Scarves Scarf of the Day 2022 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much, Lellabelle. My vest is by Cynthia Ashby, a designer who currently works in the Chicago area. I first found her designs in a local boutique. This particular piece has been in my closet for years, but I find this designer's pieces have a timeless quality. This vest is linen and has been hand-dyed, and that is probably what caught your eye. Thank you, again. BTW, the t-shirt is by Serena Williams, who I hope will be designing more clothing once her tennis career ends.
Thank you for the informatio! The hand-dyed linen is lovely. The warm coffee tones suggest a natural dye, and the variations in the colour give it a very organic feel. I am sure the linen is wonderfully cool too. A perfect pairing with that CW of Jardin de Calypso.

And the t-shirt is fab, too. It reminds me of Santa Monica. Serena knocked it our of the park (if you will excuse the metaphor from another ball game!).

Some of the men's scarves are my favorites!

This cashmere/silk 100 Aaaaargh! has gotten most of my scarf compliments, though that may be because I practically lived in it this winter:
aaaaargh.JPG

And I very much love cotton/silk for summer, though it's nice year-round. This 100 Carrick Bend was supposed to come out for S/S 2020 but then stuff happened. I was thrilled to find it in Lisbon last fall:
carrick.JPG

Thank you for the informatio! The hand-dyed linen is lovely. The warm coffee tones suggest a natural dye, and the variations in the colour give it a very organic feel. I am sure the linen is wonderfully cool too. A perfect pairing with that CW of Jardin de Calypso.

And the t-shirt is fab, too. It reminds me of Santa Monica. Serena knocked it our of the park (if you will excuse the metaphor from another ball game!).
You are so welcome. Serena's t-shirt says Los Angeles, so you are spot on. Great eye!

20220620_084442.jpg

Let's talk about formats today. The men's collex usually features more long formats like mufflers and losanges, as well as the slightly larger 100cm. So how about long formats in the ladies collex? Stoles are not that far off from opera scarves but since most guys are not as sartorially adventurous as Harry Styles or Boy George, I don't think this particular stole would work:
La Rosee
Picsart_22-06-21_23-15-13-195.jpg
But how about this one? Colours are less bright and the pattern more traditional. A guy would use this, I think.
Empire C'est la Paix
Picsart_22-06-21_23-20-25-902.jpg
For the average guy, bright colours would still work in small pops of cheer. H subverts the norm with its array of whimsical ties and pocket squares in vivid colours like lime and fuschia. Some of my favourite scarves from the men's collex are in a delightful cherry red. I don't think men would wear their pocket squares in pairs like I prefer, but a smaller format like a 70 and in a material like cotton would be quite acceptable for DH even if it's bright and floral. I could definitely persuade him to wear this for the Lunar New Year :lol:
Flora Graeca
Picsart_22-06-21_23-14-01-509.jpg
Or a 90 in a neutral cw of the decidedly "pretty" design Les Pivoines would look quite smart with a suit.
Picsart_22-06-21_23-11-54-005.jpg
I thought the one format which would be too feminine to cross the gender divide would be moussies. Light, floaty, dreamy wisps of silken confection...
But in a neat fold and compact knot, I'm no longer so sure. What do you think?
Queen Anne's Lace
Picsart_22-06-21_23-11-06-521.jpg

Well, the rest of the country is scorching but we are having quite unseasonably cool weather here in the Northeast. Today I paired a scarf from last fall's mens collection with a bright yellow top to bring it into the season. (Conclusion: it definitely prefers fall colors!) Like my scarf cousin @Snausages, I fell in love with the design Quatre Chevaux with four symbolic horseshoes superimposed on some stylized mythological figures (phoenix and dragon), land and sea creatures and flowers...
View attachment 5430798
Love this!

