Scarves Scarf of the Day 2022 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the rest of the country is scorching but we are having quite unseasonably cool weather here in the Northeast. Today I paired a scarf from last fall's mens collection with a bright yellow top to bring it into the season. (Conclusion: it definitely prefers fall colors!) Like my scarf cousin @Snausages, I fell in love with the design Quatre Chevaux with four symbolic horseshoes superimposed on some stylized mythological figures (phoenix and dragon), land and sea creatures and flowers...
View attachment 5430798
I adore it with yellow and your beautiful hair.

Everyone is showing such beautiful cotton AND mens collection scarves. Bravo everyone! Loving them all. I haven’t worn a scarf in a bit so archive. I own no scarves from the mens side, but I think a man would wear Les Trophees in this gray. Sports trophies, race car, and an H orange football in here.
View attachment 5431310
Fantastic colors and beautiful pendant/necklace!

• Thanks
Reactions: Nomad
This simple silk losange was sold as a women's scarf, but I think it would work equally fine for the guys.

View attachment 5430841
View attachment 5430842

Introducing my Blason losange to help elevate a comfortable red t-shirt.

View attachment 5430843
Yes @Redbirdhermes -- this is so elegant it would dress up any outfit no matter what the pronoun preferences!
Some of the men's scarves are my favorites!

This cashmere/silk 100 Aaaaargh! has gotten most of my scarf compliments, though that may be because I practically lived in it this winter:
View attachment 5430873

And I very much love cotton/silk for summer, though it's nice year-round. This 100 Carrick Bend was supposed to come out for S/S 2020 but then stuff happened. I was thrilled to find it in Lisbon last fall:
View attachment 5430876
These are my favortite two colorations of these designs @FizzyWater -- and what a lucky find to have a Lisbon memento with a lovely green hem!
Let's talk about formats today. The men's collex usually features more long formats like mufflers and losanges, as well as the slightly larger 100cm. So how about long formats in the ladies collex? Stoles are not that far off from opera scarves but since most guys are not as sartorially adventurous as Harry Styles or Boy George, I don't think this particular stole would work:
La Rosee
View attachment 5430927
But how about this one? Colours are less bright and the pattern more traditional. A guy would use this, I think.
Empire C'est la Paix
View attachment 5430928
For the average guy, bright colours would still work in small pops of cheer. H subverts the norm with its array of whimsical ties and pocket squares in vivid colours like lime and fuschia. Some of my favourite scarves from the men's collex are in a delightful cherry red. I don't think men would wear their pocket squares in pairs like I prefer, but a smaller format like a 70 and in a material like cotton would be quite acceptable for DH even if it's bright and floral. I could definitely persuade him to wear this for the Lunar New Year :lol:
Flora Graeca
View attachment 5430929
Or a 90 in a neutral cw of the decidedly "pretty" design Les Pivoines would look quite smart with a suit.
View attachment 5430930
I thought the one format which would be too feminine to cross the gender divide would be moussies. Light, floaty, dreamy wisps of silken confection...
But in a neat fold and compact knot, I'm no longer so sure. What do you think?
Queen Anne's Lace
View attachment 5430931
I love all of these @xincinsin and it is interesting to speculate what might or might not appeal-- my DH adores my small collection of moussies but I doubt he would ever wear one, yet he has worn several of my gavs as pocket squares...
Love this!
Thank you @laurenad-- you know in the Short Hills store the men's silks case is first to your right when you walk in... therein lies the peril. BTW, I share this with my daughter!
It’s a scorcher again here in the Midwest - perfect for the cotton and silk scarves.
This is a favorite - Filigrane :love:
View attachment 5431184
"This is a favorite - Filigrane" -- and with every good reason @Cookiefiend! Beautiful pairing. :love: :love: :love:
Dragon Flash and Flamboyant Web are also on my wish list! I tried the navy FW losange and regret walking away.

TY! I find Aaaaargh completely amusing - makes me smile just thinking of it

There’s a green 600 Chevaux I long for as well as your Quatre Chevaux! Another one I regret walking away from.

TY and you do graphic designs so well! I adore that Filigrane (and the shirt!)

Lovely selections! Love that losange

Glad you’re feeling better and the contrast top makes that beautiful lavender pop!

