Scarves Scarf of the Day 2022 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will confess to being quite omnivorous, Lellabelle. I like anything beautiful in general, so that includes many of H designs, and will happily hit BIN if I see the unusual (or bunnies)! My DH frequently uses the "one neck" argument against my collex :sad: ..... but I see his point and am trying to Kondo.

At the beginning of my slide down the orange slope, I was not very discerning and so have ended up with several (many?) scarves I never wear. Also been conned by computer monitors several times and bought scarves which looked quite different upon arrival :crybaby:
The “one neck” argument!! That is a good one. But there’s 365 days a year…

Haha - amazing. Thank you both for the kind words. @LKBNOLA - perfectly tied to show the poochie, and @Nomad - I hope the new year brings you this grail!
So very nice to “see” you, dear Moma, inspiring with your beautiful cw of Grand Vie du Nord. :hugs: That is a spectacular cw, for sure. Mine is soft pink and plissed. I really love this design.

58ABB789-C172-4EA5-A9FC-02A6125A03CC.jpeg

What a wonderful way to describe it: an omnivorous appetite for beauty :smile:

I would respectfully counter the ‘one neck’ argument with ‘one life’ to enjoy them in… if they bring you joy, and it’s not harming you or anyone else, then value them for the joy they bring you, whether that’s on the neck or admired in the collection. Its easy enough to divest a few if you choose to. Also, you are a master at pairing different scarves and formats, so in simple H math that means your collection can rationally be twice the size, right? :thinking:

Actually, I’d say that despite the breadth of your collection, there is always a meaningful story or reason for purchase, and your style is both distinctive and recognizable. I feel I could tell if a mod shot was yours or not without any other identifier. Your collection is lovely because of how well it reflects who you are; your curiosity, your thoughtfulness and diverse interests. Collecting changes over time and however large or small your collection is, I hope you’ll continue to share it here!
Well said :smile:

I thought for sure when I pulled out Les Triples, to help soften my look w my black top, that those three rascals surely would be playing w boats in a fountain. But alas, no boats. Just falling into a fountain haha. Maybe they were pulling out the boat and fell in :graucho:
View attachment 5662612
View attachment 5662613
This is super cute! It reminds of these little handkerchiefs I had as a child, which I loved.

• Love
Reactions: Nomad
Mega quote warning
Sadly no boats or sails in my small (but rapidly growing) collection… but scarf of the day is Robe Legere :smile:

View attachment 5661270
This is my favorite cw. It is so beautiful
Sisters with many who also have Le Voyage de Pythias. I’m afraid my tie does not show the details to best advantage.
View attachment 5661269
This looks great in whatever fold. The hem is poppin
Sailors used to make "Sailors Valentines for the sweethearts back on shore during long voyages. They glued shells in patterns into wooden boxes. My lovely Rocaille scarf reminds me of the ones in the Nantucket Whaling Museum! Thank you @xincinsin for the idea to stretch to shipboard pastimes!
View attachment 5661418
Such A perfect scarf for a beach/ocean lover. The artwork on the shells is so beautiful
Fantastical boats on Theatre d'Ombres carrying fantastical people to and fro. This scarf always reminds me of a book by one of my favorite fantasy authors, Patricia McKillip: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/781124.Ombria_in_Shadow

View attachment 5661422

In a futile search for natural light today, I ended up posing in front of a stylized harbor. I found this print just after I moved to Hamburg and the riff on the New Yorker cover amuses me still:

View attachment 5661424

Huh. There are no ships on the river in this picture. I had thought there were!
Wow a really cool design! I had to look it up. And that green :heart:

Wow wow wow. The eye candy in this variety of boat interpretations. So fun to see them all lined up. But your heian color is gorgeous!!
When our kids were ages 10 and 13 we took our family vacation to Europe. Among our favorite kid-friendly museums were the Viking museums in Denmark, especially the Viking ship museum in Roskilde. Outdoors they even had replica Viking ships that the tourists could take out and row. Of course we did that.