Reactions: Nomad
Let's talk about formats today. The men's collex usually features more long formats like mufflers and losanges, as well as the slightly larger 100cm. So how about long formats in the ladies collex? Stoles are not that far off from opera scarves but since most guys are not as sartorially adventurous as Harry Styles or Boy George, I don't think this particular stole would work:
La Rosee
View attachment 5430927
But how about this one? Colours are less bright and the pattern more traditional. A guy would use this, I think.
Empire C'est la Paix
View attachment 5430928
For the average guy, bright colours would still work in small pops of cheer. H subverts the norm with its array of whimsical ties and pocket squares in vivid colours like lime and fuschia. Some of my favourite scarves from the men's collex are in a delightful cherry red. I don't think men would wear their pocket squares in pairs like I prefer, but a smaller format like a 70 and in a material like cotton would be quite acceptable for DH even if it's bright and floral. I could definitely persuade him to wear this for the Lunar New Year :lol:
Flora Graeca
View attachment 5430929
Or a 90 in a neutral cw of the decidedly "pretty" design Les Pivoines would look quite smart with a suit.
View attachment 5430930
I thought the one format which would be too feminine to cross the gender divide would be moussies. Light, floaty, dreamy wisps of silken confection...
Queen Anne's Lace
View attachment 5430931
Ombelles and your pivoines are a neutral lovers dream!!:flowers:

Thank you @Lellabelle-- I don't know that I love it enough to seek it out solely for the format, but if the design were one I loved and a medium losange were the only option, that would be of interest. I am glad I was encouraged to try it out.
Thank you, @LKBNOLA That is my conclusion also. With the trend in creative men’s designs, it’s good to know there’s a size we can make work!

Lovely, and extremely versatile, as you say. Though I will confess, I am still in awe that you matched your pants/trousers!! That is serious coordination, right there :ty:
Heeheehee - thank you!
I giggled when I saw how similar they are! :giggle:
This simple silk losange was sold as a women's scarf, but I think it would work equally fine for the guys.

View attachment 5430841
View attachment 5430842

Introducing my Blason losange to help elevate a comfortable red t-shirt.

View attachment 5430843
oh now that’s marvelous!
Lovely with your 'plissé soleil" skirt :loveeyes:
:giggle: Thanks sweetie! :giggle:

This cashmere/silk 100 Aaaaargh! has gotten most of my scarf compliments, though that may be because I practically lived in it this winter:
View attachment 5430873

And I very much love cotton/silk for summer, though it's nice year-round. This 100 Carrick Bend was supposed to come out for S/S 2020 but then stuff happened. I was thrilled to find it in Lisbon last fall:
View attachment 5430876
Lovethem both, but Carrick is fantastic! Those cool colors!
La Rosee
View attachment 5430927
Empire C'est la Paix
View attachment 5430928
Flora Graeca
View attachment 5430929
View attachment 5430930
Queen Anne's Lace
View attachment 5430931
Harry Styles could totally pull off La Rosee - any one who wears a feather boa regularly is not afraid of a few flowers!
Your Pivoines and QAL are gorgeous neutrals- perfect for everyone! ❤️

Wonderful! Awooo is a grail for me. You have three? Oh my :faint::faint::faint: I missed it and the prices are astronomical now, assuming any are to be found.
Galaxy and Sweet Dreams are also on my wish list.

After years of being neglected, the men sure have been spoiled the last few years :cool:
I love some of the designs in the large losange format, but was surprised at the amount of fabric when I tried one in store. I had to wind twice around the neck to get manageable length tails. I had the notion that they were smaller, and talked myself out of a Dragon Flash for the unreasonable rationale that it wasn’t the size I imagined :noggin:

Flamboyant web is so great in this format.
Dragon Flash and Flamboyant Web are also on my wish list! I tried the navy FW losange and regret walking away.
You have a fabulous selection of exquisite men scarves. I love seeing them, especially Aargghh.
TY! I find Aaaaargh completely amusing - makes me smile just thinking of it
Fantastic Gav pairing @Redbirdhermes!

Thank you @CedarWaxWing and @Snausages!

What a fabulous collection! Sisters and twins on some of these -- you are a great enabler @Snausages! Love that 600 Chevaux!

Thank you @Cookiefiend!

