Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

I actually read the article....she talked about how suits lasted seven years....of course that puts her on the level of the others mentioned in the headline. No. She is famous for nailing Harry. Period.
A slight correction if I may: Suits lasted nine seasons. Katherine Heigl came on board after Patrick J. Adams left after season seven. I was and am a massive Suits fan.

But did you see this one? A personal polo experience with Nacho for $295K!!! I was just browsing this year's offerings.
This one baffles me- https://www.neimanmarcus.com/en-gb/...y-and-special-events/holiday-decorations-2022

The photos and videos of the decs looks like garden centre quality but even if they were exquisite who is going to want to go learn how to decorate before Christmas as their present or go do it after Christmas when they’ve already done it for year? :confused1:

Im trying to work out if we have a British equivalent to this catalogue available to public- it is entertaining
Sad that Rolling Stone is also part of the Harkle publicity machine now :sad:

I thought Spare was starting from Diana's death? Conflicting info: now this says it includes his childhood. And yes, they are really trying to push the narrative that Sparry is literate enough to write a book.
While there are many unauthorized biographies online about Prince Harry and the Royal Family, Spare is the first official memoir from the Duke of Sussex. Written by the Prince himself, the book is expected to touch on everything from his childhood growing up as part of the Royal Family, to the death of his mother Princess Diana, to his new life in America with wife Meghan Markle and their two kids.

Hedging their bets over whether or not Sparry will do a book tour.
Other than the cover and publisher’s notes, few other details have been released about Spare, though the notoriously-guarded Harry may give a few interviews to promote the book. He and Markle famously sat down with Oprah in a tell-all interview last year, though it’s not clear whether Harry will do the same again this time around for his book.
I’m loving this Sparry nickname - very funny.
Notoriously guarded makes it sound like he’s in with the mafia. I would love to see Paulie and Christopher as his bumbling bodyguards & the McMansion get tapped by FBI :graucho:

T
I think what Catherine has done very well is separate her job from her personal life. At her engagements, she is dressed impeccably, polite, follows all the protocol etc.

But what do we really know about her life when she is home? Not much. We don’t know her favourite colour, candles she likes, or even clothes she lounges around her home in.

And for that I am grateful. She has some privacy for herself and the kids, leaves an air of “mystery” around royal life, and isn’t merching like a instagram influencer.

I think she and William have found a good balance…. they do their jobs but don’t really talk about their home life. And if asked will answer generically/ or rephrase the question.

Meanwhile in California, we know WAY too much about them, the style of their home, the oat lattes, favourite candles etc. It’s the oversaturation which people now just don’t care (aside from us - the avid watchers - waiting for karma to hit hard…)
Catherine’s personal image is very well maintained and she is one of the only ones who consistently does a good job at being a figurehead. I think Will should be thanking his lucky stars everyday he married someone with such poise rather than going down the same crunchy path as his brother. However, the idea that she is close to perfect seems a bit of an anathema to me as she doesn’t really do or stand for much IMO. She just supports popular causes, speaks pleasantries and does photo ops like any other ‘philanthropist.’

I would argue that if you have a permanent source of public money and private wealth you don’t need to hawk candles on Insta and actually in fact that the royal family merchandises themselves all the time just in a different way-

There’s a royal souvenirs/merch website -

There is Duchy Originals the food brand so you too can buy products endorsed by Charles.

Then there is the whole system of royal warrants which is when a company prints the family crest on their product as an endorsement - so British shoppers and people buying British products internationally can be informed on what products the royals apparently use- in fact they even have a favoured candle brand :graucho:
03C2C114-28AB-44E6-BC39-B029E78AE235.jpeg
Then of course there is the fact both our money and our stamps carry images of the monarch and occasionally other royals. (Though I believe that’s set to change with stamps.)

Finally the images of royal family members is trademarked
so companies can’t produce any of this kind of merchandise without their sign off ….

E093988D-85D0-461A-A6A2-CA03BFF37C2F.jpeg

In a way just printing their images on saleable products as cross promotion looks a lot like the blueprint for influencer merchandising to me.

Of course this is exactly what H&M try to do too though of course they aren’t as successful as burying the lead as the BRF has been.

