MJ Chat Thread

Here's my new-to-me MBMJ. I love the circular plaque at the side. The leather is so soft and supple, very lightweight, maybe one of my favorite leathers in my collection now. Not sure what this style was called. It is slouchier than I was expecting so I think I'll mostly wear it as an arm bag instead of shoulder/crossbody (it did come with a long strap). The zip pocket at the front perfectly fits my passport so it'll definitely be a contender for traveling. It is a very deep bag and holds a lot more than you might think at first glance. Also, this is (hopefully) going to be the last black bag I buy, I've got too many at this point. Only would buy another if it were for an event, like a fancy WOC or clutch, because most of my bags now are pretty casual-looking. But definitely won't be my last MJ bag!

PXL_20220820_022550711.jpg

PXL_20220820_022606691.jpg

Here's my new-to-me MBMJ. I love the circular plaque at the side. The leather is so soft and supple, very lightweight, maybe one of my favorite leathers in my collection now. Not sure what this style was called. It is slouchier than I was expecting so I think I'll mostly wear it as an arm bag instead of shoulder/crossbody (it did come with a long strap). The zip pocket at the front perfectly fits my passport so it'll definitely be a contender for traveling. It is a very deep bag and holds a lot more than you might think at first glance. Also, this is (hopefully) going to be the last black bag I buy, I've got too many at this point. Only would buy another if it were for an event, like a fancy WOC or clutch, because most of my bags now are pretty casual-looking. But definitely won't be my last MJ bag!

View attachment 5593778

View attachment 5593779
very nice.....looks pretty small?
I always say no more black bags too....I actually haven't bought a bag bag in quite some time. For me to buy another one it would have to be something very special

Reactions: Monera
very nice.....looks pretty small?
I always say no more black bags too....I actually haven't bought a bag bag in quite some time. For me to buy another one it would have to be something very special
It's about 12" across from the widest points, I think the angle of my arm in the pic makes it look smaller than it is irl.

I really like when websites let me filter by color so I'm not tempted!

Reactions: sdkitty
Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone could help me understand the differences between his The Marc Jacobs and Marc Jacobs bags, particularly in relevance to his old Editor and Director bags. I have 1 of each from both lines and never understood what the difference was. I know THE MJ is the younger, less expensive sibling to MJ, but for these bags that isnt the case. All my bags from each line were made in the same country, have the same leather, same stitching and structure, and had the same retail price. I've been annoyed for a long time about this, although I love all 4 of them.

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone could help me understand the differences between his The Marc Jacobs and Marc Jacobs bags, particularly in relevance to his old Editor and Director bags. I have 1 of each from both lines and never understood what the difference was. I know THE MJ is the younger, less expensive sibling to MJ, but for these bags that isnt the case. All my bags from each line were made in the same country, have the same leather, same stitching and structure, and had the same retail price. I've been annoyed for a long time about this, although I love all 4 of them.
Before 2015 Marc Jacobs had two separate handbag lines. One was his premier line called “Marc Jacobs” and the other was the less expensive line called “Marc by Marc Jacobs”. In 2015 the Marc by Marc Jacobs line was discontinued. I don’t remember if he still made premier bags for a time; hopefully someone else can chime in.

I have a bag from after this time that is just branded “Marc Jacobs” but it is not a premier brand bag. It was priced between his original Marc Jacobs and Marc by Marc Jacobs brands. He no longer has two separate handbag lines. If I am not mistaken he still has some limited couture clothing though.

In 2019 he launched “The Marc Jacobs” branding.

I do not know if any bags are still branded “The Marc Jacobs”. It looks like all his new ones say just say “Marc Jacobs”.

So I can understand why you are confused by the bags you have. They are really the same except how they are branded. It likely has to do with when they were produced and nothing else.

He has relaunched some archival “Marc by Marc Jacobs” bags on his website if you want to see how the less expensive line was branded originally.

The original Marc Jacobs premier bags that are no longer produced are really of amazing quality and design. You can pick up some pre-loved ones at bargain prices.

Before 2015 Marc Jacobs had two separate handbag lines. One was his premier line called “Marc Jacobs” and the other was the less expensive line called “Marc by Marc Jacobs”. In 2015 the Marc by Marc Jacobs line was discontinued. I don’t remember if he still made premier bags for a time; hopefully someone else can chime in.

I have a bag from after this time that is just branded “Marc Jacobs” but it is not a premier brand bag. It was priced between his original Marc Jacobs and Marc by Marc Jacobs brands. He no longer has two separate handbag lines. If I am not mistaken he still has some limited couture clothing though.

I do not know if any bags are still branded “The Marc Jacobs”. It looks like all his new ones say just say “Marc Jacobs”.

So I can understand why you are confused by the bags you have. They are really the same except how they are branded. It likely has to do with when they were produced and nothing else.

He has relaunched some archival “Marc by Marc Jacobs” bags on his website if you want to see how the less expensive line was branded originally.

The original Marc Jacobs premier bags that are no longer produced are really of amazing quality and design. You can pick up some pre-loved ones at bargain prices.
Thank you so much for this info and the recommendation!! You're amazing!

Reactions: Mimmy

I have a few MJ Collection bags and one of the newer Marc Jacobs New York bags. The collection bags are better but the MJ NY bag is decent. It has nice durable pebbled leather. I got better deals on the Collection bags. The MJ NY bag was one of those days I was at a BNM store and in the mood to treat myself.

Reactions: Mimmy

View attachment 5593778

View attachment 5593779
I have same bag, but it is dark blue.

Hello everyone,I need help to check the authenticity of my bag. I bought it from Mercari Japan. It has no white tag, only a black tag. The hardware is different from the usual baby groove has.

Thank you in advance.

16670332250138341171201802892256.jpg

16670332664718867315028819442558.jpg

16670333397001433249467398511975.jpg

IMG_20221029_171009.jpg

IMG_20221029_171049.jpg

IMG_20221029_171056.jpg

Have any of you experienced flaking interior of the MJ Tote bags? I saw the label inside my newly purchased mini leather tote and it says content is polypropylene. I don’t know what that means really. but I’m worried that after awhile it will be flaky and falling apart in the interior although the outside is all good because it’s full leather.
I previously bought a leather kate spade wallet. To my absolute shock after a year the insides are all flaking. So the exterior is leather but the interior is PU I guess.
So I wanted to make sure I won’t experience that with the MJ tote before I decide to keep it.

Have any of you experienced flaking interior of the MJ Tote bags? I saw the label inside my newly purchased mini leather tote and it says content is polypropylene. I don’t know what that means really. but I’m worried that after awhile it will be flaky and falling apart in the interior although the outside is all good because it’s full leather.
I previously bought a leather kate spade wallet. To my absolute shock after a year the insides are all flaking. So the exterior is leather but the interior is PU I guess.
So I wanted to make sure I won’t experience that with the MJ tote before I decide to keep it.
My black leather MJ tote is my used one of all my MJ totes & I don’t have any flaking in the interior. I bought mine fall 2021. I don’t however use it everyday.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: Smspp