I know the Canyons Etoile is on my list now too @Winter4! @xincinsin and @Redbirdhermes make it hard to resist...

Wow! I know you love this format @Karenska. Did you get this? Can't wait to see.

I agree with you @Lellabelle-- I was surprised at how much fabric is in the large losange format, temtping though they are! And it also seems true that no scarfie lately would whistle past the men's selection-- I have been most enabled/encouraged by TPFers like @xincinsin, @laurenad, @Snausages and @Redbirdhermes but also at least four of my men's scarves have come from seductive displays at the boutique!
I am posting two this morning from the men's side of the aisle by one of my favorite artists: Jean-Louis Sauvat. Both archive shots. For Lellabelle-- this is the medium losange format and it is very manageable as you can see!
Pirouette au Galop Losange
View attachment 5430207
La Danse de Chevaux Double Face worn as a cummerbund:
View attachment 5430208
Well, the rest of the country is scorching but we are having quite unseasonably cool weather here in the Northeast. Today I paired a scarf from last fall's mens collection with a bright yellow top to bring it into the season. (Conclusion: it definitely prefers fall colors!) Like my scarf cousin @Snausages, I fell in love with the design Quatre Chevaux with four symbolic horseshoes superimposed on some stylized mythological figures (phoenix and dragon), land and sea creatures and flowers...
View attachment 5430798
There’s a green 600 Chevaux I long for as well as your Quatre Chevaux! Another one I regret walking away from.
wow!
Wow!
WOW! Fantastic!

Thank you sweetheart!

Gorgeous! :love:
Starting the week with a scarf I think could be perfect for everyone!
Soleil
View attachment 5430442
It’s a scorcher again here in the Midwest - perfect for the cotton and silk scarves.
This is a favorite - Filigrane :love:
View attachment 5431184
TY and you do graphic designs so well! I adore that Filigrane (and the shirt!)
I love the feel of the cotton silk blends which can be found in certain men's scarves. Today I'm wearing Jardin de Calypso, a men's 65 from this season, in an attempt to battle today's Texas inferno weather which has come to the North.

View attachment 5430267
This simple silk losange was sold as a women's scarf, but I think it would work equally fine for the guys.

View attachment 5430841
View attachment 5430842

Introducing my Blason losange to help elevate a comfortable red t-shirt.

View attachment 5430843
Lovely selections! Love that losange
Dear @Cookiefiend , @LKBNOLA , @Agrume , @Snausages , @Maedi and @Karenska, thank you so much for your kind words! I am feeling much better now, just a bit tired, and plan to go to the office tomorrow again after WFH for two weeks!
My SOTD today is not on theme, but I felt like putting it on because it has these wonderful summery vibes about it: Escales méditerranéennes. I have yet to find a sweater to go with it - until then navy will have to do.
View attachment 5430336
Glad you’re feeling better and the contrast top makes that beautiful lavender pop!
Recent scarf mail - Karnak moussie in blue tones.

View attachment 5430468
This is just beautiful!
Heat in DFW, real life interventions, and general laziness, but felt it only apropros to chime in on the week's topic.

Petit-Duc Bateau, not from the men's collex but surely would qualify as "masculine", at least as patterns and colorways go
Stylish as always! May your ac run strong!

View attachment 5430873

View attachment 5430876
Twins on Aaaaargh - that was my first and is my favorite colorway. Love the green hem on the cotton
La Rosee
View attachment 5430927
Empire C'est la Paix
View attachment 5430928
Flora Graeca
View attachment 5430929
View attachment 5430930
Queen Anne's Lace
View attachment 5430931
I envy your ability to tame the stole!

Everyone is showing such beautiful cotton AND mens collection scarves. Bravo everyone! Loving them all. I haven’t worn a scarf in a bit so archive. I own no scarves from the mens side, but I think a man would wear Les Trophees in this gray. Sports trophies, race car, and an H orange football in here.
View attachment 5431310
This is perfect/awesome/amazing! :panic:

• Thanks
Reactions: Nomad
Status
Not open for further replies.