Scarves Scarf of the Day 2022 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations! I adore this design and also searched and waited long to get the one I wanted. The violets on this are lovely on you @Teaforparrots. I think it is a great design. Here is my pale blue one (not your color but the navy is also fabulous!)
View attachment 5662398
Thanks for sharing yours! I’m eyeing the green colorway as well, not gonna lie! ;)

SOTD, attended a funeral for an Irish friend’s parent today. Several of us wore a bit of green, i grabbed a neutral scarf but as I checked my appearance in the car mirror I was tickled to notice this lovely green detail in Les Biches (1957).

My first time wearing it since the acquisition almost two years ago, look at those cute heads peaking out.

30E1B548-13EB-4FEB-BC80-55CED2672AFD.jpegA51B4B22-19A3-44D0-AD39-9E4407A78043.jpeg3914F3C1-76AA-4036-9B03-217BF5F10F44.jpeg

Not on theme, and asking for help on the pattern of this Maxi. The format is a bit difficult to work with in that the length is beyond that of the normal men's oblong, leaving few options for inventive knotting, it seems. Oh well, it is a great, sunny day in NTEX...wearing my new Tecovas lizard ropers today on their maiden voyage. An unexpected and much appreciated gift from my D-Son, who is much more into that look than I (after all, he IS a Native Born Texan, and I am NOT!) :yes:

View attachment 5662151

View attachment 5662152

View attachment 5662153

View attachment 5662154
After looking up a number of Henri d'Origny designs, I have concluded that your maxi twilly is Cavalcadour.

SOTD, attended a funeral for an Irish friend’s parent today. Several of us wore a bit of green, i grabbed a neutral scarf but as I checked my appearance in the car mirror I was tickled to notice this lovely green detail in Les Biches (1957).

My first time wearing it since the acquisition almost two years ago, look at those cute heads peaking out.

View attachment 5662421View attachment 5662422View attachment 5662423
Congratulations on your Xavier de Poret and condolences to you and your friend and their family. That scarf is beautiful.

View attachment 5662421View attachment 5662422View attachment 5662423
Condolences to you and your friend @Iflola-- at least you honored the loved one's memory with a beautiful scarf for a sad occasion.

My new La Reale triangle is right on theme!
Yes it most certainly is. The contrast hem is outstanding, and the tie you have chosen highlights is perfectly!

Carrick Bend is my scarf of the day.
Those are some dizzying knots! They remind me of Celtic knotwork designs.
beautiful both ways.

Turns out I can pull it off and it is gorgeous! I’m so happy to wear these beautiful birds. SOTD L’Intrus
Yes, you can! And I agree, it almost functions as a neutral. Plus… birds ;)

One of my favorites, Tuiga, on a cold day
Lovely!

Inspired by @LKBNOLA to show a birthyear scarf with a nautical theme. This is Compass

Two ship scarves with a contrasting detail in the design.
I marvel at the breadth of your collection, @xincinsin. And hopefully the motion sickness does not prevent you from enjoying these lovelies.
Not on theme, and asking for help on the pattern of this Maxi. The format is a bit difficult to work with in that the length is beyond that of the normal men's oblong, leaving few options for inventive knotting, it seems. Oh well, it is a great, sunny day in NTEX...wearing my new Tecovas lizard ropers today on their maiden voyage. An unexpected and much appreciated gift from my D-Son, who is much more into that look than I (after all, he IS a Native Born Texan, and I am NOT!) :yes:
boots and scarf are great, and work so well together. The colour combo is very polished, and you’ve wrangled the silk with an expert hand. Now.. to find a coordinating hat… ;)
De la Mer au Ciel
Wow. This is surprisingly festive and structured in this CW. Very elegant. And the black hem is :ps:

Such a beauty, one of my very favorite designs, and paired so beautifully with your harvest gold blouse, RBH. What fun you are all having in that photo. I looove my cw, as I’ve gushed before. Very watery. And a delayed crossover from last week’s grand theme, as these are two fun knots with a MOP chain d’ancre.
Lovely with the MOP chain d’ancre. bonus points for theme crossover :tup:
And just please indulge me for a minute as I share my scarf mail! I have been looking for this pretty cw of La Vie du Grand Nord since I saw it on @momasaurus. I finally found it-- quite well loved, but a bath and a little spot treatment later, here she is. Not on theme except that how would I get to the Great North? Perhaps a boat would get me there... Tied to show the sweet husky face :smile:
:panic: I would be in a swivet of excitement, too @LKBNOLA. Just look at that darling puppy face. Congratulations on finding your Grand Nord!