View attachment 5661267

I adore the Viking ships on Les Normands. It took me three tries, but I finally have a Les Normands that I'm very happy with. Twins with @Nomad and sisters with @Karenska and certainly others.

View attachment 5661271

My SOTD is Les Normands.

View attachment 5661521
awe so happy to be Twins with you. Amazing against that colored top! Remind me again what your other two colorways were?
I expect that the Portuguese merchants who imported Indian calicos into Japan brought them on ships. I absolutely love the way this L’Art du Satasa looks with this mulberry color!

View attachment 5661575
:faint: Thisssss is perfection!! Mulberry will be on everyone’s closet wishlist after seeing you in it. It just doesn’t get any better than this.
I am absolutely smitten with your colorway. it is gorgeous w that pale pink inside and snappy border. Wow
Back to this little beauty today. No ships, although there are plenty of knots on ships! Tied up in knots c/w 01.
View attachment 5661894
What a great corner in the design. This is so fun and whimsical
Not a nautical design - but maybe the cloisonné enamel designs of China’s Ming and Qing dynasties which inspired the „Collections Imperiales“ CSGM were brought to France by seafarers?

View attachment 5661971
Haha clever expansion of theme. Stunning!! And your cobalt blue top equally looks stunning. The detail in it :hbeat:
My new La Reale triangle is right on theme! It is based on the La Reale scarf design. "Among the major works on show at the Musee National de la Marine, in Paris, is this sumptuous, carved transom stern dating from the 17th century. The ship in question is the Reale, from the royal fleet of Louis XIV. This remarkable warship, noted for its elegant lines and rich ornamental carvings, was sailed by an exceptionally large crew. Reserved for the admiral of the fleet, she sailed until the beginning of the 18th century." (from the Story Behind) I am approaching a milestone birthday next year, so I am collecting birth year designs for the occasion. Happy to have this updated version of a classic-- striped hem, new format and all!
Showing off ;)
View attachment 5661934
Actual "Knot of the Day" :amuse:
View attachment 5661935View attachment 5662006
I had totally forgotten about the hem on this. What a perfect nautical colorway for this Design. And your first tie…wowza!
Large sailing ships use many miles of rope which literally weighs tons. Rope sizes aboard ship vary from narrow twine to over 9 inches in diameter. Sailors are expected to know a variety of knots to handle all this rope. A knot used to join two large diameter ropes is the Carrick Bend.

View attachment 5662073

Carrick Bend is also an Hermès men's 100 cotton/silk scarf.

View attachment 5662074

Here it is with a summery outfit.

View attachment 5662082

And, here we are in the snow. Carrick Bend is my scarf of the day.

View attachment 5662083
This doesn’t even look like the same scarf. I love it when that happens w a design.
I let this gem languish online until it was nicely discounted because I thought it was unlikely that the colorway would work for me. Turns out I can pull it off and it is gorgeous! I’m so happy to wear these beautiful birds. SOTD L’Intrus

View attachment 5662095
SO happy this worked out for you. It is glorious in its design and on you. Definitely add pieces in these colors into your closet. These look amazing on you
Indeed, there are usually boats on the river! One of my favorites, Tuiga, on a cold day:

View attachment 5662100
What a unique colorway and unique design with the white stencil work. A graphic marvel! I can see what it is a favorite
Inspired by @LKBNOLA to show a birthyear scarf with a nautical theme. This is Compass, with some artifacts on display at a local yacht club. Now, I am not a good match with brown, but Compass is rather uncommon although not a sought-after grail. So I bought this. Also inspired by @LKBNOLA, I recently acquired another cw using her Colour Correction Program justification :biggrin: It is in the mail.
View attachment 5662102

