San Francisco Hermes Store

Ladies,just wondering is appt still required to visit SF store? I don't seem to find the book appt link on Hermes.com. Tried calling the store for my SA, it appears that he's on vacay. Tia.

It's not required but I always make an appointment anyway. Especially if you're going on a weekend. Otherwise you will have to wait in line outside.

Hey ladies, just want your thoughts about my experience. I started building up my profile at SF store three months ago, now already spent about 35k including watch, necklaces bracelets etc, gave my wishlist (just a regular leather birkin) to my SA two months ago and checking in with her regularly. my birthday is this month and she is aware of that but still not offering me anything, I’m so sad and disappointed…I also had some unpleasant experiences with her during the process… any suggestions about what I can do? TIA

I am going to tell you my honest read of the situation as if you were a friend asking for some advice.

Your SA views you as an easy cash cow. You buy stuff like watches and jewelry, which have a higher commission and are harder to sell in general. You have demonstrated willingness to spend a lot of money quickly. With the holidays coming up, your SA is confident she can sell you more stuff because you seem desperate to qualify for a Birkin. So why would she give you a bag now? It is possible that the incoming bags have been allocated to longer-term customers already, but I doubt your SA is particularly motivated to help you.

I want to make one thing very clear: there is no such thing as prespend in SF. Trust me on that one. She is stringing you along because she can.

Frankly speaking, why waste money on the stuff you probably don’t even want? Buy the exact bag you want on a reseller market.

Otherwise, I recommend an honest conversation with your SA. If she is not willing to help, I would look for a new one or switch to the Palo Alto store.

I am going to tell you my honest read of the situation as if you were a friend asking for some advice.

Your SA views you as an easy cash cow. You buy stuff like watches and jewelry, which have a higher commission and are harder to sell in general. You have demonstrated willingness to spend a lot of money quickly. With the holidays coming up, your SA is confident she can sell you more stuff because you seem desperate to qualify for a Birkin. So why would she give you a bag now? It is possible that the incoming bags have been allocated to longer-term customers already, but I doubt your SA is particularly motivated to help you.

I want to make one thing very clear: there is no such thing as prespend in SF. Trust me on that one. She is stringing you along because she can.

Frankly speaking, why waste money on the stuff you probably don’t even want? Buy the exact bag you want on a reseller market.

Otherwise, I recommend an honest conversation with your SA. If she is not willing to help, I would look for a new one or switch to the Palo Alto store.
Hi! Thank your for your thoughts on this subject. You mentioned that our store doesn’t have a pre-spend - how does one get a bag offer? One person vs another? I have yet to get an offer and I have been pacing my visits and spending ( a little over a year now) Is it due to stock? I’ve read others getting offers after spending on average 1:1 or a little over. Thank you in advance.

Hi! Thank your for your thoughts on this subject. You mentioned that our store doesn’t have a pre-spend - how does one get a bag offer? One person vs another? I have yet to get an offer and I have been pacing my visits and spending ( a little over a year now) Is it due to stock? I’ve read others getting offers after spending on average 1:1 or a little over. Thank you in advance.

I don’t know what to tell you. I have had offers there with spending minimal money. I don’t happen to love that store because I found the SAs to be minimally knowledgeable about Hermes. I have had conversations there like ‘oh I wish they still made regular weight 140 silks,’ and the SA would look me straight in the eye and tell me in a condescending tone that all Hermes silks are the same weight. The SAs there have stopped speaking to me mid sentence to rush towards Chinese speaking tourists dressed to the nines. I was tempted to use my Mandarin on them. I don’t shop there anymore.

I think it depends on your relationship with your SA above all else. If your SA likes you, they will make anything happen for you. It also depends on what specifically you are looking for. If you are looking for a Barenia bag, that is just not produced much and hard to get. If it’s something more basic, it should be easier. Have you talked to your SA and explained what you want?

(Please note: I am not a bag person. I collect scarves. I have been given many bag offers and took some that I loved, but I am by no means an expert. I just know enough about Hermes to understand what is happening in the situation described above).

Last edited:
I don’t know what to tell you. I have had offers there with spending minimal money. I don’t happen to love that store because I found the SAs to be minimally knowledgeable about Hermes. I have had conversations there like ‘oh I wish they still made regular weight 140 silks,’ and the SA would look me straight in the eye and tell me in a condescending tone that all Hermes silks are the same weight. The SAs there have stopped speaking to me mid sentence to rush towards Chinese speaking tourists dressed to the nines. I was tempted to use my Mandarin on them. I don’t shop there anymore.

I think it depends on your relationship with your SA above all else. If your SA likes you, they will make anything happen for you. It also depends on what specifically you are looking for. If you are looking for a Barenia bag, that is just not produced much and hard to get. If it’s something more basic, it should be easier. Have you talked to your SA and explained what you want?

(Please note: I am not a bag person. I collect scarves. I have been given many bag offers and took some that I loved, but I am by no means an expert. I just know enough about Hermes to understand what is happening in the situation described above).
Hi! Thank you so much for your response! Helpful information. My SA is aware and I am hoping for some good news soon. I’m sorry to hear that the SF store didn’t work out for you.

Reactions: AnnaE