Condolences, @Iflola. I haven’t seen this before. What tender details. Vintage silk is lovely.

I marvel at the breadth of your collection, @xincinsin. And hopefully the motion sickness does not prevent you from enjoying these lovelies.
I will confess to being quite omnivorous, Lellabelle. I like anything beautiful in general, so that includes many of H designs, and will happily hit BIN if I see the unusual (or bunnies)! My DH frequently uses the "one neck" argument against my collex :sad: ..... but I see his point and am trying to Kondo.

At the beginning of my slide down the orange slope, I was not very discerning and so have ended up with several (many?) scarves I never wear. Also been conned by computer monitors several times and bought scarves which looked quite different upon arrival :crybaby:

I will confess to being quite omnivorous, Lellabelle. I like anything beautiful in general, so that includes many of H designs, and will happily hit BIN if I see the unusual (or bunnies)! My DH frequently uses the "one neck" argument against my collex :sad: ..... but I see his point and am trying to Kondo.

At the beginning of my slide down the orange slope, I was not very discerning and so have ended up with several (many?) scarves I never wear. Also been conned by computer monitors several times and bought scarves which looked quite different upon arrival :crybaby:
What a wonderful way to describe it: an omnivorous appetite for beauty :smile:

I would respectfully counter the ‘one neck’ argument with ‘one life’ to enjoy them in… if they bring you joy, and it’s not harming you or anyone else, then value them for the joy they bring you, whether that’s on the neck or admired in the collection. Its easy enough to divest a few if you choose to. Also, you are a master at pairing different scarves and formats, so in simple H math that means your collection can rationally be twice the size, right? :thinking:

Actually, I’d say that despite the breadth of your collection, there is always a meaningful story or reason for purchase, and your style is both distinctive and recognizable. I feel I could tell if a mod shot was yours or not without any other identifier. Your collection is lovely because of how well it reflects who you are; your curiosity, your thoughtfulness and diverse interests. Collecting changes over time and however large or small your collection is, I hope you’ll continue to share it here!

Sometimes I need to find excuses NOT to buy a scarf haha. If it ‘reminds’ me or has the same ‘feels’ when tied up then I can talk myself out of buying anything :angel: . The modeling pic on H.com w the liberte around the waist w the pink hem and how there is a busy look of colors and patterns when tied, just checked boxes for me with one I already own. But man oh man, the colors and patterns are so so different Haha.
This is very logical. I like En Liberté now too - as different color ways are all gone :smile:

Argh, quotes from @Thelittlefoxes and @Snausages got munged together and I can't pull them apart. And there are lost quotes as well...

Thank you, @Cookiefiend and @Nomad for your kind comments!

Thank you, @Thelittlefoxes ! Given your skill with color, I'm honored!

Hurray, @Snausages ! You have great taste! :lol:

Thank you! :smile:

Oh, excellent, @Cookiefiend ! I'd even recommend first the novel Alphabet of Thorns, which is just wonderful fantasy. Many years ago I had a week's vacation in a camp/resort in the San Juan islands, a cabin with just a bed and a woodstove and a great cafe to wander to when I wanted food and/or to see people. And a half-dozen of McKillip's books, all new to me, each fascinating and completely different!

Exactly, @Agrume ! Proof in the next scarf pic, I promise. Thank you!

Thank you, @Maedi ! I find the contrast between very crisp graphics and kind of dreamlike subject cool as well!

Thank you, @LKBNOLA ! It is a very nice green, and one of the few green scarves I own. I've seen a pretty blue colorway, and an amazing brown one. I'm hoping to find a Jeux d'Ombres in a non-pastel, non-orange colorway as a counterpoint, but so far no luck.
and the week on the San Juans sounds absolutely recharging. I could use a time like that now :smile:

And just please indulge me for a minute as I share my scarf mail! I have been looking for this pretty cw of La Vie du Grand Nord since I saw it on @momasaurus. I finally found it-- quite well loved, but a bath and a little spot treatment later, here she is. Not on theme except that how would I get to the Great North? Perhaps a boat would get me there... Tied to show the sweet husky face :smile:
View attachment 5662401
I am going to catch up on so many comments I have for others, but I had to hop on here and share haha. This IS gorgeous!!
lookie lookie what snapshot I have on my scarf wishlist. It’s our beloved @momasaurus in hers hahah. It is the only colorway I have listed under grand nord haha. It is just such a unique color. Huge congrats!!
by the date on my photo, I am coming up on my one year hunt-iversary and have never seen one :panic:AC035D3F-D222-413E-AAD1-CA617C995461.png

Status
Not open for further replies.