Two ship scarves with a contrasting detail in the design.
View attachment 5662105
Both have ships circling the design. The ships on Silhouettes Navales face inwards, while the fishing boats on Retour de Peche face outwards. I'm :blush: to say that I rarely wear Silhouettes as it makes me feel seasick. Worn in a bias fold, everything on the scarf is upside down and I feel queasy when I look down at it.
your posts are always such a joy to read. I love that we all know you so well from your silkie sharing
Not on theme, and asking for help on the pattern of this Maxi. The format is a bit difficult to work with in that the length is beyond that of the normal men's oblong, leaving few options for inventive knotting, it seems. Oh well, it is a great, sunny day in NTEX...wearing my new Tecovas lizard ropers today on their maiden voyage. An unexpected and much appreciated gift from my D-Son, who is much more into that look than I (after all, he IS a Native Born Texan, and I am NOT!) :yes:

View attachment 5662151

View attachment 5662152

View attachment 5662153

View attachment 5662154
You have made both stylish pieces work perfectly on you.
The ocean is big and it’s blue
Fishes swim there it’s true
I know knot what fish I’d be
But it would have extra shimmy.
Who needs a boat
When you can float?

De la Mer au Ciel
View attachment 5662264
What a glorious and shiny look! Perfect for holiday time. The earrings too. :ps:
Such a beauty, one of my very favorite designs, and paired so beautifully with your harvest gold blouse, RBH. What fun you are all having in that photo. I looove my cw, as I’ve gushed before. Very watery. And a delayed crossover from last week’s grand theme, as these are two fun knots with a MOP chain d’ancre.
View attachment 5662396View attachment 5662397
love being sisters in this design with you.
SOTD, attended a funeral for an Irish friend’s parent today. Several of us wore a bit of green, i grabbed a neutral scarf but as I checked my appearance in the car mirror I was tickled to notice this lovely green detail in Les Biches (1957).

My first time wearing it since the acquisition almost two years ago, look at those cute heads peaking out.

View attachment 5662421View attachment 5662422View attachment 5662423
Awe sorry for their loss. This scarf is a gem, and that green in it is so delicate
SOTD Objets de curiosité - there could be something nautical on it or all the toys were traded and transported by boat.View attachment 5662573
wow love how this tie is highlighting this interior design so well. I don’t even recognized the cw when tied like this. Gorgeous!
Nice poem sister ! Nice match with your earings too View attachment 5662582
Doesn’t get more water themed than this! What a pop of color
SOTD, L'art du temari ( not on thème, sorry)View attachment 5662615
So jealous you can make this colorway work so well!
I quite forgot I had Varangues as it’s in the rehoming pile, but it is on theme.

View attachment 5662668View attachment 5662669
Such pretty colors. Glad you got in another wearing
So very nice to “see” you, dear Moma, inspiring with your beautiful cw of Grand Vie du Nord. :hugs: That is a spectacular cw, for sure. Mine is soft pink and plissed. I really love this design.

View attachment 5662690
So pretty in pink. So Feminine

Not on theme, and asking for help on the pattern of this Maxi. The format is a bit difficult to work with in that the length is beyond that of the normal men's oblong, leaving few options for inventive knotting, it seems. Oh well, it is a great, sunny day in NTEX...wearing my new Tecovas lizard ropers today on their maiden voyage. An unexpected and much appreciated gift from my D-Son, who is much more into that look than I (after all, he IS a Native Born Texan, and I am NOT!) :yes:

View attachment 5662151

View attachment 5662152

View attachment 5662153

View attachment 5662154
I think your scarf looks like mine. It’s Calvacadour then.
Looks great on you with your beige shirt!
Here is mine:

C1F53B46-194A-4BD2-AA40-D6383AEC9498.jpeg

27074AAE-185C-4B3C-A2E1-317480AB4C02.jpeg

SOTD Objets de curiosité - there could be something nautical on it or all the toys were traded and transported by boat.View attachment 5662573
Oh, @Maedi, I am so glad you found this beautiful cw of this fab design. That lavande/bleu is so pretty on you...Congratulations, sister!
Nice poem sister ! Nice match with your earings too View attachment 5662582
Wow! What a vibrant beauty @Coco2606! I am your very moody, stormy navy/grey and white sister in this lovely design...
I thought for sure when I pulled out Les Triples, to help soften my look w my black top, that those three rascals surely would be playing w boats in a fountain. But alas, no boats. Just falling into a fountain haha. Maybe they were pulling out the boat and fell in :graucho:
View attachment 5662612
View attachment 5662613
:lol: "There's gotta be a boat in here somewhere?" Such a charming, mischevious scarf...Looks lovely in the pink @Nomad!
SOTD, L'art du temari ( not on thème, sorry)View attachment 5662615
I have never collected this design and when I see mod shots like yours I always wonder why @Coco2606! Beautiful.
Simply stunning!
Thank you!
I quite forgot I had Varangues as it’s in the rehoming pile, but it is on theme.

View attachment 5662668View attachment 5662669
WHY? @paula24jen? Why on earth are you rehoming this beauty that looks so so lovely on you? I urge you to reconsider!!!
This hem!!! Tied so brilliantly.
Thank you! Truly cool that they added this feature to a cashmere format.
Haha - amazing. Thank you both for the kind words. @LKBNOLA - perfectly tied to show the poochie, and @Nomad - I hope the new year brings you this grail!
Thank you dear enabler! I have a whole "clutch" of scarves that owe their real estate in my scarf drawer to you @momasaurus...

View attachment 5662690
This whole look is just so lovely. This design is amazing-- I have a pale blue one too and it completely alters the scene. I am sure I was inspired by your pastel cw for that one. Can we ever have enough of Aline Honore @Karenska?
Sur Mon Nuage Bleu Ciel/Parme/Jaune c/w 13. With it's beautiful candy stripe hems, reminiscent of thin ropes!!!
View attachment 5662705
Just adore this cw and it is made for you. Amazing look @hotgalaxy.
Mega quote warning

This is my favorite cw. It is so beautiful

This looks great in whatever fold. The hem is poppin

Such A perfect scarf for a beach/ocean lover. The artwork on the shells is so beautiful

Wow a really cool design! I had to look it up. And that green :heart:

Wow wow wow. The eye candy in this variety of boat interpretations. So fun to see them all lined up. But your heian color is gorgeous!!

awe so happy to be Twins with you. Amazing against that colored top! Remind me again what your other two colorways were?

:faint: Thisssss is perfection!! Mulberry will be on everyone’s closet wishlist after seeing you in it. It just doesn’t get any better than this.

I am absolutely smitten with your colorway. it is gorgeous w that pale pink inside and snappy border. Wow

What a great corner in the design. This is so fun and whimsical

Haha clever expansion of theme. Stunning!! And your cobalt blue top equally looks stunning. The detail in it :hbeat:

I had totally forgotten about the hem on this. What a perfect nautical colorway for this Design. And your first tie…wowza!

This doesn’t even look like the same scarf. I love it when that happens w a design.

SO happy this worked out for you. It is glorious in its design and on you. Definitely add pieces in these colors into your closet. These look amazing on you

What a unique colorway and unique design with the white stencil work. A graphic marvel! I can see what it is a favorite

your posts are always such a joy to read. I love that we all know you so well from your silkie sharing

You have made both stylish pieces work perfectly on you.

What a glorious and shiny look! Perfect for holiday time. The earrings too. :ps:

love being sisters in this design with you.

Awe sorry for their loss. This scarf is a gem, and that green in it is so delicate

wow love how this tie is highlighting this interior design so well. I don’t even recognized the cw when tied like this. Gorgeous!

Doesn’t get more water themed than this! What a pop of color

So jealous you can make this colorway work so well!

Such pretty colors. Glad you got in another wearing

So pretty in pink. So Feminine
I agree with all your observations in this fun mega quote @Nomad, and thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.