This is just beautiful!

Stylish as always! May your ac run strong!

Twins on Aaaaargh - that was my first and is my favorite colorway. Love the green hem on the cotton

I envy your ability to tame the stole!
Thank you @Snausages. I think the Bay of Regret is the body of water one looks out on while peering out the windows of the fortress on Ban Island?
Everyone is showing such beautiful cotton AND mens collection scarves. Bravo everyone! Loving them all. I haven’t worn a scarf in a bit so archive. I own no scarves from the mens side, but I think a man would wear Les Trophees in this gray. Sports trophies, race car, and an H orange football in here.
View attachment 5431310
Wow wow wow @Nomad! This is a fantastic outfit-- I do not have this Pierre Marie design and you are making me seriously rething my decision.
I adore it with yellow and your beautiful hair.
You are just the sweetest person @Maedi! Thank you. Never know whether white hair means you have to worry about colors or can do whatever you want! I am coming down on the "whatever you want" side...
View attachment 5431451View attachment 5431451In th US this week, and did not pack any men’s scarves. For travelling I wore Boogie Woogie, men’s colours, and inside the AC is so cold that scarves are needed later today.
Ah, @Agrume, enjoy your time in the US where, as you have noted, the indoor air conditioning is more like a meat locker than climate control! I love this scarf-- have never found one but someday... It looks great with your white trimmed jacket.
I have one scarf from the men’s collection: Sweet Dreams…

View attachment 5431455
I adore this cw and it is so fanatastic on you @HermesHope -- a whimsical and fun design with many literary overtones!

View attachment 5431451View attachment 5431451In th US this week, and did not pack any men’s scarves. For travelling I wore Boogie Woogie, men’s colours, and inside the AC is so cold that scarves are needed later today.
Lovely look with your racket - I love the trim!

View attachment 5431455
Such a beautiful blue!
Yes @Redbirdhermes -- this is so elegant it would dress up any outfit no matter what the pronoun preferences!

These are my favortite two colorations of these designs @FizzyWater -- and what a lucky find to have a Lisbon memento with a lovely green hem!

I love all of these @xincinsin and it is interesting to speculate what might or might not appeal-- my DH adores my small collection of moussies but I doubt he would ever wear one, yet he has worn several of my gavs as pocket squares...

Thank you @laurenad-- you know in the Short Hills store the men's silks case is first to your right when you walk in... therein lies the peril. BTW, I share this with my daughter!

"This is a favorite - Filigrane" -- and with every good reason @Cookiefiend! Beautiful pairing. :love: :love: :love:

Thank you @Snausages. I think the Bay of Regret is the body of water one looks out on while peering out the windows of the fortress on Ban Island?

Wow wow wow @Nomad! This is a fantastic outfit-- I do not have this Pierre Marie design and you are making me seriously rething my decision.

You are just the sweetest person @Maedi! Thank you. Never know whether white hair means you have to worry about colors or can do whatever you want! I am coming down on the "whatever you want" side...

Ah, @Agrume, enjoy your time in the US where, as you have noted, the indoor air conditioning is more like a meat locker than climate control! I love this scarf-- have never found one but someday... It looks great with your white trimmed jacket.

I adore this cw and it is so fanatastic on you @HermesHope -- a whimsical and fun design with many literary overtones!
Than you! :hugs:
This morning I am giving Mr. Bones a day of summer sunshine. Normally he resides quite comfortably in the neighborhood of my autumn scarves but as it is originally a men's double face, and we are having lovely cool almost autumn temperature weather, here he is on the blue side...
View attachment 5431482
Another absolutely fabulous look! :woot:

View attachment 5431310
I would definitely score this, if I saw it available at a sensible price.

John in DFW

This morning I am giving Mr. Bones a day of summer sunshine. Normally he resides quite comfortably in the neighborhood of my autumn scarves but as it is originally a men's double face, and we are having lovely cool almost autumn temperature weather, here he is on the blue side...
View attachment 5431482
Love this look! The red stripes are amazing. Wow! :loveeyes::loveeyes::loveeyes:

• Love
Reactions: Nomad and LKBNOLA
I'm wearing a pair of pocket squares today that I first saw in a posting by @xincinsin , our Scarf Mistress for the week. My scarves are, to quote her, "L'Annee des Etoiles and a gav that depicts the constellations that first appeared on Hemispherium Coeli Boreale with a border of ships".

