Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2022

They are probably rewrapping them. You think it’s a new/unused item because it’s a fully sealed plain plastic bag. If it was direct from the manufacture the plastic bag would most likely have the brands logo and barcode on it. Not all brands put their logo on the plastic bag but the higher end items generally will because it’s a part of buying the higher end experience. If it was rewrapped it’s a soft plastic (similar to plastic wrap you use in the kitchen) and can be sealed with heat. If you google wrapping equipment or shrink wrapping equipment you’ll get a better idea of what I’m talking about.
This is my guess too. Some bags are taped or have the round clear stickers sealing the flap, but some items have the heat sealed seam along the edges and you have to rip it open. I’ve received bras sealed this way against a piece of cardboard.

Employees should be inspecting items before sending them off but I imagine they’re busy. Last year around Nsale I received someone’s returned baby blanket with the original gift message still on the packaging :shocked:

Not at all related to this sale. I took back the last of my returns from the month of July shopping extravaganza, which was to Nordstrom Rack. At the Rack, I saw an MZ Wallace travel bag that I had been eyeing for a few years. I thought it was odd to be a Rack, as this brand seems to never discount at third-party sites like Nordstrom. MZ Wallace has a Black Friday sale every year on its own site, that's it. Last year, I was too late in getting this bag, and it sold out. The bag is $275 normally, about $100 less for Black Friday.

The one at the Rack had no price tag. I took it to the front, and it rang up for $38! :nuts:

Not at all related to this sale. I took back the last of my returns from the month of July shopping extravaganza, which was to Nordstrom Rack. At the Rack, I saw an MZ Wallace travel bag that I had been eyeing for a few years. I thought it was odd to be a Rack, as this brand seems to never discount at third-party sites like Nordstrom. MZ Wallace has a Black Friday sale every year on its own site, that's it. Last year, I was too late in getting this bag, and it sold out. The bag is $275 normally, about $100 less for Black Friday.

The one at the Rack had no price tag. I took it to the front, and it rang up for $38! :nuts:

Wasn’t MZ Wallace part of the sale last year? I’m trying to remember.

Amazing deal! Congrats!

Question, how can items that are wrapped in plastic, never opened be damaged or have stains?

This has happened to me twice with Two different products. And when I say wrapped in plastic, I don’t mean taped up, I mean all four sides of the bag are sealed.

When I opened the bag I see the noticeable damage. How? Is Nordstrom sealing these defective items to appear brand new?
I just had this happen to me with a Nike hoodie from the sale. The first one I got was sealed but when I opened it the hood had brown spots all over it. Returned and ordered a replacement, same thing. I even tried to get the the spots out and they didn’t budge.