat styles quite repetitive with oversized, relaxed fit looks. I only like the Hermès equestrian jackets in cashmere or leather from last season and this season. They also have equestrian coat. I highly recommend the equestrian jackets or coats if you want something different (links below). Also, the Chanel RTW if those are the styles you would like. :flowers:

Last edited:

I think oversized can be quite nice if you have the height, or at least the heels, to pull it off!

• Love
Reactions: jenayb
I have been hesitant to buy any more new Hermès cashmere coats these past few seasons too, as I have quite a few and find the coat styles quite repetitive with oversized, relaxed fit looks. I only like the Hermès equestrian jackets in cashmere or leather from last season and this season. They also have equestrian coat. I highly recommend the equestrian jackets or coats if you want something different (links below). Also, the Chanel RTW if those are the styles you would like. :flowers:

Thank you so much! Those are beautiful!! You have great taste. :loveeyes:

Reactions: fice16
have had several instances where it was not possible to size down anymore than I already had, so in my mind, I thought that perhaps I just did not understand how to wear some of the newer cuts/fits. Surely H (and other houses) are not creating pieces that are simply unwearable, so I figured.. it has to be me. :P

Yes. In some pieces, this season, even a size 34 is large. I’m usually an H 38, and I wasn’t even a size 34 in high school when I probably weighed a third less. But sizing was all over the map. There were a few runway and other pieces where my 38 still fit, IDKW

• Insightful
Reactions: jenayb