71CD2450-9DCD-4D66-975B-27A38A0848E6.jpeg

Last edited:
Either you all have gotten slow on the draw, or I missed the very serious discussion of the virtues of the tiara MM could replace her loss with in this year’s Neimans Xmas catalog. :biggrin:
View attachment 5647034
Yeah the way her hair is standing on end reminds me of…
EBFE89E0-95B2-4CCC-ABBF-EBDC84AA8D25.jpeg
It is a bit of a spaniel ear as well.

What’s really bugging me is those messy eyebrows- nothing wrong with a prominent brow line, but those straggly hairs just look unkempt. A few nasty wisps does not a Frida Kahlo make. It’s like when a guy swears he’s got a beard and he’s just got 5 awful stragglers hanging off his top lip.

Hm…trying to think of a time when I would look in the mirror and decide that my tiara is too over the top for this particular event…:biggrin::blah:
Well naturally you don’t want to overdo it - that’s why one needs a whole wardrobe of them. Imagine if you wore a Ruby tiara to the fire station and it clashed?! Quelle Horreur!

Of course, the Fife tiara may be more to my liking.

ETA: Composed of nearly 200 carats of diamonds, this majestic tiara was given to Queen Victoria's granddaughter Princess Louise as a wedding gift from her husband in 1889. It features hundreds of exquisite diamonds ranging from one to ten carats, including a set of beautiful pear-shaped diamonds set on tiny pivots which would have dazzled onlookers when worn.

This might just be my favourite tiara ever.

But did you see this one? A personal polo experience with Nacho for $295K!!! I was just browsing this year's offerings.

And I thought I was overdoing it when I bought myself a 100 bucks lesson with my old trainer after 10+ years of not riding and planned to get a set of 10 or so. Then I got the infected tooth/jaw and had to have surgery and kind of never went back and now they have a horse plague and are closed for the public until it's resolved.

What’s really bugging me is those messy eyebrows- nothing wrong with a prominent brow line, but those straggly hairs just look unkempt. A few nasty wisps does not a Frida Kahlo make. It’s like when a guy swears he’s got a beard and he’s just got 5 awful stragglers hanging off his top lip.

OMG yes. I don't get bad eyebrows at all, they make or break the face. I learned to do my own after the one person I trusted moved her studio from one end of the city to the other, which made the drive 1 hour instead of 30 mins for me.

Yesterday, for the first time ever - using a new wax that came out very liquid and went everywhere - I managed to make not one, but two nicks into my right brow. And you know how it is, wax brows, get the first stray hairs three days after. Wax a hole into a brow and it will take months to grow out.

I have bought the Dolce and Gabbana pasta so I could reuse the packaging… the long spaghetti came wrapped in this really pretty paper… It was at TJ Maxx or Homegoods lol. I figure I’ll use it to decorate my pantry if I can ever afford to redo the kitchen (and get a pantry…)

I wish I could afford the appliances…. They‘re so soooo stupid expensive and not practical…
I often get the NM Panettone, they usually come in pretty boxes. Last year they came in Vogue boxes, which are great to store hats. However, I can't see myself paying 50K for a single-door Dolce Gabbana refrigerator. The appliances are pretty, and probably will look good in the Montecito Mansion together with the Barbie car.

Who would pay 300K for a polo experience with Nacho?:amazed: Does it include a photo-op with Hazz and TW?

I wonder if he/she will be able to enjoy the 'gift' without being asked to make a donation to ArchW or to any other comparable foundation. Does Nacho also have a non-profit foundation? I'm probably becoming too suspicious of the Harkles' friends/acquaintances. :lol:

Last edited:

Ok I have a wild imagination …. I think I have this one figured out … allowance for Doria Ragland
1. WHY? That is obvious - so she does not go to the press. Bet she has a tale to tell. DR has NEVER been interviewed …
2. WHEN? It started before wedding, so, that DR would not endanger the wedding. It continues because MM has something to hide - that could jeopardize her standing in business deals, divorce, custody issues
3. HOW? MM set up an LLC for DR - some sort of wellness gig, that has no obvious clients , services etc . Setting up an LLC takes time and money … it was done for a reason
Archewell pays the LLC for wellness services rendered eg babysitting, and gets to deduct the allowance as a business expense

Last edited: