Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

I often hear that people have much more fun with their grandchildren than their children, and try to make up for their failings as parents through their grandchildren.
My parents were horribly strict with me growing up. I didn't have just a tiger mom, I had a tiger dad too. They relaxed a bit with my younger sister, and more so with our younger brother. I come from a culture that sounds like it's shouting even when having a normal conversation. When my kids were younger, they'd tell me all the time to "Stop yelling at Grandpa!" (I wasn't actually!), because, "He's old and so sweet". I felt like telling them that "sweet old man" was anything but if I misbehaved when I was younger!
that is so funny
sounds like you're shouting all the time :smile:
may I ask what culture?

She sold him on the idea that they were going to release the news on their own terms, not on BP's. When they were first engaged she told the palace ladies who were supposed to teach her royal protocol "No thanks, I'll do things my way", and this was just more of that attitude.

I get what you are saying, but my simple brain still doesn't compute why they wouldn't just say nothing instead of actively lying. Like, just do not make that phonecall until you're ready, problem solved.

I'm one of those who doesn't get the joke, please let me in!

ETA: that was in response to @EverSoElusive
I'm not sure cause I was going to ask the same. I suppose they are joking that the BRF won't see Z-list again anytime soon now that HMTQ has passed and HMTK will not grant her an audience (allegedly) :lol:

Anyone else have a different interpretation?

I had forgotten about reading how Jennifer had found it funny to receive an invite to a wedding of people she had never met :lol: Too bad more people were not as transparent. (Yes, I'm talking about you, Clooney & Oprah)

Jennifer Aniston and her best friend Courtney Cox have a 20+ year history of buying houses. doing some reno and flipping them. She was doing it well before Ellen D. She will take the property in Montecito and do the same there i.e. fix and flip. Someone will buy Casa Monstercito and throw it down and completely rebuild. It's not worth doing a reno,
The Harkles could see a profit unless the RE market totally tanks with the stock market. Then they can move to what they can really afford, a nice mobile home in Needles.

Last edited:
written by tina brown....I don't recall if she said the source of that part....but she said he was very upset - talking to camilla and other friends
It’s frustrating when these tell-all books don’t cite their sources. How do we know the source doesn’t have an ax to grind? Or whether there was a source at all? Charles may very well have felt guilty but it bugs me that we have to take the author’s word for it.

It’s frustrating when these tell-all books don’t cite their sources. How do we know the source doesn’t have an ax to grind? Or whether there was a source at all? Charles may very well have been upset but it bugs me that we have to take the author’s word for it.
I looked again and don't see sources name but I think she's considered credible