20220621_170440.jpg

I had a childhood love of astronomy that has never faded, and so I share the love of starry scarves. (I also got to watch the finale of Obi-Wan Kenobi this morning, so I had even more Star [War]s to begin my day.)

20220622_084324.jpg

Some of the men's scarves are my favorites!

This cashmere/silk 100 Aaaaargh! has gotten most of my scarf compliments, though that may be because I practically lived in it this winter:
View attachment 5430873

And I very much love cotton/silk for summer, though it's nice year-round. This 100 Carrick Bend was supposed to come out for S/S 2020 but then stuff happened. I was thrilled to find it in Lisbon last fall:
View attachment 5430876
These look so easy to wear! Love the hem in bend.
You are so welcome. Serena's t-shirt says Los Angeles, so you are spot on. Great eye!

View attachment 5430936
greet look with the vest. Captures that hem so well!
Let's talk about formats today. The men's collex usually features more long formats like mufflers and losanges, as well as the slightly larger 100cm. So how about long formats in the ladies collex? Stoles are not that far off from opera scarves but since most guys are not as sartorially adventurous as Harry Styles or Boy George, I don't think this particular stole would work:
La Rosee
View attachment 5430927
But how about this one? Colours are less bright and the pattern more traditional. A guy would use this, I think.
Empire C'est la Paix
View attachment 5430928
For the average guy, bright colours would still work in small pops of cheer. H subverts the norm with its array of whimsical ties and pocket squares in vivid colours like lime and fuschia. Some of my favourite scarves from the men's collex are in a delightful cherry red. I don't think men would wear their pocket squares in pairs like I prefer, but a smaller format like a 70 and in a material like cotton would be quite acceptable for DH even if it's bright and floral. I could definitely persuade him to wear this for the Lunar New Year :lol:
Flora Graeca
View attachment 5430929
Or a 90 in a neutral cw of the decidedly "pretty" design Les Pivoines would look quite smart with a suit.
View attachment 5430930
I thought the one format which would be too feminine to cross the gender divide would be moussies. Light, floaty, dreamy wisps of silken confection...
But in a neat fold and compact knot, I'm no longer so sure. What do you think?
Queen Anne's Lace
View attachment 5430931
your Queen Anne’s lace stopped me in my tracks. Gorgeous! And I love the muted pivoines too.
It’s a scorcher again here in the Midwest - perfect for the cotton and silk scarves.
This is a favorite - Filigrane :love:
View attachment 5431184
always love seeing this special piece. and perfect w the top!
Love the whole look. The rickrack trim is so cool. Enjoy your travels!

View attachment 5431455
wonderful colors in this and the visual textures in the design with the animal skins just makes this!! Love it. I see why everyone love all the great colorways in this design

Thank you for the Pierre love. I know you are a Pierre fan so I highly recommend adding one of these to your collection. There is a colorway for everyone. The border in some cw’s is really great.
View attachment 5431482
as said above, love this with the red/navy stripe! Fitting right in w a nautical look on the coast on this fairly chilly New England day haha. I wish we had more of these days in summer haha.
I would definitely score this, if I saw it available at a sensible price.

John in DFW
Yes!!!! Thanks for the validation! I’ll keep an eye out for you :graucho:. This was my first eBay scarf and one of my first ten H scarves. Had to have it with the sports theme. And VERY reasonably priced.
I'm wearing a pair of pocket squares today that I first saw in a posting by @xincinsin , our Scarf Mistress for the week. My scarves are, to quote her, "L'Annee des Etoiles and a gav that depicts the constellations that first appeared on Hemispherium Coeli Boreale with a border of ships".

View attachment 5431243

I had a childhood love of astronomy that has never faded, and so I share the love of starry scarves. (I also got to watch the finale of Obi-Wan Kenobi this morning, so I had even more Star [War]s to begin my day.)

View attachment 5431513
ooooooo :ps: for the whole look! Inspiration

Status
Not open for further replies.