Ode to the Evelyne

How new is your bag? It may not be mold but instead leather bloom where some of the fats in the leather come to the surface. If you rub this back in with your hand it will disappear.
It’s Y stamp bag so about 1.5 yrs.

I just checked it again and it seems to be still white. I do use it almost weekly though and today is the first time I see it.

Have any gold evelyne owners had issues with colour transfer? I have other gold bags but none that sit so close to the body. I do wear jeans and some dark clothes.

i am trying to decide between a black or a gold evelyne for daily use. I live in a four season climate.

Have any gold evelyne owners had issues with colour transfer? I have other gold bags but none that sit so close to the body. I do wear jeans and some dark clothes.

i am trying to decide between a black or a gold evelyne for daily use. I live in a four season climate.
I have definitely gotten color transfer, but it’s always cleaned right off with a little Castile soap and a microfiber cloth.

I have evelynes in Nata and beton, so short of Blanc, there’s no color that would get more transfer and they’ve always cleaned up fine.

I have an etoupe TPM that's my daily workhorse, that I wear with blue and black jeans and also worn with burgundy faux suede pants and have had no issues with color transfer. I can't imagine gold being any different.
Good luck.

Since Whitefox seems to be shut down, anyone have any feedback or rec's on the zipper liner from JennyKrafts on etsy (or any others)? I read the comments on the insert thread, and it seems like there was ambivalence, but mostly due to their shipping delays, and didn't seem like there was much data on evie specifically. Thanks a ton.

Since Whitefox seems to be shut down, anyone have any feedback or rec's on the zipper liner from JennyKrafts on etsy (or any others)? I read the comments on the insert thread, and it seems like there was ambivalence, but mostly due to their shipping delays, and didn't seem like there was much data on evie specifically. Thanks a ton.
Whitefox was shut down on Etsy but she’s still operating from here - https://www.livemaster.com/whitefoxroom

Thanks for the info.
I was the last Etsy customer to receive a Whitefox insert. I received my insert via China, about six weeks after Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, and US sanctions commenced. The workmanship is excellent.
Since Russian financial trade cannot take place w/ the US, GB and EU, I wonder how the new site allows Russian/US sales.

Last edited:
  • Insightful
Reactions: Book Worm