San Francisco vs. Palo Alto - Hermes Boutiques

allylovesluxe

Jul 25, 2018
I plan on visiting an Hermes boutique for the first time after the holidays. I am a bit nervous as I truly love the brand and want my first experience to be a good one.

Which boutique (SF or PA) do you recommend as a first-timer?
Do you recommend I make an appointment?
Should I make a list of items I am looking for prior to my visit?
I would also love to hear from anyone who has just started their Hermes journey at one of these locations. How has your experience been?

Any advice is much appreciated!

Reactions: jelenafit
Different people look for different things in their shopping experience. I’d recommend planning to visit both stores and feel the vibe and it you connect with anyone before making any purchase. A list of items you are interested in can be helpful, however be prepared that inventory on everything is extremely low and there is a high likelihood that absolutely nothing from your list will be available. At times Hermes is less like a grocery store where one shops from a list of necessary items for tonight’s dinner recipe and more like a buffet “here is what we have tonight, does anything interest you?”

Also adding on to above and reading the OP, what’s your goal?
If your goal is to have a first experience be a good one either location can provide that. But perhaps real question is if you want it to be good after your first visit maybe as a long-term client?
I say that because many folks here want to attain certain products that may require a relationship or maybe even a spend.
Would a good experience be seeing the beautiful multi-level San Francisco location or seeing the cozy floor of Palo Alto? Or perhaps a good experience to you is acquiring most if not all on your list? It’s a little hard to gauge, but SF location technically has more on variety of inventory since I believe it’s considered a flagship location. (Correct me if I’m mistaken, anyone!)

I plan on visiting an Hermes boutique for the first time after the holidays. I am a bit nervous as I truly love the brand and want my first experience to be a good one.

I would also love to hear from anyone who has just started their Hermes journey at one of these locations. How has your experience been?

I recommend reading the specific location threads to get the most viewpoints

When I decided between two locations. I preferred to visit both and decide based on whether you click personallu with any particular SA. Because my focus was home goods, I also decided to go with the flagship in my city

If one is easier for you to visit, that is also a factor

I do not make a list but see what I like in each location

Last edited:
Adding to what others have already said, the Palo Alto store is in an outdoor shopping mall with abundant parking. The San Francisco Store is near Union Square and parking garages are a quick few blocks walk away. Definitely visit both if you can. I live about the same distance between the two stores and I shop at both.

Reactions: 880

I was wondering the same thing
Also how do you behave. What to say or ask ? Want to try my luck or getting a Birkin or kelly from the store

Do you say what u interested in
Or just ask do they have any Birkin /kelly
If I were you, I would do some research online and creat a wishlist prior to my visit. SLG? Shoes? Scarf? Jewelry? When you meet the sa, show them your list and politely ask them to help you find all the products. Not in stock? Find, ask them to order it for you, the products can be shipped to your home. After that, your sa will create a profile under your name, now it’s tome to kindly let them know your “real” wishlist, BKC size and color, remember to get their phone number, text them when you get home thank them for their help,

I personally had a better experience in the SF boutique. However, it took me a while to find an SA I got along with very well. I made a mistake of spending a couple thousand with the initial SA I worked with who clearly didn’t care to help me find my wishlist items. So don’t feel obligated to stick with the first SA you work it. Go in, meet someone and make a small purchase to see if you mesh well with that SA before spending more.