"Gifts" from Cartier SAs

Out of curiosity…if you shop at Cartier in a given year, will they usually send out catalogues by the end of the year for the holidays?

The first time I shopped at Cartier years ago, I wound up getting a holiday catalogue in the mail.

This year we purchased something much more expensive but got no catalogue. Not sure if this is normal? Or are they trying to be more environmentally friendly (which is fine)?
I just received the winter catalog today.

Out of curiosity…if you shop at Cartier in a given year, will they usually send out catalogues by the end of the year for the holidays?

The first time I shopped at Cartier years ago, I wound up getting a holiday catalogue in the mail.

This year we purchased something much more expensive but got no catalogue. Not sure if this is normal? Or are they trying to be more environmentally friendly (which is fine)?
I received one last year and this year as well. My last purchase this year was in August, a Cartier Santos LE watch for my husband. I also received my first champagne bottle.

Reactions: sparklebunny
Strange things happen, went to a Cartier boutique to ask about the order status of my custom watch. As I waited in line with not good prospects to be served within the hour a lady approached us customers to help if she could. So I presented her what I was asking for and after a few minurtes I was asked by the boutique manager to swap the complete line. The nicest room was reserved for me and I was served as expected. But just for asking my question I was giftet a large bottle of Cartier Champagne. What a service :nuts:

20221228_183036.jpg

I'm one of those people who has asked for gifts but only after spending at least 5k, I'm of the opinion that the stores receive these gifts for paying clients and sometimes it just doesn't hurt to ask. The sales people might get busy and don't think to add anything with your purchase so asking is a way to insure they know you're interested in those gifts they receive for us.

I recently started buying from a new SA at my local Cartier and after spending my first 5k with him I did let him know I was interested in any goodies he might have for me, that is it. Now after 3 months of buying from him and spending over 30k with him he knows to add gifts with my purchases, for xmas we purchased from him and he included 2 gifts without me asking. So it definitely helped that I let him know from the start that I love the gifts corporate sends them for us!

Lastly, I see nothing wrong or "cringe" with not asking or asking for these gifts after spending so much money, it's not like you're asking them to spend their own money on buying you gift right? What I do find unbelievable is when people choose not to ask for anything yet they complain non stop about not receiving a gift from their SA :lol: that makes no sense to me!